PDA

View Full Version : Misc Lil Romeo officially a USC Trojan...

quickdodge®
11-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Actor/rapper Romeo officially announced Monday (November 19) that he is headed to USC to play basketball.

The teen rapper, son of hip-hop mogul Master P, is following in his father's footsteps, who also tried his hand at basketball when he tried out with two NBA teams in the 1990s.

Romeo (real name: Percy Romeo Miller) signed national letters of intent to attend USC on Monday, along with DeMar DeRoza, another local standout, at a news conference held at The Four Seasons hotel in Beverly Hills.

"This is the most important thing I've had to do and hopefully it sends a message to kids across the country that education is more important than money," Romeo said at the news conference. "Getting a college scholarship is more important than winning an American Music Award, and I plan to be the best student-athlete I can be at USC."

Romeo is currently a senior guard at Beverly Hills High who averaged 13.9 points and 5.6 assists last season.

One recruiting service ranks Miller, a 6-0, 170-pounder, among the top 15 prep point guards in the country, according to the AP.

The news of Romeo joining USC's Trojans came in April when the young rapper said he would put his music career on hold while he goes on to attend college and play basketball (see "Rapper Romeo To Join USC's Trojans Basketball Team").

"That's the type of stuff that I'm proud of and excite me rather than how many records he sells or how many TV shows he's on," Master P told BallerStatus.com in a recent interview about his son's decision to attend college.

Later, QD.

HalfBaked
11-20-2007, 02:05 PM
UHHHHHHHHHH

mocha latte cupcake
11-20-2007, 02:14 PM
yay a rapper who likes to read lol

matt you forgot the next line..... NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA make'm say UHHHHHH UHHHH na na na na, na na na na....

Whiteboy™
11-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Make em say UNGGGGGGH
Na-nah na-nah

bware113
11-21-2007, 10:30 AM
I personally think the kid is actually pretty good at basketball. Lord knows I would respect his game waaay before Lil' Bow Wows. Master P, Unnngggghhhh(na na-nana), was actually pretty good himself, then he decided to give up when A.I. tore his ankles apart. Holla if ya hear me...LOL

Magnus213
11-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Hey, if he goes to college, that's good for him. Whatever works.

GaGen2Teg
11-21-2007, 11:11 AM
That other dude is better but good for him for getting his education haha his music career isnt that great....

dartingd
11-21-2007, 01:27 PM
That other dude is better but good for him for getting his education haha his music career isnt that great....

Dude, he's made more money in his mediocre career than most of us will ever see. Then again, his dad did have the multi-million dollar bedroom, lol. If he took spending lessons from his dad, then he's probably broke.

bware113
11-21-2007, 04:29 PM
^LMAO...Goldplated ceiling WTF

dartingd
11-21-2007, 11:00 PM
i thought he had diamonds in the ceiling? maybe it was both...

bware113
11-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Maybe I know he def. had a gold plated ceiling and chandalier at one point