PDA

View Full Version : EF hatch build up thread!! BRILLIANT!! (56k no wayy)

madking411
11-21-2007, 03:54 PM
This thread was inspired by the K20a2 EG build up thread that was written by Hybrid93Hatch. I know, that my thread will probably not even be HALF the greatness his is, but...I think it'll be fun taking pictures along the way, since its my first car that im gonna build completely from scratch. Anyways....

Here's DAY ONE:cleaning up the bumper and tinting lights....:goodjob:

1st, this is all the parts that I pulled from the junkyard today, minus the front bumper. Its just the shift linkage, parking lights, and radiator fans.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3242/0001009kw1.jpg

Heres the parking lights, getting TINTED!! You have to clean them beforehand, but i kinda forgot to do that.....I just sprayed them, but they didnt turn out all that bad!!:goodjob: Nice n smooooth
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1557/0001011jl0.jpg

YUCK!!! one of the turn signals that were on the bumper was half burned, and broken or whatever. I dont know what happened to this one, but its goin in the trash immmmediately.:tongue1: The other one, will still be cleaned and tinted as normal though.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6128/0001027fj1.jpg

Rub-a-dub-dub, gettin all soapyyy!! ALL CLEAN!!:goodjob:
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1267/0001023sh1.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4765/0001025ki8.jpg

Got the signal lightly tinted!! This is after 1 layer of spray. Its not dark enough though......
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5098/0001018hn1.jpg

this is after 2 layers of spray. Much better:goodjob:
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3149/0001021hx4.jpg

Heres what i used to do it. Its supposed to be for RC cars, and other small hobbies. Hah, looks like it can be used on big hobbies too! Its like some sort of transparent window-tint laquer.
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6170/0001017db1.jpg
Cleaning out the turn signal reflectors, using a mild dishwashing detergent solution. 1/3 soap, and 2/3 water. Its the same stuff i used to clean the bumper up some.....Works GREAT!:yes:
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7870/0001020qg6.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3904/0001019la3.jpg

So, heres the fruits of TODAY's labor. A nice, clean front. Its not done yet, but by looking at the one side, you can get a sneak peek of what the whole thing will look like once its done. I think it'll have a ''stealthy'' look to it, because im going to have the parking lights blacked out completely, and the turn signals tinted slightly. You all just tell me what you think so far!:goodjob:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/115/0001026go4.jpg

AV8ter
11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Do you have a car, or just parts?

Kevin

madking411
11-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Do you have a car, or just parts?

Kevin

Have a car, but its not at my house. Im not gonna pick the car up til friday. Its a rolling chassis. So, for now, im just gathering parts and cleaning em all up

BUGMAN
11-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Cool... Good luck on the build.

The beginning of several of our cars started with a pile of parts and a few ideas.

changaroo
11-21-2007, 06:06 PM
very nice, good choice on not buildling the sunfire

gtikid
11-21-2007, 06:24 PM
May I ask what your obsession with tinting lights is?

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
^ lol.

madking411
11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
May I ask what your obsession with tinting lights is?

:D Idunno. I just like havin a car with them. I tried havin em on the sunfire, but it got really messed up. So, since im gonna do a car, and have it EXACTLY the way i want it, im gonna do it all the right way.

But, anyways....once its all done, it should be SICKKK....:goodjob: Even though, for now, it wont be, cuz theres just gonna be a D-series dropping in it...I just want to get it running. I'll go for more power later

ryanh300
11-21-2007, 09:15 PM
:D Idunno. I just like havin a car with them. I tried havin em on the sunfire, but it got really messed up. So, since im gonna do a car, and have it EXACTLY the way i want it, im gonna do it all the right way.

But, anyways....once its all done, it should be SICKKK....:goodjob: Even though, for now, it wont be, cuz theres just gonna be a D-series dropping in it...I just want to get it running. I'll go for more power later

So you bought the ef shell then you bought a d series to go in it when you just got rid of the Sunfire to get a "faster car" shouldnt you have just went ahead and put a B series in it while there's no motor? It would make your life a lot easier and wouldn't have had to drop another motor in it later.

GermanMuscle
11-21-2007, 10:27 PM
^^^agreed

madking411
11-21-2007, 10:47 PM
So you bought the ef shell then you bought a d series to go in it when you just got rid of the Sunfire to get a "faster car" shouldnt you have just went ahead and put a B series in it while there's no motor? It would make your life a lot easier and wouldn't have had to drop another motor in it later.

