PDA

View Full Version : This weekend was quite eventful [long read]....

iloveboost
11-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Hydroshutter and I went down to the MCE race and had some fun along the way. The videos are currently being editted and should be up soon.

First we met up at the downtown Varsity and met everyone. Modded 996, TT Corvette and a handful of other Corvettes. A few Cobras, Mach1 and an SRT8 wagon.

All of my races I had a passenger, full weight, sub, full tank of gas, *insert other heavy stuff here*, and such. The other cars did not unless noted.

I raced 03CobraAV8R and was able to pull ahead about 1 car or so. This was on motor. He makes 510rwhp/515ft lbs or so. We went from 45mph and shut down at somewhere around 130mph, I think.

The second race was against Marshall (LEAVINU). I pulled about half a car. Again, I had a passenger and he did not. We started from 55-60mph and I rolled out until about 140. This race I was on the bottle.

After the race with Marshall, I was at about 650psi bottle pressure. Retro had asked me to run and I knew he was going to walk away given I had fumes in the bottle and I had a passenger. He had a steady pull of 2 cars until about 140. He was spraying a 125 shot.

We get to Silver Dollar and see a lot of fast cars. It was a fun day of racing. The Porsches were sick.

On the way home as we're leaving, I see a red Cobra with a Kenne Bell, carbon fiber hood and polished CCW Classics. This thing was HOT! He was in the car with some girl/girlfriend/wife/sister, whatever. Well, I'm sitting in 3rd gear around 65mph waiting for him to gun it because he pulled up right beside me and slowed down. We didn't have the camera at this time unfortunately. We both hit it and we're neck and neck and then he shifts while I'm still pulling away. I shift to 4th and I'm about a car or so ahead and he lets off. He didn't want to run again, though. Did I mention his car was hot? This run was on motor as my bottle empty.

As we continue driving, I spot some HIDs in the rear view mirror and hear a loud whining. Here comes a Supercharged SRT-8 300, Bently-looking car. I know the car makes around 520-550rwhp (he was tuned at the same shop that built my car) and he had a girl with him. We line up and I let him hit it first to give him a chance because I know those cars are pretty heavy. We stay dead even through a third gear pull. We line up two more times from 45mph (2nd gear) and I pull pretty hard at the top of 3rd. 2-3 cars or so, so I let off.

All in all it was a fun weekend and had some good runs. Rick (03CobraAV8R) is working on editting the video and getting it posted up.

onebadgt
11-19-2007, 01:21 PM
i tried racin that red cobra with the black carbon fiber hood right after you did i guess because i left about 2 min behind you. he would not race me though. i guess he was worried he may lose 2 races in one day since you already outran him lol

collins
11-19-2007, 01:32 PM
fun day! good to meet some new people... oh and rick, as much as i like being in vids, please edit out my misshift on the hwy! :lmfao: @ me

Member31410
11-19-2007, 02:13 PM
:goodjob:

ekim81
11-19-2007, 02:47 PM
first time at SDR... i was having some real troubles down that track, especially the right lane... it was UGLY to say the least...
i didn't even end up matching my best time at commerce...
ugh... it was so disappointing... since everyone else tells me that they run ~0.5 seconds better at SDR than commerce......
best run was my very first run there... 12.9xx.... followed by a couple of 13.0s and 13.1s.... one 13.4 (i spun all through 1st and 2nd, partially through 3rd in the right lane)......... and an 18.xxx (in the right lane..... it was embarrassing as hell... i just let off in the middle of the run.... 2.8 60' as my rear end was wheel hopping sideways)

i had massive wheel hop during every run.... think i screwed up my traction control... it won't turn on now.. better be covered under warranty.

ekim81
11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
will replacing my stock runflat tires alleviate some of the wheel hop? or does it have to do with suspension....

iloveboost
11-19-2007, 05:34 PM
will replacing my stock runflat tires alleviate some of the wheel hop? or does it have to do with suspension....
How much pressure did you have in the tires?

The warranty should cover the traction control system. Is your car modded?

MIKE.P
11-19-2007, 06:21 PM
VIDEOES PLEASE!!! lol

iloveboost
11-19-2007, 06:43 PM
I got off the phone with Rick about 30 minutes ago. He said they should be up within the next hour and a half.

I wish I had video of that red Cobra. =|

koffebean00
11-19-2007, 06:47 PM
I had fun too. It was nice kickin it with everyone.

koffebean00
11-19-2007, 06:48 PM
That red Cobra was hot as hell!!!

iloveboost
11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Extremely. Rick's Cobra and that red one are by far my favorites I've ever seen. Definitely the cleanest.

ekim81
11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
How much pressure did you have in the tires?

The warranty should cover the traction control system. Is your car modded?
vararam and corsa sport

left tire pressure at 35.... i've heard that there's no point in letting air out of runflats... since they are designed to be fully inflated even with 0 psi.... sidewalls are so stiff...

TS240
11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Its threads like this that make me say "Dam* my car is slow." :cry:

Very nice, can't wait to see the vids!!! :goodjob:

03CobraAV8R
11-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Good write up Daniel!
Man all these modded Vette's make me feel like weaksauce, :lmfao:

Vid is posted btw.

