PDA

View Full Version : 85 in a 55

MC Hammer
11-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I got my first ticket last night. I was heading south on 85. Goin 85 in a 55. he wrote me a ticket. :( This sucks. I've been pulled over about 5 times and had the chance to get 8 tickets but they never actually gave me a ticket. I'm gonna try everything to keep my license. If, this has happend to you please post what you got?? I wanna know my potential punishments. Lol.

edit: ok, I didn't know it was a construction zone. chill

edit2: so i went to court y-day and i didnt lose my license :D

1000cckiller
11-17-2007, 01:34 PM
should have showed him them boobies. g/l I hope you get off.

MC Hammer
11-17-2007, 01:37 PM
:boobies: riiiiight lmao

The Ninja
11-17-2007, 01:38 PM
First ticket....but you got out of 8 tickets before. So this is your 9th ticket.

MC Hammer
11-17-2007, 01:39 PM
No I've never had a ticket. Let me go rephrase that lol

JohnnyC.
11-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I got my first ticket last night. I was heading south on 85. Goin 85 in a 55. And, it was a construction zone...I was following traffic but since I'm in a lowered Integra, I get pulled over. And he wrote me a ticket. :( This sucks. I've gotten out of 8 tickets so far. I'm gonna try everything to keep my license. If, this has happend to you please post what you got?? I wanna know my potential punishments. Lol.

I got busted 65 in a 35 about 3 years ago by the GSP on some random backroad. I did have to go to court for it, but they dropped it a few MPH, I plead guilty of speeding to the judge, and I just paid my fine and went home. I dont know if I just got lucky or what. But, I honestly think they just want to make you go thru the b/s of showing up in court.

1000cckiller
11-17-2007, 01:41 PM
I got busted 65 in a 35 about 3 years ago by the GSP on some random backroad. I did have to go to court for it, but they dropped it a few MPH, I plead guilty of speeding to the judge, and I just paid my fine and went home. I dont know if I just got lucky or what. But, I honestly think they just want to make you go thru the b/s of showing up in court.thats how they make money, court cost.

MC Hammer
11-17-2007, 01:41 PM
how old were you ?

Bballjamal
11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
You have the right to first offender so you can get it deferred no problem! Don't even sweat the ticket anymore, trust me.

Only stipulations to the first offenders thing is that you can't use it anymore for 5yrs I believe and some other things.....

Seriously, don't sweat that ticket. Reps plzzzzzz :D

AnthonyF
11-17-2007, 01:50 PM
with this being ur first ticket you shouldnt lose your license

Frög
11-17-2007, 01:52 PM
gwinnett your fine, Lawrence ville, get a lawyer.. i got a 19mph over in l-ville and they wouldn't lower it 5 mph.. this is my 1st speeding ticket.. they will not budge, they are a little city trying to make money..

MC Hammer
11-17-2007, 02:00 PM
yea well i was 30 over. Lol I wish it was only 19 over.

Frög
11-17-2007, 02:05 PM
so was it in L-ville or gwinnett?

MC Hammer
11-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Swanee to be specific. But yes, it is Gwinnett

Bballjamal
11-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Also, you have first offenders right in any county in GA! It's just up to the judge to tell you. They can't be accountable to the fact if you know the law or not. That's why most get an attorney to blab out all their knowledge and help the case out some. You can even give the judge a suggestion before he gives out the sentence (if you know the minimum and maximum of whatever law you broke)

JohnnyC.
11-17-2007, 02:08 PM
how old were you ?

I was 21 at the time, so, you should be in the same situation. Under 18, you would be in trouble, but your all set at 20, I agree w/ everyone else, dont sweat the ticket. It will be fine...although, a little expensive.

thats how they make money, court cost.

I didnt have any court fees, so they didnt make any more $$ off of me than the tickets would have cost w/ out court. But, thats not always the case.

Mayniac
11-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I've had this happen to me before, I was caught by a GA state though. Its funny how something can happen so quickly, if it weren't for my pretty nice 4 piston calibers he would have caught me doing 120. So I was only given a speeding ticket and had to pay the fine. Pretty cool lady, didn't scream or anything. After that, I rushed to work as fast as possible. Being late sucks.

