PDA

View Full Version : I need Transmission Shop for quote.

VegetaRules
11-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Okay, the synchros went bad/are broke. I don't know how many, but they're bad. I need a shop to quote me a price on rebuilding the tranny. I have a 2000 Celica GT-S, 6-speed.

I'd like to begin getting it done early next week if feasible. So if anyone knows a good reputable shop. I don't want no BS type places, where I'll be on here bitching about my shyt not working properly afterwards.

So I'll need quotes at best, so please PM me with any info/shop numbers. Thanks.....Dre'

iloveboost
11-20-2007, 10:06 AM
PM member "init2winit"

I believe he owns/runs/works at a transmission shop and has helped other forum members.

AnthonyF
11-21-2007, 07:33 AM
why not just replace it with a junk yard tranny? find a low mileage one where some kid hasnt torn the hell out of it. ...cough....

mr.koupe
11-21-2007, 08:08 AM
^^ good luck finding a junk yard tranny thats worth a crap. i manage an aamco in columbus and junk yard units usually are just that, junk. lol... its really impossible to give you an accurate quote because you don't know whats bad inside the transmission, if you find a shop that will give you a quote and it actually costs less to fix it do you think they will give you the lower price ? no. find a shop that uses high quality parts and has a great warranty. just my :2cents:

VegetaRules
11-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Well, even after deciphering that part of it is the clutch, I'm still going to just go buy a new rebuilt one. With the car at 94,000 miles, the cost to fix it, & then have something else go wrong in 2 months is unrealistic financially.

I have the $1300 for a new tranny, so I'll go that route. Now if anyone knows where I might can get one cheaper & good, I'm all ears. lol Thanks again to all people in this matter.:goodjob: ....Andre'

Init2winit
11-21-2007, 08:08 PM
^^ good luck finding a junk yard tranny thats worth a crap. i manage an aamco in columbus and junk yard units usually are just that, junk. lol... its really impossible to give you an accurate quote because you don't know whats bad inside the transmission, if you find a shop that will give you a quote and it actually costs less to fix it do you think they will give you the lower price ? no. find a shop that uses high quality parts and has a great warranty. just my :2cents:I hope you run your aamco better than the ones that are around here!

AnthonyF
11-21-2007, 08:31 PM
^^ good luck finding a junk yard tranny thats worth a crap. i manage an aamco in columbus and junk yard units usually are just that, junk. lol... its really impossible to give you an accurate quote because you don't know whats bad inside the transmission, if you find a shop that will give you a quote and it actually costs less to fix it do you think they will give you the lower price ? no. find a shop that uses high quality parts and has a great warranty. just my :2cents:

i work at a repair shop and we have put MANY junk yard trannys in. 1 of every 50 is no good. most, we never hear complaints from out LOYAL customers who keep coming back. :tongue1: