PDA

View Full Version : Misc Tim Tebow= Heisman

BB6dohcvtec
11-17-2007, 10:44 PM
"Tim Tebow became the first player in major college history with at least 20 touchdowns passing and rushing in the same season"

courtesy espn

I smell a heisman coming back to florida. :goodjob:

Big Baller
11-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I hate Tebow but he is a hell of a QB

HyPer50
11-18-2007, 08:22 AM
He'll win one eventually, but not this year. When your the leader (QB) of a team and your team who won the BCS championship last year, and this year you lose that many games.... Noway, he shouldn't win. He's a good QB, but nah, I dont think it would be right to give it to him this year. Go Darren McFadden! lol

Reaper
11-18-2007, 09:13 AM
I hate Florida w/a passion(Ga. fan) but tebow is a great ball player, just like leak. But in the future I believe Stafford will win it(his senior year)...kids simply amazing... he's being compared to John Elway...lol

LQQKITZME
11-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I hate Florida w/a passion(Ga. fan) but tebow is a great ball player, just like leak. But in the future I believe Stafford will win it(his senior year)...kids simply amazing... he's being compared to John Elway...lol

I am a big Georgia Fan but not a staffod fan against s.c. he threw 43 passes abd completed 19.. that don't say alot for him.. and could we go one game without an interception??

Reaper
11-18-2007, 09:50 AM
I am a big Georgia Fan but not a staffod fan against s.c. he threw 43 passes abd completed 19.. that don't say alot for him.. and could we go one game without an interception??

I agree, but the kid is YOUNG..he's got 2 more years...alot of growing up to do...I think he'll be a definite candidate. if not him Knowshon will get it his senior year. Im not saying this just because im a dawg fan, im saying it because I truely believe they have the potential to do it. Tebow is amazing as well, it wouldn't suprise me if he did.

allmotoronly
11-18-2007, 11:16 AM
tim teebow wears knowshon moreno pajamas.

OneSlow5pt0
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
moreno will win a heisman............tebow is a great player,with dixon out for the rest of the season that really helps tebow

hXc007
11-18-2007, 04:07 PM
i hope tebow wins it

that would be awesome

BB6dohcvtec
11-18-2007, 06:30 PM
He'll win one eventually, but not this year. When your the leader (QB) of a team and your team who won the BCS championship last year, and this year you lose that many games.... Noway, he shouldn't win. He's a good QB, but nah, I dont think it would be right to give it to him this year. Go Darren McFadden! lol

hmm they only lost three games in what urban called a "rebuilding year" before the season even started. so they are doing good in my eyes. the georgia lost did hurt a bit, not even going to lie about that one. But it was only the third time in my lifetime so far its happened lol.

BB6dohcvtec
11-18-2007, 06:36 PM
tim teebow wears knowshon moreno pajamas.

i think you have it backwards see tim teeebow already has that NC ring now when knowshon gets one it might be the other way around. But all-around as a competitor and a college football player as of right now based on stats alone tebow>moreno its going to be a great match-up for years to come. :)

oh yea and stafford will never i repeat never will be up for the heisman. moreno will tho .

LQQKITZME
11-18-2007, 07:39 PM
I agree, but the kid is YOUNG..he's got 2 more years...alot of growing up to do...I think he'll be a definite candidate. if not him Knowshon will get it his senior year. Im not saying this just because im a dawg fan, im saying it because I truely believe they have the potential to do it. Tebow is amazing as well, it wouldn't suprise me if he did.

Yeah Tebow is a good player if he can stay healthy.. And Stafford I think can get better he just don't do well under pressure, as long as our running game is good Stafford seems to shine.

allmotoronly
11-19-2007, 07:13 AM
i think you have it backwards see tim teeebow already has that NC ring now when knowshon gets one it might be the other way around. But all-around as a competitor and a college football player as of right now based on stats alone tebow>moreno its going to be a great match-up for years to come. :)

oh yea and stafford will never i repeat never will be up for the heisman. moreno will tho .

who cares what teeblow aleady has, he's not nearly as good this year as he was last year.

HalfBaked
11-19-2007, 07:33 AM
McFadden will win it this year.
Tebow next year.
Moreno in 2 years.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
who cares what teeblow aleady has, he's not nearly as good this year as he was last year.

its easy to be good when the spotlight is not on you.. defensives werent planning everythingn around him because of the two qb threat. this year he is the only qb so defensives are forced to think more about him. he improvises in situations which makes him a big threat. mcfadden is the same way he is such a big threat. i dont think any qb should win it besides tebow because of the threat he brings to the table and the fact that he is the most efficient passer in the nation helps too. the kid can play ball he is in a super hard conference compared to some of the scrub teams out there. hawaii etc... he has a legit shot regardless if he lost more game. it is not all his fault for the loses 2 game were by a field goal and a late td. i dont know who will win it this year but i think he has a great shot

