PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Wanted.

DrivenMind
11-21-2007, 03:52 AM
I posted the video in the videos section, but I'd like to get some suggestions on how to improve it, and just some general opinions on it, so I figured I post whore it here too. It's the first video I've ever uploaded of myself playing guitar, and there are some pretty sloppy parts, but hey, asking for opinions never hurts.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=36274235#post36274235

Try to be constructive.

81911SC
11-21-2007, 04:24 AM
I love it dude, **** is sick.

DrivenMind
11-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Thank you sir, it's really really sloppy though, as I had just picked up the Strat from the shop, for wiring, about 2 days prior; so I really wasn't used to the feel of the neck. Next time I upload a video, I'm going to use my regular guitar, and the difference should be quite noticeable.

DrivenMind
11-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Bump better yet, go to the videos section and watch the Simple Man Improv video I just posted. I did it with my Godin, which I'm much more familiar with, so it's not nearly as sloppy.

Nemesis
11-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Damn Robbie. Will you teach me that ish? That was awesome.

Killer
11-21-2007, 10:17 AM
pretty good man... i'd love to play lead... but i'm stuck in rythm.. :(

i am in the process of building an electric guitar... wanna get a nice bluesy sound going like what you've got there (it's a strat styled guitar.. but i'm reshaping and gonna put all new electronics in... just need to find a nice neck)

hopefully one day i'll be able to play lead as well....

but good job..

what pickups are you using? any pedals to get that sound?

Kelly
11-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Cool... Except for the fact that you started that thread joking about praying for rain. :rolleyes:

DrivenMind
11-21-2007, 02:00 PM
what pickups are you using? any pedals to get that sound?

Fender Texas Shop Custom Specials. Aka, Stevie Ray Vaughn signature pick ups.

BKgen®
11-21-2007, 02:08 PM
comment left. :goodjob:

DrivenMind
11-21-2007, 02:17 PM
pretty good man... i'd love to play lead... but i'm stuck in rythm.. :(

i am in the process of building an electric guitar... wanna get a nice bluesy sound going like what you've got there (it's a strat styled guitar.. but i'm reshaping and gonna put all new electronics in... just need to find a nice neck)

hopefully one day i'll be able to play lead as well....

but good job..

Don't stress it man, I started out as a rhythm guitar player myself. It's a good way to establish your sense of timing, and overall feel for what your playing. I've only been playing lead for about 4 or 5 years.

As for necks, check out Warmouth. They make sweet aftermarket stuff for Fender. I've got two of their necks lying around, and an American Strat neck that I'm going to build a second Stratocaster with.

DrivenMind
11-21-2007, 02:39 PM
and George, I could give you some pointers if you'd like. But I'm not much of a teacher as I've never been taught music, or taken lessons; so nearly everything I do on guitar is based on ear alone.