Nah, i just need 1.) another DD. 2.) the sunfire isnt gone, im just gonna give it back to the parents. 3.) i want a car with a 5-speed that i can make as fast as i want later on....4.) i just wanna get it running. Dont care about speed yet. 5.) i want better fuel economy.....:goodjob:

AnTi-PooN
11-22-2007, 12:44 AM
^^good choice then ef FTW

post im the ef squad section if you need help with anything

cdhtang
11-22-2007, 12:51 AM
good luck on your build up.

bigdare23
11-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Sad, I can see your EF is already going in the wrong direction....

madking411
11-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Sad, I can see your EF is already going in the wrong direction....

What?

HOW???

Papa_Smurf
11-22-2007, 09:20 AM
What?

HOW???

bottom of the main page, then click on Local, and the EF Squad.

post up over there, meet the guys, and come to the meets :goodjob:

madking411
11-22-2007, 09:21 AM
bottom of the main page, then click on Local, and the EF Squad.

post up over there, meet the guys, and come to the meets :goodjob:

:ninja: You almost made me **** my pants for a second....:D

bigdare23
11-22-2007, 09:27 AM
What?

HOW???

You off to a bad start with all the "spray on tint"

Keep it simple homie!!! You dont need all of that to stand out. All you really need for a nice EF is clean paint, a nice suspension setup, and a set of wheels (and they dont even have to be after market). Seriously, goto the EF squad section and check out some of those guy's hatch. Most of them are really clean using all oem parts from other Hondas.

picture thread
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123467&page=1

Don't get me wrong homie, I am not "hate'n" I'm just trying to help guide you in the right direction.

Papa_Smurf
11-22-2007, 09:27 AM
EDIT: i'm stupid!

Papa_Smurf
11-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Keep it simple homie!!! You dont need all of that to stand out. All you really need for a nice EF is clean paint, a nice suspension setup, and a set of wheels (and they dont even have to be after market). Seriously, goto the EF squad section and check out some of those guy's hatch. Most of them are really clean using all oem parts from other Hondas.

word. i think the majority of my add ons come from different hondas. the only things that aren't honda is the steering wheel, fog's, and the lip

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/pizzaface01/Alan3.jpg

but this is just me being a whore...:lmfao:

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 09:35 AM
...my car's one of the fastest cars up in the mountains from the EF Squad of IA. Just about everything on my car is OEM.

To vouch for Dare...the way to make your EF stand out is to make it CLEAN. Good paint, lower it a little on 15's, and tint the WINDOWS. That's all you really need...

Papa_Smurf
11-22-2007, 09:40 AM
...my car's one of the fastest cars up in the mountains from the EF Squad of IA. Just about everything on my car is OEM.

To vouch for Dare...the way to make your EF stand out is to make it CLEAN. Good paint, lower it a little on 15's, and tint the WINDOWS. That's all you really need...

:rolleyes:

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 09:42 AM
:rolleyes:
Oops...wasn't paying attention to the boldness.

madking411
11-22-2007, 09:43 AM
oo okay....well, that sounds good....its a little strange to me too though-- im used to doin the huge ''aftermarket'' thing...idunno...

bigdare23
11-22-2007, 09:44 AM
oo okay....well, that sounds good....its a little strange to me too though-- im used to doin the huge ''aftermarket'' thing...idunno...

Aftermarket for performance=good
Aftermarket for appearance=bad

:goodjob:

madking411
11-22-2007, 09:45 AM

:D oh.

Papa_Smurf
11-22-2007, 09:47 AM
...somethin' to say, tail-gunner?

i'll be leader in a few more runs :ninja:

eh, body kits, neones, and wings are out, and clean OEMness is in. retro fit sum things from other cars to give your car sum style, like i did.

all you really need is to lower it, tint the windows, decent paint (which i dont even have) and then little things here and there to make your car stnad out, such as a lip kit, or a few jdm parts.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 09:49 AM
I PROMISE you...give it time, and your mind will change...

Check out passwordjdm.com and just look at what their JDM one looks like. Or...as stated before, check out some of the cars in the ef squad. bigdare and jfrolang have two of the nicest EF's. BTLFED has one hell of a nice one, but it's been in docile state for a long time (even though it's got some aftermarket stuff on it) and 90_ZC's is pretty nice, and whenever the dirty asian shows his face...holy ****.

There are ways to stand out and be noticed in these cars other than body kits and stuff. As stated...the above people stand out. Both in the squad, and out on the street...whether with or without the squad. But if you were at a show, you'd look right over them if you didn't know the cars and what's been done to them.

Function over fashion. Always.