Oh, good luck. Guess my story didn't help much, lolol.

JohnnyC.
11-17-2007, 02:25 PM
I've had this happen to me before, I was caught by a GA state though. Its funny how something can happen so quickly, if it weren't for my pretty nice 4 piston calibers he would have caught me doing 120. So I was only given a speeding ticket and had to pay the fine. Pretty cool lady, didn't scream or anything. After that, I rushed to work as fast as possible. Being late sucks.

Oh, good luck. Guess my story didn't help much, lolol.

GSP has the cheapest tickets in the state! My 30 over was only $150.00...and the GSP that caught me, was the coolest guy about everything.

I had a 17 over in Gwinnett, and it was around $170 or so...that cop acted like I had a dead body in my car.

Mayniac
11-17-2007, 02:27 PM
GSP has the cheapest tickets in the state! My 30 over was only $150.00...
I had a 17 over in Gwinnett, and it was around $170 or so.Yeah they are, I think mine was about that price(for an 85 in a 55)... Gwinnett just sucks balls.

JohnnyC.
11-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah they are, I think mine was about that price(for an 85 in a 55)... Gwinnett just sucks balls.

GSP = "You were goin' a little fast there son"

GPD = "Do you know what the speed limit is on 316...Do you have anything in the car I should know about" :rolleyes:

I will also add, if I had been going 31 over, the ticket would have jumped to $250 and a reckless driving charge:D

Thighs
11-17-2007, 02:34 PM
im goin to court on mine to plead guilty of speed but try to keep it off my record. im going for probation instead of fines too... lol

WickedIXMR
11-17-2007, 02:50 PM
I got an awesome lawyer for gwinnett county. Hes been a lawyer for about 30 years. Send me a pm if you want his info.

babygurl
11-17-2007, 03:45 PM
1. you shouldnt have been stupid enough to be going 85 in a 55 in a construction zone...cause you could have been taken to jail for reckless driving. I think they consider reckless driving at 20 mph over?

But here is my suggestion, take the defensive driving course. It will reduce the points on your lic. Once you go to court or pay the ticket, whichever it maybe. Take the course, and then send the certificate into the DMV, and it should take up to 6 points off of your lic.

and plead nolo, and maybe even try asking him to lower the ticket.

Also First Offenders is more for felony charges you dont want on your record, not for speeding tickets...

good luck

babygurl
11-17-2007, 03:47 PM
im goin to court on mine to plead guilty of speed but try to keep it off my record. im going for probation instead of fines too... lol

hun they put you on probation until you pay off your fines :)

and some might even give community service...

babygurl
11-17-2007, 03:49 PM
GSP has the cheapest tickets in the state! My 30 over was only $150.00...and the GSP that caught me, was the coolest guy about everything.

I had a 17 over in Gwinnett, and it was around $170 or so...that cop acted like I had a dead body in my car.

haha that is really cheap...I once got a ticket for speeding and the fine was 800 including court costs...and I was only going 21 over...

although it was like my 3rd ticket in 4 yrs, or some bull****...

JohnnyC.
11-17-2007, 03:51 PM
haha that is really cheap...I once got a ticket for speeding and the fine was 800 including court costs...and I was only going 21 over...

Holy hell thats expensive!!! Did you get a lawyer or something?

oh, and those two tickes (+17 & +30) were within a week of eachother, and I was in court for BOTH at the same time (and had 2 on my record still from the previous year) :D

babygurl
11-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Holy hell thats expensive!!! Did you get a lawyer or something?

oh, and those two tickes (+17 & +30) were within a week of eachother, and I was in court for BOTH at the same time (and had 2 on my record still from the previous year) :D

no, lawyer...the girl in front of me had a lawyer, and he actually gave her more of a fine for speeding than I got...Lets just say I have about 14 speeding tickets :) no lead foot :doh:

then about a year later i had another ticket, fine went down to 600 including court costs...

then in 05 my last ticket was 400 plus court costs..

Gainesville City Police...getting me every time...

81911SC
11-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Shouldn't have been a stupid *****.

babygurl
11-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Shouldn't have been a stupid *****.

me or the honda chic?

if you are talking to me, than yeah pretty much heh. you live and learn tho...

ueyedgr8tness
11-17-2007, 04:12 PM
OK here what u do,wait to pay the fines untill your court date and go to a defensive driving class before u go to court,when u get there tell the judge u have learned your lesson and that u took defensive classes so u could be more considerate of other's.

