PDA

View Full Version : She's going up for sale...

EvasiveEF9
11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Alright, everyone...time has come. I'm hoping to finish the second project hatch up here in the next two weeks, and so I'm about to post up in the for sale section. Problem is I don't even know how much to list the damn thing for. Sentimental attachment is hard to put a price on, you know? And the problem is I don't even know what all's gonna be on her when she goes to sell...whether she'll go as just a naked shell or if she'll go as a full car as-is... I got one offer the other day for a pretty hefty amount, and I've received alot of inquiries lately...which is strange that they come around NOW... Anyways, bear with me...I'm gonna start listing mods on here just so I can try to remember it all when I go to post a FS ad...

1991 Civic Hatch STD.
Shell has Apprx. 285K

Drivetrain:
OBD1 swapped by boomslang
B18A1 OBD1 motor w/ apprx 100K miles
YS1 LS Cable Trans; 3rd gear synchros worn
Adj. fuel pressure regulator
New Axles
Clutch has maybe 3K miles? Alot of highway. Still much use to go.
Flywheel turned at last clutch swap.

Brakes:
Front Integra brakes
-Pads good
-Rotors recently turned
Rear Integra discs
-Pads ok
-Rotors recently turned (I think I recently turned them...)
-New cables
15/16" DA MC (new) and matching booster
4040 Prop

Suspension:
Urethane all around (energy suspension black)
Skunk2 Race Coils
KYB AGX adjustable struts

Interior:
Mostly gutted...
JDM CRx SiR front seats
Black CRx Dash
Black door panels
Still have blue vinyl back seats, but they're rarely in...
Tinted Windows
2003 Civic Si Antenna (I hate the coat hanger...)

Sticky:
15" Konig Heliums
Toyo Proxes 4 (about 50% tread left...maybe a little more)

Good: This car is pretty well known for the North Georgia mountains, and has been scene in the world of autocross a few times. The car was built to race in the twisties, not in the turns, as it only pulls low 15's to high 14's in the 1/4. I have built this car from the ground up, and have not cut corners, putting most of the money in the game of keeping the car stuck to the road. The car weighs in at roughly 1800-1900lbs...making it perfect for cutting back and forth in the hairpins.

Bad: Well...I didn't build the car to BE a daily driver, even though she is my daily. The AC system has been taken out, the heater has been taken out, the windshield wipers off, and the car likes to touch the tops of speed bumps (no...it has not been slammed into them). The car has Z3 fenders on it. The car is also missing quite a few trim pieces and has no paint on it, currently. Just different colors of primer.

All in all...the car isn't meant to be a females car (respectively) as the car does require maintenance from time to time. On the other hand, the car is great if you're into the older-honda cars, and don't mind getting your hands a little dirty from time to time for a fun car that's pretty well known for it's handling abilities.

Damn, I wish I could remember, I think I'm missing some ****...

Papa_Smurf
11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
waiting for the asking price...

personally, i say you keep her, you've dumped too much money into that pretty little lady, and you'll never get that much out of it...

whats the offer you received?

bigdare23
11-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Well don't put the car up for sell until you swap everything you need to the other car. Then paint it and bam, you will make a profit.

EvasiveEF9
11-20-2007, 05:45 PM
LoL. Asking price not being posted cuz...I don't even know, right now...

I got offered 3K... Which is a reasonable offer. But even then I had to think about it...

I've got everything I need to build this other car up. Hell, I can put a d-series in it if I have to...it'd be all around cheaper for me to do that than anything else. I'm only going to sell this thing because I can't store TWO cars. If I only had one...it wouldn't be a problem...

JDMJAYDC2
11-21-2007, 05:28 PM
i say drop your newly available d series motor in it and sell it as is or just one color primer replace the discs with drums and sell it as a running shell

EvasiveEF9
11-21-2007, 09:41 PM
We'll see what happens. I mean if someone offers enough, I'll sell as is.

If someone offers less...well, the less they offer, the more "stock" it's going to return to before I hand it over.

There's many options I have. I can put the old d-series back in it (which runs like a CHAMP...I had many people asking me what turbo I was running, LoL) and there's stock suspension, brakes, etc I could put back in...all depends what the offers are that I get...

However...this much I know. I need to get a fair amount for it. Why? Because the money that comes from this car is close to all that I have to spend on gas and plane tickets to go see friends and family before I leave for the military. So...I'm hoping to raise as much out of it as I can...and still have it sold fairly. This way, I can see more people before I go.

Scotsman
11-21-2007, 10:07 PM
joker , you sell this , i'll have to knock your teeth so far down your throat , you'll have to pull down your pants to chew your food , your hatch is an EF inspiration , never let your first love go

EvasiveEF9
11-21-2007, 10:14 PM
There's a good chance alot of parts will be converted over to the new hatch...it'll still be an inspiration...but a far better looking one...

Scotsman
11-21-2007, 10:21 PM
i'm still pissed you're even considerin it ben!

EvasiveEF9
11-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, here's the thing...I know I can build another one someday. Right now...I have two as it is, anyways. I can transfer some parts over, and make the new one just as much fun, and throw in some of the luxuries w/ paint. I love my car like crazy. I've had her 5years now...but I just checked my bank acount. It's -588$. My last paycheck bounced...so...because IT didn't go through, I'm officially 4paychecks behind. My two credit cards are damn near maxed out. Christmas is quickly approaching. And I leave in 3 months to go to boot. I've GOT to do something....

Z28&ACCORD
11-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Well, here's the thing...I know I can build another one someday. Right now...I have two as it is, anyways. I can transfer some parts over, and make the new one just as much fun, and throw in some of the luxuries w/ paint. I love my car like crazy. I've had her 5years now...but I just checked my bank acount. It's -588$. My last paycheck bounced...so...because IT didn't go through, I'm officially 4paychecks behind. My two credit cards are damn near maxed out. Christmas is quickly approaching. And I leave in 3 months to go to boot. I've GOT to do something....What the hell is Mark doing to yall.

Papa_Smurf
11-22-2007, 12:40 AM
sounds like things at the shop are rough Ben... and ik you need sum money, and ik i need sum paint.... lets make a deal :)

EvasiveEF9
11-22-2007, 07:24 AM
What the hell is Mark doing to yall.
He's over-stressing himself, and not even thinking straight, anymore. We'll talk more when it's not public. But I can't do it, anymore. Do me a favor, though...I'll be there monday. Help me push that car as much as you can (my car that's in the shop). I'm looking to finish up Jermaine's car and get the front end back on it. The day after that I'll be working with this new job and returning to the shop in the evenings to work my project. I'm going to be offering to mark to help me get my car done in respects of some of the money he owes me. I'm hoping this will help to even out some of the debts, and get my car out of there. I just wanna get the car out of there ASAP so that I can sell this one and pay off some of the debts. All in all (did the math) about about 11K in the hole including student loans, credit cards, and negative bank balances. Shop owes me roughly 1500 at this point.... The IMPORTANT "need-to-pay-now" stuff is about 1500 of it, now. Coincidence how the important bills add up to the same amount as the shop owes me, huh?

wbhard3029
11-23-2007, 04:43 PM
..ben i hope things will work out AND you Dont have to sell shadow..butif it doese go...it better go to someone thiat will baby her as much as you do...orrr i do believe the entire squad will be beating the **** out of somebody....the car is a legend in d-town...

EvasiveEF9
11-25-2007, 05:50 PM
LoL. Known all too well...