PDA

View Full Version : No power to the inside of the car... >_<

iam99x
11-19-2007, 06:47 AM
I've checked all fuses, none are blown. I have no power to anything. I know it sounds rediculus, but it's true. The only alteration I have to my electronics other than sound equiptment is a battery relocation to the hatch which I know is done correctly. I'm positive it's not the battery, I tried another one that I know is good .

I had to jump off a friend yesterday, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't of caused any problems, but other than that, everything has been ran normally.

I swear, there is always something ****ing up.

xlilvi3tx
11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
hrmmm...... i kinda had the same problems when i mess with the wires to the head unit. its weird, i touch one wire to another and all the light in the car turned on for some weird reason.... but yeh you're right man theres always something fu*kin up with a car. wish i coulda been some help but gluck yo

blaknoize
11-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Yea xlilvi3tx (hard name to just spell by the way) generally speaking, if u alter ur wiring that runs into the original stereo, it can mess things up. Check THOSE wires first, since its ur only alteration to the car other than the battery relocation.

xlilvi3tx
11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Yea xlilvi3tx (hard name to just spell by the way) generally speaking, if u alter ur wiring that runs into the original stereo, it can mess things up. Check THOSE wires first, since its ur only alteration to the car other than the battery relocation.

yeh i found that out the hard way because my dumbass self had to cut the stock harness while i could have went to walmart and bought a adapter harness for 5 bucks

iam99x
11-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Well, the factory harness wasn't cut while installing the stereo, the adapter was installed instead. I didn't swap the head unit over, it was done before I bought the car. I'm pretty knowlegeable about electronics and as far as I can see, everything is wired up properly.

iam99x
01-17-2008, 12:52 PM
For the record, problem was solved. Bad connection where the power wire from the battery (located in hatch) was connected to the relay/fuse box under the hood. Props to xthaonex for helping me fix it.

mikesEK
01-17-2008, 03:59 PM
i had to do it

iam99x
01-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Once again, that is some funny **** dude. Rep's for the Iam99x card!