I think he will give u cs,pb, and some fines cause your under 21 they will not allow it to go on your record.

I no this why? because at 16 i got a 83-55 and when i was 19 i got a 77-45 then my last 1 was 73-55 and i was 20 then.

I have gotten out off all ticket's without a lawyer iv been to defensive driving school 2 of the times and i have been on pr for 6 months 1 time:yes: ,Believe me when u go to court don't fear the judge fear the prosecutor cause he can make your day hell or just a pat on the back,but be very well covered when u dress: cause wearing slutty clothes want get u no were in there.

So thats about it,And tell your dad that i am coming to ride with him and your mom before they put there bike's up(^*^)

xb1
11-17-2007, 06:49 PM
no, lawyer...the girl in front of me had a lawyer, and he actually gave her more of a fine for speeding than I got...Lets just say I have about 14 speeding tickets :) no lead foot :doh:

then about a year later i had another ticket, fine went down to 600 including court costs...

then in 05 my last ticket was 400 plus court costs..

Gainesville City Police...getting me every time...
Was it the same judge? The one judge I had to see in Gainesville was actually pretty nice to me, but I have a pretty rare situation.

As for the ticket discussion, the defensive driving thing is a good idea. It doesn't take that long, and will be a little cheaper than losing your licence until you turn 18. If you do plead "Nolo", you still have to pay the fine, and I'm not sure about whether or not the points go onto your licence or not these days. If your parents know a lawyer, it would be wise to to discuss it with them. They may even know someone who knows the judge, and then you can gauge what would be the best course of action from there. And I've had more speeding tickets/moving violations than any 3 people who have posted so far put together. Some of the Ga state laws have changed in the last 10 years to make my glorious driving record completely impossible, but I've seen how the system tends to work. And if you haven't told your parents about the ticket yet, it couldn't hurt, as they will evenually find out anyway.

Scotsman
11-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I was 21 at the time, so, you should be in the same situation. Under 18, you would be in trouble, but your all set at 20, I agree w/ everyone else, dont sweat the ticket. It will be fine...although, a little expensive. she is under 18:no:

I didnt have any court fees, so they didnt make any more $$ off of me than the tickets would have cost w/ out court. But, thats not always the case.she is under 20 , but HC , just plead nolo and take the classes , you wont lose your liscence , if ya want we can chip your ecu to govern it to 55mph , so this doesnt happen again:goodjob:

fucksohc
11-18-2007, 12:48 AM
alright megan... you should do either as thescotsman said and plead nolo... which is where they drop the points u pay the fine and take the class, or bec of the fact that u were goin 30 over in a construction zone you may need to get a lawyer... bec ur under 18...

i just dropped kim off and got home so i havent had a chance to get bobs #... but ill get it in the mornin and call you...

but... jus to lyk its gonna be hard to get off of a 30 over in a construction zone... they are usually pretty strict on those... g/l tho..

fucksohc
11-18-2007, 12:50 AM

thats cheep too... i had to pay for an 18 over ticket and drivin on a suspended license.... that was 850 on the drivin on a suspended license and 175 on the 18 over... so 1025 that day:doh:

coolcat
11-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Sounds like you got f*cking owned!

fucksohc
11-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Sounds like you got f*cking owned!
X2 rofl, reps if i can

Init2winit
11-18-2007, 04:30 AM
Dumbass. Why were you speeding in a construction zone?

quickdodge®
11-18-2007, 05:10 AM
but since I'm in a lowered Integra, I get pulled over.

Of course you got pulled over for having a lowered Integra. I'm sure the 30 mph over the speed limit in a construction zone had nothing to do with it. In other words, if you were doing what you were supposed to be doing, you still would have been pulled over because you were driving an Integra. If you would, what does it have written in the OFFENSE section? Speeding or driving an Integra? You ought to get the maximum just for this dumbass comment.Later, QD.