And above all, build the car the way YOU want it. If bodykits are REALLY your gig, do it. But personally, I think your mind will change in a year or two. Not to mention, going with a clean look as opposed to stand-out look will REALLY do you some good when it comes to driving past cops and you happen to look down and see your speed, etc. Not to mention a clean look will help prevent the racers with ducktails on their cars from coming up and revving you and stuff... And the look on some people's faces when I'm cruising down the street and they pull up on me...and I give it a little bit...that look is PRICELESS.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 09:51 AM

Dare, you're gonna have to spread out your facts a little more. It's hard for me to keep up with repping you...

...only cuz I'll be retiring... And you've still got Bryan who likes to touch my ass (my car's ass, retards...my CAR'S ass...) up there.

eh, body kits, neones, and wings are out, and clean OEMness is in. retro fit sum things from other cars to give your car sum style, like i did.

all you really need is to lower it, tint the windows, decent paint (which i dont even have) and then little things here and there to make your car stnad out, such as a lip kit, or a few jdm parts.
Well said...

madking411
11-22-2007, 09:51 AM
NO NO NOOO, i HATE body kits, i was NEVER gonna put a body kit on it. Since the one im trying to get my hands on doesnt have good paint, i was just gonna primer the whole thing, (it already has nice wheels..and coilovers..), and just run full-body primer, stripped interior, tinted parkin lights and tinted turns. How does that sound??

And, i was probably gonna put a front lip on it too...

bigdare23
11-22-2007, 09:55 AM
NO NO NOOO, i HATE body kits, i was NEVER gonna put a body kit on it. Since the one im trying to get my hands on doesnt have good paint, i was just gonna primer the whole thing, (it already has nice wheels..and coilovers..), and just run full-body primer, stripped interior, tinted parkin lights and tinted turns. How does that sound??

primering your car is the worst mod you can do!!!!

I ****'n hate when people do that. Bad paint>>>>spray paint primer. I rode around with 5 different colors on my car before I got it painted and I was feeling that more than primer.

PRIMER FTL

madking411
11-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Well, as of NOW, that thing has 3 colors on it...black, primer, and red.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 09:57 AM

...do you wanna just buy my car? LoL

By all means...do NOT primer your car! Do not, do not, do NOT! I work at a collision center. It is HARD to deal with that primer. I primed my car, and it came time for paint for it. I have to strip ALL the primer off the car before I can even consider priming it (again) and then painting. And because I rattle-canned it the way I did...I can't just paint the outside. I have to do what's known as an "all-over" meaning the jambs and everything have to be done. Not to mention primer is high maintenance. Bug juices on the highway, tar from the road, construction zones...the whole point of primer is to literally soak up ANYTHING it can...whether it be the paint or dirt/grease and ****. If I were to keep up with my primer the way I should, I'd be sanding and re-priming about every 3-5 months.

Interior? All I can advise is save your panels. You'll possibly want to put them back in later. And by possibly, I mean more than likely.

Tinted signals...go for it if you think you'll like it. It's cheap and easy to replace those (ebay ftw) however...I don't think you're gonna like the way the side markers look against the clear/clean headlight. Too much contrast.

Not to tell you how to build your car...just telling you from my experiences in the past.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 09:58 AM
primering your car is the worst mod you can do!!!!

I ****'n hate when people do that. Bad paint>>>>spray paint primer. I rode around with 5 different colors on my car before I got it painted and I was feeling that more than primer.

PRIMER FTL
...thanks, dare...

LoL.

But...again. I completely agree. bad paint >>> primer. Maintenance, future plans, and looks...

madking411
11-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Ahh, okay....NO primer then.

Actually, SADLY...at this point in time, i think i'll have to let the car that i was lookin at go, cuz i dont have the right funds for it...

bigdare23
11-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Well, as of NOW, that thing has 3 colors on it...black, primer, and red.

cant be worst than this

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Front.jpg

madking411
11-22-2007, 10:02 AM
cant be worst than this

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Front.jpg

Hahha, actually it IS.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Ahh, okay....NO primer then.

Actually, SADLY...at this point in time, i think i'll have to let the car that i was lookin at go, cuz i dont have the right funds for it...
Check in with AgentEasy. He's got a CRx shell he's letting go for I think like 300? And keep an eye on the FS section. EF's go like candy in there most of the time. I guess buying mine is out, too. If you don't have cash for a shell, you can't afford mine, LoL.

Smart move on the no primer...

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:03 AM
cant be worst than this

Yeah, but that's JDM...

madking411
11-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Check in with AgentEasy. He's got a CRx shell he's letting go for I think like 300? And keep an eye on the FS section. EF's go like candy in there most of the time. I guess buying mine is out, too. If you don't have cash for a shell, you can't afford mine, LoL.

