PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Obd2a car, Obd1 swap + Ecu. Multiple codes

ghb2oo1
11-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Ok, I just traded my beloved h22 eg for a ek hatch with a obd1 jdm D15b. The car is throwing multiple codes, most of them, I don't even know what they are or where to start. This is the 1st OBD2 car i have owned and I don't recognize the codes.

*I did not do this swap and just got this car*
The swap was obviously done very poorly and the extent of the conversions are unclear to me at this point.

From what i was told, the obd1 d15b has the usual obd2 dizzy and alternator conversion from the stock motor. From what i have seen, i believe obd1 injector clips have been wired into the obd2 harness. I was told its running on the stock obd1 ecu from the d15b swap, with a obd2a to obd1 conversion harness under dash.

vtec is not wired in and needs to be pinned into the wiring harness since its the stock obd2a Dx harness.

The car drives somewhat fine. The only noticeable problem is when the car is in nuetral, if you revv it to around 1800 rpms it sounds like a 2 step is engaging where it very quickly revvs from 1800 to 2000 rpms and repeats quickly. Also under like 1-10% throttle while launching softly it sometimes does this causing the car to jerk back and forth until out of the rpm range where this happens. And there is no vtec, which i can wire in myself after getting the pinout locations for vtec selonoid and vtec pressure switch. And the Ecu is obviously in limp mode from the Cel's.

Thats as much as i know so far, so with that being said, my questions are the following....

Question 1:
What would cause these codes to be thrown and how do i correct them?

P1382
Manufacturer Control
Ignition System or Misfire

P0113
IAT Sensor 1
Circuit High Input

P1509
Manf. Cntrl Vehicle Speed
Idle Speed Control
Auxilary Inputs

P0135
o2 Sensor Heater
Circuit Malfunction
(Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1337
Manf. Cntrl
Ignition System or Misfire

Question 2:
Does anyone have a link to a graph showing pin out locations for OBD2 vtec wiring? Or will it wire up like OBD1, since the computer is OBD1 using a Obd2a to Obd1 conversion harness?

Question 3:
Does anything other than Vtec selonoid and vtec pressure switch need to be pinned to get vtec working on this obd2 car?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any answers or links.

And if anyone wants to lend a hand to help correct these issues it would be appreciated.

-Donnie

RBS
11-17-2007, 09:40 PM
well from what i read, you need a major engine/ignition tune up and check that o2 wiring, or change it out with a new one

gtikid
11-18-2007, 06:53 PM
:goodjob:

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.96-98.jpg

scttydb411
11-18-2007, 10:05 PM
how are you getting your codes? are you pulling them via the svc connector? most people don't mention p-codes unless they are using an obd scanner. you can't get p-codes if you have a conversion from obd2 to obd1.

get the codes from jumping the svc connector and count the cel blinks.