PDA

View Full Version : CD Player help anyone?

IOnlyLookStock
11-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Heres the problem...

I have an Alpine CD player in my Integra, and every once in a while it will be playing just fine and then turn off... Two seconds later it comes right back on and plays just fine. Last night it started turning off, and when it turned on again it would cut right off.

I checked the wiring, its all good, no exposed wires, ground is good, and I measures the constant power with a volt meter and it is good.

Any other suggestions?

Reps gladly given to anyone that has an idea. Thanks in advance.

SE-Rious1
11-17-2007, 05:10 PM
If it does it when only after playing till it gets hot then the eternal amp is no more good.

Id say take it out and hook it to a good 12volt source to see how it works then if it stays on a while with no problems then maybe look into a bad wire or fuse somewhere.

also if you have a amp or system hooked up if there is a problem there it can cause it to turn off/on at times

Dracc
11-17-2007, 05:35 PM
internal amp may be gone or a short in the radio itself

jcamb
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I had the same problem with my alpine deck for a while. the problem started when i curbed my car and it had jolted the deck a little out of place so it wasnt sitting just right in the dash anymore. the problem went away after i pulled the deck out and re adjusted how it sits in my dash. ...so i dunno...make sure its sitting in the dash like its supposed to?

SOHC MONSTER
11-18-2007, 06:10 PM
It sounds like the power supply has gone bad. That or look at the molex plug to see if the pins may have shifted out. In all retrospect, it sounds like you need to look into getting another deck.

internal amp may be gone or a short in the radio itself

Grnblur
11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
probably a loose connector in the back, see it all the time at work.

khailon
11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
one of the wires are probably loose
does the back of the cd player get really hot

secondgencamaro
11-20-2007, 10:24 PM
i've been riding around with him and it's happened. I'm thinking loose wire as well. Haven't gotten a chance to get in behind it tho. A couple other things to add in are: there is a CB radio installed. The power is run from the Remote wire so when the radio is on the CB can be on as well. I'm thinking that could be pulling too much power from the remote lines since it's there to basically turn on and off the amplifier. Little bit more info about the system. speaker and HU only. no external amps or anything.

-v3rd1d0 from joey's comp

killerdx
11-20-2007, 10:56 PM
yea just sounds like its not gettin enough power to it,via it cuts on for a lil while then will shut right back off, maybe try unhookin the cb

madwick
11-21-2007, 07:48 AM
its not gunna be caused by the cb. my alpine cda-9856 does the same thing and i have nothing extra hooked up to it.

i used to work at best buy where they sell alpine. we would get this type of problem in on some cd players.

in trying to fix the prob, either try calling alpine or buy another unit. mine does it in my del sol but if you push the wire in or out it should turn back on. i can feel my cables from under the dash so if it happens i just tap the wire and it turns back on.

the problem is the connection on the inside of the unit is loose.