PDA

View Full Version : Type S Steering Wheel

Crazy Asian
11-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I got a Type S steering wheel but now Im confused on how to install. Is it the same as an aftermarket where I need to buy a hub or do I just swap out.

Crazy Asian
11-22-2007, 12:47 PM
I think I got this but anyways does anyone have a steering wheel tool remover or whatever the heck that is?

Mad Mike
11-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Autozone rents them for cheap and as long as you don't break it you get all the money back.

cdhtang
11-23-2007, 11:55 PM
why do you need a steering wheel remover? Man power ftw.
I took few cars' steering wheel off, just shake a little and pull.

Crazy Asian
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
hahah if you want to do my steering wheel by all means you can help me. I need help.

1NonlyAccord
11-24-2007, 10:32 AM
http://hondaswap.com/civic-crx-ef/how-install-aftermarket-steering-wheel-73433/

or if you have my style of set up,(99accord)
turn the steering wheel upside down,remove the access plate from the steering wheel.
disconnect the airbag module-to-cable reel 2-pin harness connector(yellow)
remove the access covers for the airbag module bolts(one on each side of the steering column.
remove the torx bolts that attach the airbag module to the steering wheel.
**TURN WHEEL RIGHT UP.straightin the wheels straight**

then use the hub install info frm the link above

my work did my buddys 97civic hatch in like 5mins. with hand tools. the important part is making sure the steering wheel is straight when you take it off,or itl throw your aftermarket one off and be driving crooked all day.lol

TypeRPersonality
11-24-2007, 10:34 AM
How much was it? Want to sell it? :D

Crazy Asian
11-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Bahahah Im not selling it. I might since it has no cruise control setting but I hardly use it.

Ya this is not an aftermarket it's an OEM so im seeing if I can take the whole thing off at once.

1NonlyAccord
11-24-2007, 10:51 AM
does it have a airbag? or does ur OEM one now have a airbag?

Crazy Asian
11-24-2007, 11:00 AM
both have airbags...so Im thinking I have to take the airbag off and use the steering wheel remover since Im seeing the diagrams on how ot do it. BLEH!!@!!#%@#$%@#%

Crazy Asian
11-24-2007, 11:07 AM
well Im a go recondition leather...and then after that Im a figure out how to tackle this. Oh man this is gonna be extremely fun.

1NonlyAccord
11-24-2007, 11:09 AM
theres only 2 bolts holding the airbag in place(one on each side) then once the airbag is off theres a single nut holding the actuall wheel on.

cdhtang
11-24-2007, 11:14 AM
seriously, all you need is yourself. There should be three covers on the steering wheel.
1. Take off the bottom cover, the srs plug should be in there, unplug that.
2. Take off those two cover on the side of the steering wheel, unscrew those two screw(should be star or hexagon).
3. Take the airbag out.
4. Unplug the other plugs that you see in the steering wheel (horn, cruise control), make sure those plugs are not in the steering wheel clips.
5. Unbolt the bolt from steering wheel
6. Pull, shake it a little when you are pulling. Make sure you do this gentle, so if some of the wires would not be caught when you pull.
7. Now, you should see the steering clock(says something about srs). Make sure it is centered, you might move it when you take off the steering wheel.
note: if it is not centered, turn it to one end where the clock can't move and turn it to the other end. Find out how many turns are there(I think there should be 5 or 6). Do the math, if 5, make 2.5 turns, if 6, 3 turns.
8. Now, get your type s steering wheel, see if you can put the steering wheel on, the steering wheel would fit on the clock, if the plugs would be the same, and etc.
9. If everything goes fine, plug all the plugs, bolts, screws, and covers back.

Hope this would help.
Sorry, I am not responsible for any damage.

Frög
11-25-2007, 11:28 PM
which i could help you bro.. btw, the cruise control buttons on you original steering wheel will fit the type S.. that is what i was going to do.. heard you got a great deal on that wheel.. :ninja:

Frög
11-26-2007, 02:01 AM
wish**

Crazy Asian
11-26-2007, 02:46 AM
Ya you bastard after I got my hand's bloody and what not LOL.
Nah it's not gonna work. The steering wheel doesnt have the pocket for it so I have to go without it. I have to litterally cut the plastic piece to make it work. BOOO. Though I havent started it yet. Oh well maybe Im wrong but all I know is I got ripped of by frog and he was bastard and wont give me someone's name.....

Frög
11-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Oh well maybe Im wrong but all I know is I got ripped of by frog and he was bastard and wont give me someone's name.....

lol ill be more than happy to give you a refund!

her name is christelle.. look her up on myspace.. queer.. lol

Crazy Asian
11-27-2007, 08:54 PM
ANd it's installed. Props to AutoFab and FiveStar.