PDA

View Full Version : bike wont start...plz help i love my suzuki

nipponLIFE
11-20-2007, 06:32 PM
hey guys i got a suzuki gsf600s 2001 and ive had it for a few months now...i havent been riding lately cuz ive been so busy honestly havent ridden it much since i bought it just too busy...but i went to ride it many tim es these past 2 weeks and it suddenly wont hit...it wont turn over like there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the ignition...but like it just wont crank it just whines...it just keeps goin over and over without hitting..everyonce in awhile itll sputter..

could it be do to old gas?

1 or both carbs fludded?

idk plese help i wanna ride?

does anyone else know of any good bike forums or maybe like a suzuki forum with a good following?

its hard for me to find parts and info on my lil bandit >:(

thanks so much !! :bannana:

THATdude
11-20-2007, 07:38 PM
if u dont have a battery tender then its probably your battery :goodjob:

nipponLIFE
11-20-2007, 07:52 PM
battery tender?

nipponLIFE
11-20-2007, 07:57 PM
like it sounds like it wants to crank like i can hear the starter goin but its like not poppin its not turnin over...like i cant explain it i dont know the term but like when i hit the ignition the starter starts goin but its like its not gettin the gas or somethin..somethins not turning over ....im very sad...

Smittie61984
11-20-2007, 08:38 PM
First step is make sure you have your clutch pulled in. All Suzukis have to have the clutch pulled in to start. Even in nutreul. A buddy of mine had a Suzuki for a month and forgot about it after not riding a week. He called me saying he was probably going to take it to the dealer. I then told him to pull the clutch in and it worked.

After that with it just "Whinning" i'd say it's something with the starter. Not sure what. Do you have an OHM meter? If so just start hitting some wires and make sure they are connecting.

GIXXERDK
11-21-2007, 01:51 AM
I remember last winter my bike did the same thing. I just jump started it. Have you tried that?

ueyedgr8tness
11-21-2007, 06:50 AM
All u got to do is spray started fluid on the starter and boom fire's up

nipponLIFE
11-21-2007, 09:16 AM
yea im gonna go try some starter fluid like you said today......i have tried jumping it...idk the starter just keeps goin and goin but it never like kicks over ...it might sputter like 2 times...but i dont wanna hold the starter on cuz i dont wanna burn the starter up.....an advice on any other possible way to start it....like idk it just seems like no combustion is taking place

gottraction?
11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
push start it. get a friend to push you and pop the clutch in 2cnd.

GIXXERDK
11-21-2007, 02:08 PM
push start it. get a friend to push you and pop the clutch in 2cnd.

Dude, where you been? You still riding?

ueyedgr8tness
11-21-2007, 06:16 PM
LOL i was hoping u would try it.

The_ CaneCorso
11-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I would put it in 2nd and ride down a hill and pop it. Also check ur plugs. Once I was going down the road and all 4 plugs wiggles themselves loose. Last but not least, you can take your tank off and the bottom part of the tank un hook it and there should be a filter there. See if it is clogged.

BORICUACIVICR
11-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Like it sounds as if it was the battery, but like it could be like something else, like the starter but like I am not sure. If the engine doesn't like turn over, then like it might be like the starter, like the brushes don't engage and like the engine doesn't turn over, thus giving you that winning noise. Like I think that is like the problem but like I am not 100% sure.

If you like push the bike like down the hill as some has suggested, make sure you like have friends with you so that they can like help you like push it back home in case it don't start, witch may very well like be the case.

jk.

Justin.
11-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Tried using your choke?

If it has bad gas it will still crank, just run like ass.

If it's been a while, It's gonna be hard to crank, just keep trying, It will fire up.

If not, you got carb problems, but usually carb problems will allow the bike to run, usually like crap, but still run, UNLESS there bad enough the jets are not allowing fuel in, then it wont crank at all.

try hooking your battery up to a charger, LOW volt charger, then keep trying to crank it, should work.

nipponLIFE
11-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey! thanks guys..i got it runnin today and had alot of fun ridin' it around today! cold as hell though!!! Anyone here a fellow suzuki rider?

Justin.
11-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Did you use the choke? ha

nipponLIFE
11-22-2007, 06:23 PM
i had been choking it....it was wierd...it would start to sputter but if u gave it gas it would cut off....i was scared of brning the start up so ....i tried poppin the clutch down a hill...it sputtered..then tried the start fluid ....didnt really notice a diff..... honestly i think wat did it was persistence...cuz i just kept at it...adjusted the idle....checked for spark and ignition system...just kept at it...then i went inside to get a drink and my bro got it fired up....then he popped on my helmet took it for a lap...then came back...i got on it did the same and just cruised around...

it needs a good tune up anyone know a good shop with good prices?

i need a good part site and maybe a suzuki forum..

thanks so much guys! Ya'll always help with these sort of things!

Smittie61984
11-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Might try this but make sure your fuel is turned on. The other day on my bike I had trouble with the bike starting and it wouldn't rev above 4k. Then I looked down and saw my fuel switch was in the off position from when I removed my tank before. I was getting pissed then realized I made some dumb mistake.