PDA

View Full Version : I think I know what I'll get my wife for X-mas...a new Sequoia!

RutRoe
11-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Has anyone seen pics of the 2008 Toyota Sequoia ? Bad-ass....

I've had enough of my wife's Honda Element, so I wanted to get her an 07 Sequoia for Christmas but I was on toyota's website and just saw the new 08. It's awesome...

It has the laser guided cruise control thing that paces the car in front of you.

I know there's not that many people on here that might be into it, but wanting to have a big family, I think it's the way to go. Plus it's built off the Tundra and I love my 07 Tundra.

Good times....happy thanksgiving.

Do you guys know what you're going to get your wives or girlfriends for Christmas ?

EM1toEVO
11-22-2007, 08:44 AM
I like the way you think. I wish I could do that for my wife, but I'm not bank like that.

Jimmy B
11-22-2007, 08:57 AM
what you doin with the element? lol.. that might be her christmas present.. HAHAA

nreggie454
11-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I would like to get my girlfriend a car for Christmas, but she will have to deal with getting earrings.

BTLFED
11-22-2007, 10:12 AM

I've had enough of my wife's Honda Element, so I wanted to get her an 07 Sequoia for Christmas but I was on toyota's website and just saw the new 08. It's awesome...

It has the laser guided cruise control thing that paces the car in front of you.

I know there's not that many people on here that might be into it, but wanting to have a big family, I think it's the way to go. Plus it's built off the Tundra and I love my 07 Tundra.

Do you guys know what you're going to get your wives or girlfriends for Christmas ?

Damn Rut the baller now! :goodjob:

Infiniti has had "Intelligent Cruise Control" for years. :tongue1:

I would trade in my 4Runner for a Sequoia in a hot second if I could afford one. :cry:

coolcat
11-22-2007, 10:18 AM
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=82543&rendTypeId=4

Shipping is going to be a b*tch, good luck. And very nice idea for a gift!

iloveboost
11-22-2007, 10:18 AM
We just bought a brand new Acura TL Type-S. The thing is pretty shnazzy. We were looking to buy a new 5.7L Tundra but it was just a little too big for her liking.

I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish of the new 4Runner (fully loaded) and she didn't want a big SUV like the Sequoia, so we didn't look at it.

We're pretty happy with the TL, though. It was a much better buy than the IS350 we were looking at.

As far as Christmas, she's had her eye on a Movado watch and some other random stuff (shoes, purses, jewelry).

BTLFED
11-22-2007, 10:21 AM
We just bought a brand new Acura TL Type-S. The thing is pretty shnazzy. We were looking to buy a new 5.7L Tundra but it was just a little too big for her liking.

I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish of the new 4Runner (fully loaded) and she didn't want a big SUV like the Sequoia, so we didn't look at it.

We're pretty happy with the TL, though. It was a much better buy than the IS350 we were looking at.

As far as Christmas, she's had her eye on a Movado watch and some other random stuff (shoes, purses, jewelry).

I haven't liked the 4Runner since 03 when they came out with the new body style. Gross. That's why I bought an 02. :D

iloveboost
11-22-2007, 10:23 AM
I haven't liked the 4Runner since 03 when they came out with the new body style. Gross. That's why I bought an 02. :D
Yup. That's the only body style I'd consider. We did see a TRD 4Runner and it looked pretty cool. Didn't see any at the dealership, though.

BTLFED
11-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Yup. That's the only body style I'd consider. We did see a TRD 4Runner and it looked pretty cool. Didn't see any at the dealership, though.

Well ballers like you and Rut don't buy used. :tongue1:

RandomGuy
11-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Nice, please explain this laser guided cruise control lol

sounds awfully like autopilot

iloveboost
11-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Well ballers like you and Rut don't buy used. :tongue1:
I'll jump on anything if the price is right. :D

BTLFED
11-22-2007, 10:43 AM
I'll jump on anything if the price is right. :D

What was her name? She must have given you a deal for you to "jump on her." :idb: :lmfao:

BTLFED
11-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Nice, please explain this laser guided cruise control lol

sounds awfully like autopilot

Basically it has a sensor in the front bumper that measures how far away the person in front of you is. If you get too close to them, the car will automatically hit the brakes/decelerate until you are a safe distance away again.

MudderFugger
11-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Basically it has a sensor in the front bumper that measures how far away the person in front of you is. If you get too close to them, the car will automatically hit the brakes/decelerate until you are a safe distance away again.I guess moving your right foot to tap the brake yourself and then hitting the "resume" button is asking too much anymore, lol.

