PDA

View Full Version : Self car washes in the Emory/Decatur/Midtown area?

sogood
11-17-2007, 02:17 PM
My car is absolutely filthy and I'm actually embarassed at how awful it looks.

I refuse to pay $10-20+ for some guys to wash my car and eat my clutch up in the process (the few times I've taken my car to somewhere to get it washed, someone ALWAYS drops my clutch when pulling it around). Does anyone know of a self wash car wash in the Emory/Decatur/Midtown area? Pleaaaase :(

IndianStig
11-17-2007, 09:34 PM
check out cactus car wash on ponce de leon. never been there but for $10 you get a wash with hand dry and tire shine.

Revmaynard
11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Swifty on Lville Highway right there near North Dekalb mall. It's next to a Bruster's Ice Cream.

They have a $4 wash and more options but it's newer so it's pretty good. Free vaccum too LOL.

coolcat
11-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Buy some damn carwash soap and some rags you bleeding vagina.

wantboost
11-17-2007, 11:53 PM
there is a self wash on north druid hills infront of the target. i assume you want the one where you actually wash it (not just run it through) if not there is one at the bp off of clairmont and n druid hills (close to emory)

wantboost
11-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Buy some damn carwash soap and some rags you bleeding vagina.
ummm.... there is a water ban you know......

Julio
11-18-2007, 01:39 AM

Do it in your garage.. bring in the hose, close the garage door and walllaaaaaa... :lmfao:
Atleast the neighbors wont ***** about it.. even though the water department folks are now keeping tabs on the gallons your house is going through.. so watch it.

Nope I havent done it :ninja:

sogood
11-18-2007, 11:39 AM
there is a self wash on north druid hills infront of the target. i assume you want the one where you actually wash it (not just run it through) if not there is one at the bp off of clairmont and n druid hills (close to emory)

Yeah, I was looking for one that I actually wash it myself, not run it through a machine or take it somewhere that someone else washes it. Thanks for the info, + reps.

And yes, I'd prefer to wash my car at home, like I used to, but water ban FTL in that sense.

wantboost
11-18-2007, 11:50 AM
np, are you the guy with the white e36?

coolcat
11-18-2007, 12:22 PM

Haha, oh yeah.

Well drive your ass up to Michigan and wash your damn car!! Or just do what Julio said, it will be like hotboxing, only with water. Kickass!

LeX
11-18-2007, 01:32 PM
yeah i go to the one on North Druid by Target

AnthonyF
11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Cactus Car Wash is the BOMB!!! they even have free internet why you wait. :)

sogood
11-18-2007, 03:15 PM
np, are you the guy with the white e36?

Yeah, white E36 M3 on black wheels :)

You had the blue s13, right?

Cactus Car Wash is the BOMB!!! they even have free internet why you wait. :)

No clutch burning/dropping there?

AnthonyF
11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
^^ no sir. they deal with very expnsive cars daily. its located right in Buckhead. Next to a Classic Collsion.

I brought my dads truck there back in the day, and it started snowing while it was being dried, so they brought it inside to finish the job instead of just saying "o'well".

Self carwashes...they take kinda a lot of money and u dont get every nook and cranny.

sogood
11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
^^ no sir. they deal with very expnsive cars daily. its located right in Buckhead. Next to a Classic Collsion.

I brought my dads truck there back in the day, and it started snowing while it was being dried, so they brought it inside to finish the job instead of just saying "o'well".

Self carwashes...they take kinda a lot of money and u dont get every nook and cranny.

Oh, that's the one on Peidmont, right? Right at Pharr Rd, I think.

I might swing by there this week, my car looks awful right now :no:

AnthonyF
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
^^ haha. I have NO idea. I work right down the street on buford hwy....umm make a right on Sydney Marcus, right at the Chik fil a, like .5mi on the left.

sogood
11-18-2007, 07:55 PM
^^ haha. I have NO idea. I work right down the street on buford hwy....umm make a right on Sydney Marcus, right at the Chik fil a, like .5mi on the left.

lol Yeah, that's Peidmont and Pharr, I believe.

There's also the one (Cactus Car Wash) off Ponce right near the old City Hall East, I pass it going to work depending which way I go.

mad3nch1na
11-19-2007, 09:30 AM
In Soviet Russia car wash you!

Frög
11-19-2007, 09:41 AM
ö FTW!!! was it you with the bad ass e30 i met at the shell gas station off of winterchapel? i had the prelude at the time.. i remeber the paint was amazing..

sogood
11-19-2007, 09:22 PM
ö FTW!!! was it you with the bad ass e30 i met at the shell gas station off of winterchapel? i had the prelude at the time.. i remeber the paint was amazing..

haha

But nah, that wasn't me. The silver E30 M3 in my sig is my dad's garage queen.

Like I said before, I have a white E36 M3 on black BBS'.

sogood
11-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Went to the Cactus Car Wash on Peidmont today and I would not recommend going there at all.

Without getting into too much detail, when they said my car was ready, I walk outside to see my pass. side mirror dangling by the wires... I went back and forth with them about it and they eventually just "pushed" it back into the base in a half ass manor. So now my pass. door has some scratches in it from where they let the mirror dangle and slide around on the door and they said it's a common thing and that for all they know they (the scratches) were already on my car... Yeah, ok. Not to mention the dude who drove my car once I got my ticket couldn't drive it for ****.

Talk about some ****ing bull**** :mad:

Atleast my wheels are clean :rolleyes:

wantboost
11-20-2007, 11:13 PM
so they took your mirror off?

AnthonyF
11-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Went to the Cactus Car Wash on Peidmont today and I would not recommend going there at all.

Without getting into too much detail, when they said my car was ready, I walk outside to see my pass. side mirror dangling by the wires... I went back and forth with them about it and they eventually just "pushed" it back into the base in a half ass manor. So now my pass. door has some scratches in it from where they let the mirror dangle and slide around on the door and they said it's a common thing and that for all they know they (the scratches) were already on my car... Yeah, ok. Not to mention the dude who drove my car once I got my ticket couldn't drive it for ****.

Talk about some ****ing bull**** :mad:

Atleast my wheels are clean :rolleyes:

OMG!!!!!!! im soooooooooo sorry man. :( I have never had a problem with them. Everytime i drive by there are Range Rovers, Jags, Benz, 750i's. :cry: i feel as if it is partially my fault.

Im sure u know how but if ya get a new mirror i'll put it on for you.

sogood
11-21-2007, 10:07 AM
OMG!!!!!!! im soooooooooo sorry man. :( I have never had a problem with them. Everytime i drive by there are Range Rovers, Jags, Benz, 750i's. :cry: i feel as if it is partially my fault.

Im sure u know how but if ya get a new mirror i'll put it on for you.

It's no problem, man. Not your fault at all.

I know what you mean though, everytime I've been by there's always nice cars. Hell, there was a C6 Corvette, a few Benz's, and some Range Rovers there while I was.

The scratches on the door aren't really that bad and the mirror's ok now after I took it back off and repositioned it. No big deal, really.

Kevykev
11-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Do it in your garage.. bring in the hose, close the garage door and walllaaaaaa... :lmfao:
Atleast the neighbors wont ***** about it.. even though the water department folks are now keeping tabs on the gallons your house is going through.. so watch it.

Nope I havent done it :ninja:

ban