NevrNufTorq
11-19-2007, 11:49 PM
first time at SDR... i was having some real troubles down that track, especially the right lane... it was UGLY to say the least...
i didn't even end up matching my best time at commerce...
ugh... it was so disappointing... since everyone else tells me that they run ~0.5 seconds better at SDR than commerce......
best run was my very first run there... 12.9xx.... followed by a couple of 13.0s and 13.1s.... one 13.4 (i spun all through 1st and 2nd, partially through 3rd in the right lane)......... and an 18.xxx (in the right lane..... it was embarrassing as hell... i just let off in the middle of the run.... 2.8 60' as my rear end was wheel hopping sideways)

i had massive wheel hop during every run.... think i screwed up my traction control... it won't turn on now.. better be covered under warranty.

sucks you had an issue with your traction. :no: i ran all 4 of mine in the right lane with the z and ran a 12 flat 1st run like always. tires would be a huge plus imho. :D

NevrNufTorq
11-19-2007, 11:50 PM
good seeing everyone like always!!! danny man, where's the vid? :thinking: my old butt cant find it :screwy:

NevrNufTorq
11-19-2007, 11:57 PM
me found it now!!!! :crazy:

iloveboost
11-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Good write up Daniel!
Man all these modded Vette's make me feel like weaksauce, :lmfao:

Vid is posted btw.
Time for a Kenne Bell. :D

good seeing everyone like always!!! danny man, where's the vid? :thinking: my old butt cant find it :screwy:
Yeah man! Was good seeing you and Dave out there.

Bballjamal
11-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Nice vid, nice cars, have a nice day!

Bballjamal
11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
and lol @ Collins I believe in the GTO. All in good fun

collins
11-20-2007, 07:39 PM
heh, it happens. g0dd@mn long ass aussie shifter!

hydroshutter
11-21-2007, 01:05 AM
I had lots of fun. I was glad to see everyone in person and get a chance to chat instead of typing to them.

SMOKENU
11-21-2007, 05:56 AM
i tried racin that red cobra with the black carbon fiber hood right after you did i guess because i left about 2 min behind you. he would not race me though. i guess he was worried he may lose 2 races in one day since you already outran him lol

No he just knew you would be a waist of time :lmfao: J/K Brian :crazy:

onebadgt
11-21-2007, 06:44 AM
prob but he didnt kow that , i look fast lol

99SVT
11-25-2007, 05:25 PM
you are fast lol

TS240
11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
prob but he didnt kow that , i look fast lol

If that was you I saw at Gwinnett last night, you do look very fast!:goodjob:

b0ki
11-26-2007, 02:32 AM
Damm i didn't know anything was going on this weekend... u ****ers how comes u didnt call me.... :)

b0ki
11-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Hydroshutter and I went down to the MCE race and had some fun along the way. The videos are currently being editted and should be up soon.

First we met up at the downtown Varsity and met everyone. Modded 996, TT Corvette and a handful of other Corvettes. A few Cobras, Mach1 and an SRT8 wagon.

All of my races I had a passenger, full weight, sub, full tank of gas, *insert other heavy stuff here*, and such. The other cars did not unless noted.

I raced 03CobraAV8R and was able to pull ahead about 1 car or so. This was on motor. He makes 510rwhp/515ft lbs or so. We went from 45mph and shut down at somewhere around 130mph, I think.

The second race was against Marshall (LEAVINU). I pulled about half a car. Again, I had a passenger and he did not. We started from 55-60mph and I rolled out until about 140. This race I was on the bottle.

After the race with Marshall, I was at about 650psi bottle pressure. Retro had asked me to run and I knew he was going to walk away given I had fumes in the bottle and I had a passenger. He had a steady pull of 2 cars until about 140. He was spraying a 125 shot.

We get to Silver Dollar and see a lot of fast cars. It was a fun day of racing. The Porsches were sick.

On the way home as we're leaving, I see a red Cobra with a Kenne Bell, carbon fiber hood and polished CCW Classics. This thing was HOT! He was in the car with some girl/girlfriend/wife/sister, whatever. Well, I'm sitting in 3rd gear around 65mph waiting for him to gun it because he pulled up right beside me and slowed down. We didn't have the camera at this time unfortunately. We both hit it and we're neck and neck and then he shifts while I'm still pulling away. I shift to 4th and I'm about a car or so ahead and he lets off. He didn't want to run again, though. Did I mention his car was hot? This run was on motor as my bottle empty.

As we continue driving, I spot some HIDs in the rear view mirror and hear a loud whining. Here comes a Supercharged SRT-8 300, Bently-looking car. I know the car makes around 520-550rwhp (he was tuned at the same shop that built my car) and he had a girl with him. We line up and I let him hit it first to give him a chance because I know those cars are pretty heavy. We stay dead even through a third gear pull. We line up two more times from 45mph (2nd gear) and I pull pretty hard at the top of 3rd. 2-3 cars or so, so I let off.

All in all it was a fun weekend and had some good runs. Rick (03CobraAV8R) is working on editting the video and getting it posted up.

Dammm Marshall (LEAVINU) car runing strong ...u only pull him half a car i will assume his on nitrous too... damm danial ur like me now WELCOME TO the nitrous world PRESSURE always low... HAHAHHAHAA

onebadgt
11-26-2007, 08:10 AM
If that was you I saw at Gwinnett last night, you do look very fast!:goodjob:

thanks, ya that was me.

GGPIS3
11-26-2007, 11:55 AM
sounds like yall had some fun... so **** everyone who didn't call me that could have.... ****ers!