RandomGuy
11-22-2007, 11:32 AM
they need to make it steer as well, that would be gangster

IronEagle
11-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Shipping is going to be a b*tch, good luck. And very nice idea for a gift!

Haha WIN.

Echonova
11-22-2007, 11:46 AM
My wife told me to get her something pratical. So after thinking about it, I decided to get her something she can use everyday... A new vacuum cleaner.

Crazy Asian
11-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Thats not practical. I just get her some ham and bread...and tell her to make me a sandwich.

RutRoe
11-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Thats not practical. I just get her some ham and bread...and tell her to make me a sandwich.

HA ha... that and the picture of the giant redwood really made me laugh.

Chris... I"m no baller....just another guy that will do whatever it takes to make his wifey happy :) I never said I was gonna pay cash for it !

They'll finance anyone these days....

But I'm totally with you guys on the 4 runner thing. The new ones are too expensive for me to not just get a Sequoia. I tried to talk her into a crew max Tundra, but since Toyota gave me my truck for free, she didn't want to pay for one of those....and I don't know how long I get to keep it, but I sure am enjoying driving it.

And we have loved her Element for the record...I'm really happy with it. It's the AWD 5 speed, so it's fun to drive, but I can't tow a car with it, and if you know me, that just doesn't work :)

But we'll certainly see how stuff looks once they start showing up on the lots.

Julio
11-22-2007, 09:05 PM
As far as Christmas, she's had her eye on a Movado watch

She has good taste I see.. I love Movado .. :goodjob:

Vteckidd
11-22-2007, 09:07 PM
My parents have a 07 Sequioa an its badass.

My dad has an RX8 and its cool too, i drove it this weekend to my sisters for Thanksgiving, its a cool ride.

BTLFED
11-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Chris... I"m no baller....just another guy that will do whatever it takes to make his wifey happy :) I never said I was gonna pay cash for it !

HAAHHA! Well I can't even afford to finance one so you are one up on me. :lmfao:

Leisa
11-23-2007, 10:34 AM

Brett and I are giving each other a week long trip to Las Vegas in February..

Kevykev
11-23-2007, 10:35 AM
HAAHHA! Well I can't even afford to finance one so you are one up on me. :lmfao:

I bet you can!

BTLFED
11-23-2007, 10:42 AM
I bet you can!

I dunno where you get your info. I barely afford my 02 4Runner.

Boo :hiss: on Nalley! :mad:

toxxxic
11-23-2007, 10:54 AM
eh too expensive for gas in my opinion.

1000cckiller
11-23-2007, 11:36 AM
its so many cake daddy's in this thread, it pathetic

Kevykev
11-23-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm truly blessed, my girl looks like a high maintenance chick but she's soooo opposite that.

Rut, your wife better not be like that!

if so...BAN

Shawna
11-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I dunno where you get your info. I barely afford my 02 4Runner.

Boo :hiss: on Nalley! :mad:

Ill take it off your hands for you :D

RutRoe
11-23-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm truly blessed, my girl looks like a high maintenance chick but she's soooo opposite that.

Rut, your wife better not be like that!

if so...BAN

Kev... she puts up with me.

That should be "enough said" Ha ha...

Don't be fooled... I want it for me just as much as she wants it. Maybe more... I can't fit 22's on my STi :)

osiriskidd
11-23-2007, 11:28 PM
buying my gf a 04 wrx

BTLFED
11-24-2007, 08:19 AM
eh too expensive for gas in my opinion.

And you drive what? I'm guessing a Civic or something of that nature. :rolleyes:

Truth is, when not driven like a psychopath, a 5.6L V8 QX56 only gets a couple miles less a gallon than my V6 4Runner. The Sequoia is probably the same way. Most new generation V8s aren't completely the gas guzzlers that people make them out to be. I would be more than happy to sacrifice 2-3 miles a gallon to drive a QX56 or Sequoia over my 4Runner, and I LOVE my 4Runner.

And Shawna, no you can't have my 4Runner. :lmfao: :kiss:

Kevykev
11-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Kev... she puts up with me.

That should be "enough said" Ha ha...

Don't be fooled... I want it for me just as much as she wants it. Maybe more... I can't fit 22's on my STi :)

Not all into the Big Wheels but for that Big monster - it's like a QX 56 they have that bulky look therefore they require at least 24's :(