Smart move on the no primer...

Well, dude was gonna sell me his shell for 150, but then, he's talkin bout havin another 75 - 80 just to tow it to my house, and then i still gotta get the engine, and tires and 2 axles, and all that. And it all has to happen within the next couple of days. And my job isnt gonna pay me until 2 weeks from monday.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Well, dude was gonna sell me his shell for 150, but then, he's talkin bout havin another 75 - 80 just to tow it to my house, and then i still gotta get the engine, and tires and 2 axles, and tires, and all that. And it all has to happen within the next couple of days. And my job isnt gonna pay me until 2 weeks from monday.
Sounds kinda halfway sorta like my situation...

Why does it have to be in the next couple days? Don't rush. You'll only end up re-doing things in the end...

EF's are light enough. Push the ***** down the road! LoL.

Papa_Smurf
11-22-2007, 10:08 AM
...only cuz I'll be retiring... And you've still got Bryan who likes to touch my ass (my car's ass, retards...my CAR'S ass...) up there.

retiring? lol you're just going away ben, you'll be back. or are you not building the new hatch for mountains? i figured you'd do a good bit of suspension work to it. the fun is in the mountains, and you want to build a good looking fun car, right? so just build one that will be aiight in the mountains. your driving skill will take car of the rest :goodjob:

bryan :thinking: volvo? brad....?

madking411
11-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Sounds kinda halfway sorta like my situation...

Why does it have to be in the next couple days? Don't rush. You'll only end up re-doing things in the end...

EF's are light enough. Push the ***** down the road! LoL.

HE's gotta get it off his property in the next couple days.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:10 AM
retiring? lol you're just going away ben, you'll be back. or are you not building the new hatch for mountains? i figured you'd do a good bit of suspension work to it. the fun is in the mountains, and you want to build a good looking fun car, right? so just build one that will be aiight in the mountains. your driving skill will take car of the rest :goodjob:

bryan :thinking: volvo? brad....?
LoLoL....

Brad = Slow Hatch w/ EF
Brad = Hard w/ Volvo
Bryan = Gold hatch...SCCA runner. usually right behind me in the mountains. aka..."south carolina man" but we're trying to change what he's known as...

As for the new hatch... :ninja:

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:11 AM
HE's gotta get it off his property in the next couple days.
...who are you buying from?

I did business with JDMJoe and MikesEK to get my third EF (the one I'm currently building)

Offer to him what I offered to my sellers...
"I'll pay as much as I can up front, you deliver the car, you hold the title. When I have the rest to pay it off, I'll take the title from your hands"

Protects the seller. Unfortunately, doesn't protect you, much, but the offer helps both of ya'll out.

madking411
11-22-2007, 10:12 AM
...who are you buying from?

I dont know what his name is on HERE, but he's a mechanic for BYT. His name is Joel

He's got the red 93 turbo-ed EG.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Nope...can't say I know him...

madking411
11-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, ill send him what you just told me and seee what happens..Its worth a try.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Good luck on it. I gotta get back up and help with cooking and crap, now. Damn holidays...

Papa_Smurf
11-22-2007, 10:18 AM
LoLoL....

Brad = Slow Hatch w/ EF
Brad = Hard w/ Volvo
Bryan = Gold hatch...SCCA runner. usually right behind me in the mountains. aka..."south carolina man" but we're trying to change what he's known as...

As for the new hatch... :ninja:

lol there's too many B's.

but i never rode near brad(slow hatch) in the mountains, prolly cause his turbo was lovin it, and me and brad usually have a good little run up there cept last time we didn't get a chance cause of traffic and stupid **** :rolleyes:, and goldy.... errr Bryan, yea he's a driver for sure. 'll just leave it at that, since i've never been close to him up there :idb: lol.

just imagine what he;'d be like if he had an engine swap and didn't roll on stock suspension....

anyway, enough thread jacking, keep us posted on wuts going down w/ ur ride bro!

madking411
11-22-2007, 10:21 AM
DAY 2: NO progress made on the car, since its the Holiday, and I dont have any more parts to do work on at the moment.....
http://images1.comstock.com/Imagewarehouse/CR/SITECS/NLWMCompingVersions/15565/15565-40dg.jpg

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:29 AM
LoLoL

mushroom_toy
11-22-2007, 10:38 AM

Not if I keep running with yall. :goodjob: XD

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Not if I keep running with yall. :goodjob: XD
You mean if we let you?

