PDA

View Full Version : UTI - universal technical institute.

LS2ner
07-27-2005, 05:06 PM
So i was wondering if anyone has heard of UTI? Im thinking very hard about attending in the beginning of the year. The courses they provide that im planning on taking are "Automotive Technology"

AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM (51 WEEKS)
You'll gain a solid understanding of automotive mechanics and technology. Our program covers everything from foreign and domestic vehicle technology to power and performance, with Hot Rod U and Super Street sport compact vehicles. Plus, you can choose to add Ford Accelerated Credential Training (FACT) or Toyota Professional Automotive Training (TPAT) to make you even more sought after in the workforce.

UTI instructors are industry pros averaging more than 10 years of practical experience. They're continually updated by the manufacturers to provide you with the very latest in rapidly changing technology.

This is the Power and Performance part

With high performance automotive technician training from UTI, you’ll get the supercharged career you’ve always wanted, and have fun getting there! Both hot rods and sport compacts are part of your core training, which delivers all the know-how and excitement of real-world applications.

HOT ROD U
UTI has teamed up with the legendary Hot Rod Magazine to bring you the hottest training on the street. You’ll learn how rodders get the “biggest bang for the buck” from camshafts to, nitrous and turbochargers.

Created to meet the needs of the true performance enthusiast, Hot Rod U covers everything from Cats to Camshafts, from nitrous to turbochargers. And we’ll supercharge your training to put maximum horsepower into your career.

SUPER STREET
UTI and Super Street Magazine together give you all the “tuning” skills you’ll need to perform vehicle modifications while keeping your specs and emissions strictly street legal. We cover it all; alloy wheels, custom suspension systems, after-market engine blocks, cylinder heads and intake manifolds. You’ll even gain an introductory knowledge of engine computer (PCM) programming.
Let UTI supercharge your training to put maximum horsepower into your career.

I just got off the phone with one of their representitives and she told me that they are considered the #1 automotive school in the country. Just wondering what anyone has heard about them.

eViLMunkey
07-27-2005, 05:09 PM
They've sent me a ton of shtuff about their school....

LS2ner
07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Yea i really want to go. Seems like it would give me alot of good training.

eViLMunkey
07-27-2005, 05:19 PM
yeah... just getting the funding for it is the problem I've been having along w/ getting up the tools...

mocha latte cupcake
07-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Its a good school, i had a full ride there but didn't get to take it because of family issues.
Wyotech is a good school too. The Basics can be taught in alot of schools but otheres just like to be or say they are better than others.

kilpatty43
07-27-2005, 08:26 PM
one of my ex's went there...he loved it...

ahmonrah
07-27-2005, 08:35 PM
yeah, i was scheduled to go to UTI in august. but unfortunately i wont be able to attend just yet. i've been on the walk through, talked with a couple of guys that went there, looked through the hotrod uni (which by the way that i had the pleasure of watching my first dyno.... with 450 hp cars that the students built and did all the work themselves. in essence, before i go anywhere eelse that's where i'm going. well either there ot wyotech.

LS2ner
07-28-2005, 08:17 AM
yea, seems pretty sweet. If im not mistaken they supply you with tools, and upon graduation they give them to u. 1000 buck set of snap ons

Kristi
07-28-2005, 08:45 AM
one of my ex's went there...he loved it...
hey hefy - nice sig - where'd you get it, lol

kilpatty43
07-28-2005, 09:03 AM
yea, seems pretty sweet. If im not mistaken they supply you with tools, and upon graduation they give them to u. 1000 buck set of snap ons
yeha he got to keep all his tools

kilpatty43
07-28-2005, 09:04 AM
hey hefy - nice sig - where'd you get it, lol
tank ya!

mocha latte cupcake
07-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Yeah but with the price of snap on thats like 2 rachets 10 sockets for each 2 screwdrivers a few wrenchs and a box wrench that only has SNAP O b/c it would have been 100 more dollars for the N.

Kristi
07-28-2005, 09:30 AM
lol - sure thing hefy

Bishop
07-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah, UTI is really expensive. I was going to go there but no way was i going to pay that much. Looked like a good school though.

LS2ner
07-29-2005, 11:28 AM
compared to the atlanta art institute , the 22 thousand a year cost at UTI is very affordable to me lol... AI was going to be around 30k a year. and u go for 3 years

james
07-29-2005, 11:38 AM
im going to wyotech in january...its 29,400 for the 12 month program. i was just out htere two weeks ago checkin it all out. its a really sweet campus. allthough, theres a few rundown buildings. im taking collision/ refinishing, applied service management (associates degree), and street rod and custom fabrication. the collision/refinishing and street rod is a 9 month deal, and then the service management is 3 months. now if you decide to do just the collision and the applied service management, its like 8k dollars less. but i just decided to go for it and do as much and take as many classes as i can. its expensive, but i know it will pay for itself. ive looked into UTI in the past, but i just dont think that its up to par with wyotech .

If your interseted, here is the lady that enrolled me out in laramie wyoming: Sharon Henley: 1800-521-7158 ext 524

YokotaS13
07-29-2005, 11:41 AM
anyone know if UTI takes gi bill?

ahmonrah
07-29-2005, 07:51 PM
im going to wyotech in january...its 29,400 for the 12 month program. i was just out htere two weeks ago checkin it all out. its a really sweet campus. allthough, theres a few rundown buildings. im taking collision/ refinishing.... that's what i'm taking once i get to UTI. HOTROD U i'll decide on before i graduate.

ahmonrah
07-29-2005, 07:51 PM
anyone know if UTI takes gi bill?
THEY DO!!!!

ironchef
07-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Wow thats almost as much as like emory per year. Howcome theyre so expensive?

dwnsthGABOY
07-29-2005, 07:58 PM
yeah I received a infomation packet about their institution not to long ago. Seems like it would be a good place to get a foundation for automotive tech.

SLOWR/T
07-30-2005, 12:30 AM
im enrolled there but looks like i cant afford it. besides the keep giving me the run around and bullshit and im really burned out on it. i may look into wyotech or NADC.