PDA

View Full Version : Misc wth's with wrong with xbox 360??

an0therh22
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
i was playing call of duty 4 today and the thing keeps freezing on me. i know this has probly been posted before but searched and found that most of the sites say the same thing. ive tried it all and nothing worked. i just want to get back and actually finish missions without having to go over them 1000 times.

someone give me some good advice. reps to anyone that provides helpful information.

Grimm Reeper
11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Turn that POS back in and get a PS3 :lmfao:

Seriously I have a friend who sent his back to the manufacturer and got a refurbished one and that one is messed up to, he said that if they don't get it right this time to give him and full amount back and then he's gonna get a PS3

OneSlow5pt0
11-20-2007, 10:20 AM
is it freezing...then a bunch of pixalated squares pop up?

1000cckiller
11-20-2007, 10:26 AM
is it freezing...then a bunch of pixalated squares pop up?no it's just a piece of ****.

allmotoronly
11-20-2007, 10:28 AM
it may be the game. Mine has done that once, but only with COD4. oh and JDM EK4, I had a PS3, and it froze just as many times as my XBOX 360 elite...

an0therh22
11-20-2007, 11:02 AM
is it freezing...then a bunch of pixalated squares pop up?no no squares just completely freezes and stays on the same screen.

it may be the game. Mine has done that once, but only with COD4. oh and JDM EK4, I had a PS3, and it froze just as many times as my XBOX 360 elite...i dont whether its the game or not because COD4 is the only thats been through the xbox. ****s pissing me off!!!

Grimm Reeper
11-20-2007, 12:04 PM
it may be the game. Mine has done that once, but only with COD4. oh and JDM EK4, I had a PS3, and it froze just as many times as my XBOX 360 elite...
Ohhh maybe I just have good luck with systems, I still get questions about my PS2 and how I never had any problems with it.:thinking:

OneSlow5pt0
11-20-2007, 12:30 PM
i never had a promblem with my PS2,that i bout year after they came out...or any console iv owned before it for that class...just the damn 360

thecrazyone
11-20-2007, 01:21 PM
red ring of death!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh like zoinks scoob.

i got that sent ti back and got a brand new one.

i dont know if this is what u have, but it may turn into that.

Vteckidd
11-20-2007, 01:28 PM
take the disc out an look at it, it prob has a ring burned into it.

Your Xbox is overheating an burning the game disc up.

Report it to Microsoft and return it

an0therh22
11-21-2007, 05:19 PM
take the disc out an look at it, it prob has a ring burned into it.

Your Xbox is overheating an burning the game disc up.

Report it to Microsoft and return itnope no rings on the disk but i have gotten 3 rings on the circle thing.

{X}Echo419
11-21-2007, 05:55 PM
nope no rings on the disk but i have gotten 3 rings on the circle thing.
then your box is dead. if you can't return it pm me and I might buy it from you. G/L

an0therh22
11-22-2007, 05:16 AM
then your box is dead. if you can't return it pm me and I might buy it from you. G/Lit still works and everything. i just sold it to my brother for 100 bucks. ill be getting a new one soon.

AnthonyF
11-22-2007, 07:55 AM
send it back, 3 year warranty FTMFW!!!!!!!!!

mine used to freeze on early Gears of War games. With the intercooler, so far so good.

khailon
11-22-2007, 08:34 AM
that sucks

OneSlow5pt0
11-22-2007, 10:37 AM
yea...all 360s have a 3 year warranty...........so just send it back and get new one

Seun
11-22-2007, 07:58 PM
That happened to me on one of my 360 while playing COD. It would freeze up and when I turn it off and on I would sometime get the rings of red light. I called microsoft up and sent it for a free fix under warranty. Got it back a couple of weeks later and never had a problem since. You should of got it fixed under warranty instead of selling a messed up 360 to your bro.

MachNU
11-22-2007, 08:03 PM
a bit of advice for people on taking care of there systems.

1. Make sure your system is very well insulated. It sits in a place that stays colder than the system itself, even after long runs of playing.
2. This is a BIG ONE. NEVER EVER EVER EVER move your system with a disc still in the tray, it WILL **** your laser up.
3. If your one of those people that changes the harddriver out alot, make sure your very careful when putting it back on, because if you **** that thing up you are screwed.

Trust me, i have been through two systems and a hard drive. I had one of the first ones to come out that had the bugs in them, the second one lasted we about 4-5 months outside its warrenty, so i got revenge on gamestop/microsoft, and fixed it enough to get the harddrive and system work through one test at gamestop, when i traded it in for an elite. Since then my system never moves, and works fine all the time!

Schugg
11-22-2007, 08:54 PM
a bit of advice for people on taking care of there systems.

1. Make sure your system is very well insulated. It sits in a place that stays colder than the system itself, even after long runs of playing.
2. This is a BIG ONE. NEVER EVER EVER EVER move your system with a disc still in the tray, it WILL **** your laser up.
3. If your one of those people that changes the harddriver out alot, make sure your very careful when putting it back on, because if you **** that thing up you are screwed.

Trust me, i have been through two systems and a hard drive. I had one of the first ones to come out that had the bugs in them, the second one lasted we about 4-5 months outside its warrenty, so i got revenge on gamestop/microsoft, and fixed it enough to get the harddrive and system work through one test at gamestop, when i traded it in for an elite. Since then my system never moves, and works fine all the time!

understand # 2 and 3. but why would you want to insulate it, wouldnt that just cause overheating, and or do you mean ventilate?

an0therh22
11-23-2007, 11:42 PM
understand # 2 and 3. but why would you want to insulate it, wouldnt that just cause overheating, and or do you mean ventilate?he means dont have it next to any major systems that give off heat or even your xbox. they said to make sure and keep all six sides on the power well ventilated.

my brother called microsoft but they said you must have to have it registered.

k20siboii
11-24-2007, 12:56 AM
call of duty is Bad Azz

but is it just overheating?

Thighs
11-24-2007, 01:00 AM
its broken.

an0therh22
11-24-2007, 02:30 AM
but is it just overheating?no it doesnt overheat. i have an intercooler so i dont think it would.

its broken.wow smart comment. i asked for advise not some dumbass to point out the obvious. thank you very much

hondachik
11-24-2007, 02:35 AM
sounds like it may be overheating.

a friend of mine 360 freezes all the time, and he has it in a well ventilated spot.

but then again, he does sit there for hours and plays forza 2 and some other damn game *shrugs*

Thighs
11-25-2007, 11:16 AM
why dont you just call microsoft? they repaired my friends for free. sent him a box and everything.

i was kidding about the "its broken" thing. its just a f*ckin xbox dont take it seriously damn.

JITB
11-25-2007, 12:06 PM
its dead, might as well buy an elite... my friend went trhu 3 360's kept gettin bad ones, until he finnally settled on a elite.

{X}Echo419
11-25-2007, 11:07 PM
no it doesnt overheat. i have an intercooler so i dont think it would.

wow smart comment. i asked for advise not some dumbass to point out the obvious. thank you very much

the processor is probally lifting off of the board when it gets hot. mine was doing that b4 and so were a few friends. we saudered them down to the board so they couldn't lift off. the 2 of theirs still work and mine took a ****. sooo.... you could try it but if you fail you're fuct. G/L