PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for convicted felons?

#1Beaver
11-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Jobs for convicted felons?

I'm looking for any job i can get!
janitorial cleaning up ****, thro-up any thing doesn't patter
I'm a fast learner
good at for lifts
little bit on cars
buffing waxing floors
dish washing
retail
its pretty hard to find a job so I thought id ask for help
like it says up top I'm a convicted felon.

Possession of a unregistered firearm and ammunition.
Never been in any real trouble except an over night in jail for driving with no license
But that's it, I did 2 years, just got out so i need some help!
Thank You

ksniperfox
11-20-2007, 05:55 PM
do mexican work.

#1Beaver
11-20-2007, 05:56 PM
do mexican work.
lol were at
if you no of some places i can go that help me out

PSINXS
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
your birthday is exactly one year after mine. so u were underage when you had the weapon.

MOst companies will look at your charge and determine from there. Look in the automotive field and be honest about it. You can start on any express lube team. Changing oil is easy. Just Right Auto Sales are all over and they are lenient with their background check. THe entire detail crew and the heavy mechanics i use to work with were all felons. The head of detail tat one location i worked at makes 60k, (high volume location) and he did 6 years.

#1Beaver
11-20-2007, 06:08 PM
your birthday is exactly one year after mine. so u were underage when you had the weapon.

MOst companies will look at your charge and determine from there. Look in the automotive field and be honest about it. You can start on any express lube team. Changing oil is easy. Just Right Auto Sales are all over and they are lenient with their background check. THe entire detail crew and the heavy mechanics i use to work with were all felons. The head of detail tat one location i worked at makes 60k, (high volume location) and he did 6 years.

ok thanks man
good info

AnTi-PooN
11-22-2007, 12:32 AM
go apply at a temp service then after a couple of weeks try to get picked up by the pople they put you with

Justin.
11-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Go be a painter, painting company's don't check records and will usually hire anyone.

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2007, 06:02 AM
go apply at a temp service then after a couple of weeks try to get picked up by the pople they put you with

That won't work. Most temp agencies won't hire felons. Later, QD.

The_ CaneCorso
11-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Jobs for convicted felons?

I'm looking for any job i can get!
janitorial cleaning up ****, thro-up any thing doesn't patter
I'm a fast learner
good at for lifts
little bit on cars
buffing waxing floors
dish washing
retail
its pretty hard to find a job so I thought id ask for help
like it says up top I'm a convicted felon.

Possession of a unregistered firearm and ammunition.
Never been in any real trouble except an over night in jail for driving with no license
But that's it, I did 2 years, just got out so i need some help!
Thank You

I worked at bill heard chevy once in buford. The top sales guy there was named Dana Gold. He did around 10 years for something and he still got hired.

#1Beaver
11-22-2007, 10:58 AM
this is good info but do u guys have a company in mind that i can start with painting ect
ive tried temp agencies but they woulnd hire me
like i said ill do anything as long as it isnt goin to put me bak in prison lol
so if u no of some places please let me no

The_ CaneCorso
11-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Have you looked in the paper? Gainesvilletimes,gwinnettdailypost, craigslist.org?

#1Beaver
11-22-2007, 11:21 AM
do u guys have any info on driving trucks or just local delivery

Justin.
11-22-2007, 11:24 AM
do u guys have any info on driving trucks or just local delivery

I have my CDLs and used to drive a truck, NO company will hire anyone with a felony record unless it is at least 5 years old.

as far as painting companys, just open the phone book start with the first one and ask if there hiring, then so on and so on.

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I have my CDLs

I didn't know you could hold 2 CDLs. Later, QD.

Justin.
11-22-2007, 05:42 PM
I didn't know you could hold 2 CDLs. Later, QD.

sure ya can, I got a cdl and cdl permit, later justin. ha

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2007, 05:50 PM
sure ya can, I got a cdl and cdl permit, later justin. ha

Hmmmm.

Well most of your bigger trucking companies probably will not hire folks with felony records. The company I work for won't. Later, QD.

Justin.
11-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Hmmmm.

Well most of your bigger trucking companies probably will not hire folks with felony records. The company I work for won't. Later, QD.

As posted above, I told him trucking companys will not even consider hiring anyone with a felony less then 5 years old....some wont hire at all.

Tech5
11-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Lawn care service, They dont check, from what I have heard, Also mom&pops shops dont check either,

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2007, 06:15 PM
As posted above, I told him trucking companys will not even consider hiring anyone with a felony less then 5 years old....some wont hire at all.

Yessir. Shame to. I love my job. And the money. Later, QD.

Justin.
11-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Yessir. Shame to. I love my job. And the money. Later, QD.

ditto.

aguynamedpat
11-22-2007, 09:50 PM
lol were at
if you no of some places i can go that help me out

Shell station on Tilly Mill. Or, if its closer, get off Roswell Rd and go inside the perimeter, either of those gas stations on the right. You will get temp work, and its not taxed! And each day holds a new surprise, just better be ready to fight to jump in those vans/trucks that pull up.....

$10 dolla!

#1Beaver
11-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Shell station on Tilly Mill. Or, if its closer, get off Roswell Rd and go inside the perimeter, either of those gas stations on the right. You will get temp work, and its not taxed! And each day holds a new surprise, just better be ready to fight to jump in those vans/trucks that pull up.....

$10 dolla!
so wat is that like a labor ready type thing

HalfBaked
11-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Wait tables.

I've never filled out an application at a restaurant that asked about me being arrested.

Brandon C
11-24-2007, 02:10 PM
AS I am have beeen in your citutaion in the past I understand. I am currently working on a system that can help guys like us. If you need a lead call me on monday the number in my sig, I might be able to help. QD is wright 99% of comanies will not hire you with a felony on your record. As far as waiting tables you have to get a permit to do that. Your charge does not sound like it will hinder all to much but it is for the rest of your life, i can attest to that. anyway call me if you need help on Monday

HalfBaked
11-24-2007, 02:12 PM
True, I forgot about not being able to get an alcohol permit.

You may be able to get a job cooking though.

#1Beaver
11-24-2007, 02:45 PM
thanx erybody and imma call u ( brandon c) monday

aguynamedpat
11-24-2007, 05:28 PM
so wat is that like a labor ready type thing

No its called sit there and wait for someone to show up in a truck or van and offer you $10 an hour to be their bi t c h . AKA being a mexican for the day.