BB6dohcvtec
11-19-2007, 07:03 PM

wtf are you talking about he barely played last year, he was a specialty player last year used to pound the ball up the gut and to the left of the defense. please go back to post #1 and read it because he is the only player in college football history to do it.

allmotoronly
11-20-2007, 10:40 AM
wtf are you talking about he barely played last year, he was a specialty player last year used to pound the ball up the gut and to the left of the defense. please go back to post #1 and read it because he is the only player in college football history to do it.

yea, and now that he plays all the time, he's good, but not great. I'm not sure if you watch the games or not, but I do, and the only reason that tebow has 20 rushing and 20 passing TD's is because they always give him the ball to run in at the goal line. Thats why nobody else on the team has that many td's. Look at other teams, where 5 or 6 players have 10 td's each, not one player always getting it at the goal line to put it in.

LQQKITZME
11-20-2007, 11:00 AM
yea, and now that he plays all the time, he's good, but not great. I'm not sure if you watch the games or not, but I do, and the only reason that tebow has 20 rushing and 20 passing TD's is because they always give him the ball to run in at the goal line. Thats why nobody else on the team has that many td's. Look at other teams, where 5 or 6 players have 10 td's each, not one player always getting it at the goal line to put it in.

Very True Flordia Has ****ty running backs you seen that when they played Georgia.. They have to lean on tebow he is just a white Michael Vick If they had any players worth a **** to run then he wouldn't have been hurt.

BB6dohcvtec
11-20-2007, 11:33 AM

well I'm not sure if you watch college football and actually know how hard it is to get the ball in the end zone from the goal line when you have the Defense putting 9 or 10 guys in the box just to stop the run and tebow still drives it in. I'm sorry but you are just a florida hater, i mean yes i hate georgia with a passion but if they got a player putting up big numbers like they do now with moreno he will get my respect the first freshman running back since walker to have 4 straight 100 yd rushing games. maybe if moreno started the whole season we can talk about him in the heisman running as well. oh yea and give 5 or 6 players on the same SEC team that each have 10 td's each good luck finding that one because you won't.

BB6dohcvtec
11-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Very True Flordia Has ****ty running backs you seen that when they played Georgia.. They have to lean on tebow he is just a white Michael Vick If they had any players worth a **** to run then he wouldn't have been hurt.

Very true right now we don't have a real running back. we have moore pretending to be a running and is actually suppose to be playing fullback. James is not a every down back. but next year we have emmanuel moody a transfer from USC trojans, who led usc in rushing last year than transferred to UF this year because USC has 10 scholarship running backs on the team and he didn't want to split time, but had to sit out this yr due to the transfer rules, but next year hopefully he will stay healthy and we will finally have a real running back for the first time since emmitt smith lol.

LQQKITZME
11-20-2007, 11:40 AM
well I'm not sure if you watch college football and actually know how hard it is to get the ball in the end zone from the goal line when you have the Defense putting 9 or 10 guys in the box just to stop the run and tebow still drives it in. I'm sorry but you are just a florida hater, i mean yes i hate georgia with a passion but if they got a player putting up big numbers like they do now with moreno he will get my respect the first freshman running back since walker to have 4 straight 100 yd rushing games. maybe if moreno started the whole season we can talk about him in the heisman running as well. oh yea and give 5 or 6 players on the same SEC team that each have 10 td's each good luck finding that one because you won't.

its 5 games with over 100 years and 12 td's and we still have another game + bowl game maybe a sec championship game too

OneSlow5pt0
11-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Very true right now we don't have a real running back. we have moore pretending to be a running and is actually suppose to be playing fullback. James is not a every down back. but next year we have emmanuel moody a transfer from USC trojans, who led usc in rushing last year than transferred to UF this year because USC has 10 scholarship running backs on the team and he didn't want to split time, but had to sit out this yr due to the transfer rules, but next year hopefully he will stay healthy and we will finally have a real running back for the first time since emmitt smith lol.

what bout fred taylor?

BB6dohcvtec
11-20-2007, 12:41 PM
its 5 games with over 100 years and 12 td's and we still have another game + bowl game maybe a sec championship game too

yea i know that but its 4 in a row over 100 yds. 5 all together

BB6dohcvtec
11-20-2007, 12:43 PM
what bout fred taylor?

+1 for you totally forgot about fred

BB6dohcvtec
11-20-2007, 12:49 PM

oh yea its a tad bit too late because the people who have heisman votes have to put the finalists ballot in, in the next week or so and the finalist are all but spoken for.

Tim Tebow
Darren Mcfadden
Dennis Dixon(even tho he out for the rest of the season, he did enough to get on the finalist ballot, which i remind will be turned in at the end of the week)
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Pat White

but on a side note Moreno is not even on the watch list to begin with. He will be next year tho.