You're in check.
http://samaseysan.com/images/checkmate.jpg

StraightSix
11-22-2007, 10:49 AM
lol there's too many B's.

goldy.... errr Bryan, yea he's a driver for sure. 'll just leave it at that, since i've never been close to him up there :idb: lol.

just imagine what he;'d be like if he had an engine swap and didn't roll on stock suspension....

I imagine it all the time...but then reality sets in, and I realize that I don't have nearly enough money to do even a quarter of the things I'd lke to.

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 10:53 AM
I imagine it all the time...but then reality sets in, and I realize that I don't have nearly enough money to do even a quarter of the things I'd lke to.
I hear ya...

On that note. Buy my hatch. LoLoL.

mushroom_toy
11-22-2007, 11:28 AM
You mean if we let you?

You're in check.
http://samaseysan.com/images/checkmate.jpg

No one lets me. I do what I want. :) The only thing you keep in check is yourself. Good for you. Look I dont drive an EF and im not in the "EfSquad" what do I care if "you" let me. I'm just in to have fun and meet up with nice people like you who only mean mug on the internet. :lmfao:

Anyway on another note iw as talking to Joe yesterday and he said you did take a long ass time to pay for his car. :lmfao: I didnt even know you had bought it until he told me yesterday. I hate it when moneys tight its gay as ****.

madking411
11-22-2007, 11:28 AM
WOOHOO!! Im gettin the car!!! EvasiveEF9, your suggestion worked!!

Wish i could send you reppzz mann:goodjob: :goodjob:

mushroom_toy
11-22-2007, 11:33 AM
WOOHOO!! Im gettin the car!!! EvasiveEF9, your suggestion worked!!

Wish i could send you reppzz mann:goodjob: :goodjob:

Just be careful if hes holding the title. Thats the only downside if you made that deal.

madking411
11-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Careful like how??

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 12:00 PM
No one lets me. I do what I want. :) The only thing you keep in check is yourself. Good for you. Look I dont drive an EF and im not in the "EfSquad" what do I care if "you" let me. I'm just in to have fun and meet up with nice people like you who only mean mug on the internet. :lmfao:

Anyway on another note iw as talking to Joe yesterday and he said you did take a long ass time to pay for his car. :lmfao: I didnt even know you had bought it until he told me yesterday. I hate it when moneys tight its gay as ****.
Yeah...I actually had the money like 2-3 weeks before I met up with him...our schedules just didn't match...

I mean mug on the net because it's the net. Most people that meet me will say I'm a pretty nice guy....LoL

mushroom_toy
11-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah...I actually had the money like 2-3 weeks before I met up with him...our schedules just didn't match...

I mean mug on the net because it's the net. Most people that meet me will say I'm a pretty nice guy....LoL

I will say it too, you are a nice guy lol.

EDIT; So are you using Joes shell for your project?

madking411
11-22-2007, 12:30 PM

Talkin to me??

If so, then YES. im usin it.:goodjob: :yes:

mushroom_toy
11-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Talkin to me??

If so, then YES. im usin it.:goodjob: :yes:

But Joe already sold his car to evasive lol. You must be tlaking about another Joe? i was talking to evasive. :lmfao:

madking411
11-22-2007, 01:30 PM
But Joe already sold his car to evasive lol. You must be tlaking about another Joe? i was talking to evasive. :lmfao:

....Im gettin from a dude named JoeL......

Nevermind it then...

Whiteboy™
11-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Just another EF Squad member coming in to whore your thread. WAZZUP!?

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I will say it too, you are a nice guy lol.

Yes.

Mad Mike
11-22-2007, 04:25 PM
good luck with you project.

Hektik
11-23-2007, 06:06 PM
make sure u get a bill of sale if your not getting the tittle.. stating how much you have paid and how much you owe. signed by both and even a witness.. just a way to cover your ass in case he decides to report it stolen. lol...

dickdragon
11-24-2007, 01:42 PM
^haha. that s h i t happened to me. got locked up for no reason.

madking411
11-25-2007, 12:02 AM
UPDATE.....the car should PROBABLY be gettin towed to my house TOMORROW afternoon because it doesnt have a wheel hub on it....the wheel hub is/was bein put on earlier today, and should be done tomorrow...After that, the car will be a rolling chassis, and I will PAY the dude on this coming Friday.

madking411
11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
ANOTHER UPDATE......laggin on the car tow some more...the wheel hub still isnt on there...it COULD have been towed yesterday, but i got the dude's voice message too late, and i missed the tow truck...So, i gotta wait til tomorrow. Tomorrow is the updated day it should all start happening.

jorge095
11-26-2007, 06:08 PM
enough parts and you end up with a car