PDA

View Full Version : simple credit card apps

osiriskidd
11-20-2007, 12:44 AM
i need a place where i can grab a credit card and start building credit.

most of the places im at are asking for bills, but i pay rent through cash to my gf's mom, and i also just started living here.

my irl friends told me to go to places like bestbuy, walmart, sears, etc but i tried walmart/bestbuy and was declined by both.

pimpstaman90
11-20-2007, 01:50 AM
First you need a bank account to start any sort of credit... and hold it clean for a good bit of time and try again and also dont try the same apps. over and over... try different ones.... and if they still decline... get a Secured Credit Card from your bank... I would go with BankOfAmerica... and never ever miss a payment or go over your limit... Heres a link to some more info.... http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/index.cfm?context_id=marketing_detail&offer_id=ECOMM090XFEQ00400800121983EN001

osiriskidd
11-20-2007, 01:59 AM
i already have a credit account w/ wachovia. i app'd and they haven't given me any notice/letters or anything.

pimpstaman90
11-20-2007, 02:06 AM
This has a lot of good info...
helped my mom...
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/YourCreditRating/4stepsToBuildingGreatCredit.aspx

pimpstaman90
11-20-2007, 02:09 AM
It just takes some time... once its messed up... but when its fixed... its worth it...

xlilvi3tx
11-20-2007, 03:54 AM
^^ listen to the guy. master of credit cards hahaha

The_ CaneCorso
11-20-2007, 06:38 AM
http://www.mypremiercreditcard.com/

osiriskidd
11-20-2007, 10:01 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pimpstaman90 again.

get ya when i can. thanks guys. imma do some apps when im at bp and qt x]

Blitanicle99
11-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Whatever you do, stay the FAWK away from Capital One. They royally screwed me over into 2300 dollars in debt and refused to do a damn thing about it. I have one with Wachovia, I like it. I have heard good things about WaMu (sp?) credit cards.

Dietcoke
11-21-2007, 02:06 AM
My WaMu card is great, my AMEX Blue Cash is even better but if you dont have a 750 beacon forget about it... citibank gave me my first card.

slowinmidga
11-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Capone and HSBC will give anyone a card. Just be prepared to be royally screwed in every aspect though. But if you just looking to build credit its a decent place to start and move on from.

Julio
11-25-2007, 08:37 PM
First you need a bank account to start any sort of credit...

huh? BS. lol.. :thinking: The only time bank account make a report to your credit is when you overdraft or any other **** like that and dont pay..

Having a regular savings or checking acccount does not help your credit.

Most major banks do not report on regular accounts.

Only when you **** up, they do a bad report on your credit + they put you on chex systems.

brads94accord
11-25-2007, 09:15 PM
I love how all of these people say...oh so and so is going to screw you.

Banks do not screw people. PEOPLE SCREW THEMSELVES. Overdraft fees, overlimit fees, late fees, etc etc are no ones fault except your own. Your bank didn't make you go over your limit, your bank didn't cause you to overdraft, or your bank didn't make you late on your payment. Credit is a priviledge, not a right. Read your terms & agreements on your cards, they tell you everything you need to know about it.

start w/ a store credit card or something with high interest. You aren't going to get the best rates to start out. you have to work your way up. My first card had a $500 limit and now that credit line is up to 9,500 in a matter of 4 years. It just takes time and responsibility to build credit.

osiriskidd
11-25-2007, 10:58 PM
yea its not the high interest and what not, its the fact that i'm being declined left and right.

Blitanicle99
11-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Actually capital one did screw me over. I paid them with my online bill pay services. I had a confirmation of transfer. I find out a week later that I apparently have not paid. Capital one claims that I did not have the funds in my account. I call up my bank (Wachovia) and they inform me that Capital One never attempted to take the money from my account. They can check it in their records. Capital One would not talk to me, would not respond to claims via email or online customer support, nor get a manager on the phone when I called. I ended up paying 250 bucks more than I originally owed because of their computer error.
Thus Companies can screw you over.