BB6dohcvtec
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
1. Tim Tebow, Florida
I had Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon at No. 1, but I think his injury -- a torn ACL -- will make it too hard for him to win the Heisman. In all my time in the SEC, I have never seen a player have as dominating a year as Tebow is having. On Saturday, he became the first person in NCAA history to throw and pass for 20+ touchdowns in a season  and he's only a sophomore. People may knock him because Florida has three losses, but he put up big numbers in every game. (His numbers were a bit lower in the loss to Georgia, when he was battling a shoulder injury.) He stands out above everybody.

By Jim Donnan, ESPN.com

spoken by georgia legend Jim Donnan :goodjob:

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
11-20-2007, 02:04 PM

you cant say he is not great because he is breaking records since when can a record breaker not be great. you have to get to the goal line in order to pound it in and not all of his rushing td are on the goal line. obviously people have td's on the team if he has thrown for 20 tds think about it. what other teams have 5 or 6 players with 10 td's? not that many. tebow plays a different style of football than other teams. its just like vick at atlanta its not all about throwing but utilizing your qb's talents. the offense is formed around him. he is good and his passing efficiency is great. the way they play is smart you have to worry about him running thats what makes him great he is such a big threat

OneSlow5pt0
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
dixon would have won...........but hes done for the year,

BB6dohcvtec
12-07-2007, 10:46 AM
welp tebow got the o'brien and the maxwell awards last night....next the heisman????

Mike Lowrey
12-07-2007, 11:31 AM

LOL @ you.

Florida lost almost their entire defense, I think they have a little bit of a reason for losing more that one game. :goodjob:

Tebow should win the Heisman, but I do not think he will. I believe the voters still have this stupid problem with the fact that a player is not a Junior or Senior.

XLR8NMR2
12-07-2007, 11:40 AM
F.uck tebow
F.uck UF

and mcfadden should win it this year, that man is a beast and i can't wait to see what he does in the NFL

Clegger
12-07-2007, 11:44 AM
A SOPHMORE WILL NEVER WIN A HEISMAN.... EVER! Unless he like takes the worst rated team in college to the orange bowl or rose bowl

BB6dohcvtec
12-07-2007, 12:39 PM
traditions are made to be broken, to start new ones ;)

Deke
12-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Dixon should have had it.

I think just through sheer politics, Tebow isn't going to get it this year. He's a great player, but I think the fact that he's a sophomore is going to deter voters. Plus, he does have ridiculous numbers, but like someone else said, he is pretty much Florida's only running game. If they had a notable running back, the rushing TDs would be a lot more spread out.

Hulud
12-07-2007, 04:54 PM
cool, but he wont be starting on sundays for more that 1 season if at all

unless he changes his play style, like ive been saying since last fall

BB6dohcvtec
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
what r u talking about?

bigdare23
12-07-2007, 07:23 PM
McFadden will win it this year.

quoted for truth!!!

I felt he got cheated last year, so they are going to make up for their mistakes.

Deke
12-07-2007, 07:28 PM
cool, but he wont be starting on sundays for more that 1 season if at all

unless he changes his play style, like ive been saying since last fall

Are you refering to the fact that he is more than likely going to injure himself eventually? If so, I totally agree. I hate to say it, but I don't see him having a very long career the way he plays now.

If this was not what you were referring to, oops :) I still think it's the case.

BB6dohcvtec
12-08-2007, 01:47 AM
it will change he won't be running the ball as much next year since we are finally going to have a real running back in emmanuel moody the transfer from USC.

Deke
12-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Well damn...I stand corrected. He won it. First sophomore ever. Rock on.

BB6dohcvtec
12-08-2007, 08:24 PM
thats right son. go gators. go tebow

Infamous_1
12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
you all know DMC shouldve won. hes way more athletic than tebow but gotta give tebow props for having 20/20.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
12-08-2007, 09:24 PM
told you tebow would win. a man that accounts for 51 tds and changes football like that should win

Hulud
12-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Are you refering to the fact that he is more than likely going to injure himself eventually? If so, I totally agree. I hate to say it, but I don't see him having a very long career the way he plays now.

If this was not what you were referring to, oops :) I still think it's the case.
thats kinda what i was referring to

its more the fact that he wont be able to run the ball in the pros because a team is not gonna risk all that revenue on a QB who plows people. cause in teh NFL he will be hurt. so they wont run him and in turn he wont be anywhere near as good and he will not be in the league long

BB6dohcvtec
12-09-2007, 01:51 AM
what are talking about still? he has the ability to throw the ball whenever he pleases. he ran a primarily throwing offense all thru out high school. he just has the ability to plow people as well in college. he can adapt to anything including the nfl.

"B"
12-09-2007, 09:35 AM

Dumbest post ever.

"B"
12-09-2007, 09:41 AM
A SOPHMORE WILL NEVER WIN A HEISMAN.... EVER! Unless he like takes the worst rated team in college to the orange bowl or rose bowl

Quoted for stupidity.

blackDAHLIA
12-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Congrats to Teebow. Well deserved.