Pebbles
11-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Of course you got pulled over for having a lowered Integra. I'm sure the 30 mph over the speed limit in a construction zone had nothing to do with it. In other words, if you were doing what you were supposed to be doing, you still would have been pulled over because you were driving an Integra. If you would, what does it have written in the OFFENSE section? Speeding or driving an Integra? You ought to get the maximum just for this dumbass comment.Later, QD.

lol

cobalt9123
11-18-2007, 08:39 AM
friend lost his license for going 85 in the 55 zone of 316, or suspended for 6 months, he got it back though, and the officer wouldn't lower it any mph

1SICKLEX
11-18-2007, 10:16 AM
1. You better go to defensive driving school.
2. You better not be under 21 or your license could be revoked.
3. Judges usually throw the book at you for speeding in a construction zone. This is due to the workers getting hit and killed by cars that were speeding.

If you go by yourself, you better make a damn good case crying and saying you are a student and you were on the way to your 3rd job to pay for tuition.

Schugg
11-18-2007, 11:55 AM
i got a 115 in a 65 in newton county (conyers/covington), court was a joke 198 dollar fine and 6 months no license. i think i was 19

quickdodge®
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
court was a joke

Why? Later, QD.

fucksohc
11-18-2007, 10:58 PM

lmao!! reps if i can

DrivenMind
11-18-2007, 11:28 PM
with this being ur first ticket you shouldnt lose your license

That would depend upon age, and the final ruling in court.

If you got busted for 85 in a 55 on the interstate, that means you were doing 30mph over the speed limit which on any other road way would have earned you a reckless driving ticket, and a nice bail to help support the local doughnut fund.

30mph over is a big deal, and unless things go your way in court, your license will be suspended if you are under the age of 21, due to points accumulation.

Chances are they were just out looking to make some stops, and put some ticket revenue in the bank; they'll lessen your speed in court to allow you to keep your license, but charge you the full fine amount to ensure they make their bank. After all it's hard to keep financially praying on the people you govern if you suspend all their licenses, thereby not allowing them to make any money. Consider yourself lucky, 30 is commonly accepted on the interstate, but is still technically enough to have you hand cuffed and in a holding cell.

Your lowered car had nothing to do with it, other than the fact that it was the one that showed up on the cops radar gun. "Going with the flow" is a common Atlantaian excuse, and has no merit anywhere because these people aren't working to reform the law. Plus you were in a Construction Zone, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever consciously do anything faster than 5mph over in a Construction or School Zone.

MC Hammer
11-26-2007, 09:03 AM
up.

quickdodge®
11-26-2007, 09:04 AM
up.

Why the **** did you bump this crap? Stupid trick. Later, QD.

MC Hammer
11-26-2007, 09:36 AM
bc i wanna know what people have to say. is that ok with u?

Sol-Badguy
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Maybe if you weren't going 85 in a 55 through a construction zone, you wouldn't have to bump the thread.

Geez, have some common sense.

Nismo
11-26-2007, 11:25 AM
you = /failure

quickdodge®
11-26-2007, 11:29 AM

The people have already seen this. If they gave a goddamn, the thread wouldn't have been off the first page in the first place. Later, QD.

wantboost
11-26-2007, 11:30 AM
need attention much......

GTFO---------------------------------->

fucksohc
11-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Maybe if you weren't going 85 in a 55 through a construction zone, you wouldn't have to bump the thread.

Geez, have some common sense.

agreed... why would u go 30 over in a construction zone megan...

cmon.. u gotta be smarter than that..

Echonova
11-26-2007, 11:38 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/stupid.jpg

"B"
11-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I got my first ticket last night. I was heading south on 85. Goin 85 in a 55. And, it was a construction zone...I was following traffic but since I'm in a lowered Integra, I get pulled over. And he wrote me a ticket. :( This sucks. I've been pulled over about 5 times and had the chance to get 8 tickets but they never actually gave me a ticket. I'm gonna try everything to keep my license. If, this has happend to you please post what you got?? I wanna know my potential punishments. Lol.

edit2: The ticket still hasn't gone in the system and it's been like 10 days. How long does it take? and if on the ticket it doesn't say anything about it being an construction zone.?...

See, a SMART slvt would have gave the officer head and gotten away with a mouthful and a warning.:ninja:

"B"
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/stupid.jpg

:slap:
Back to work!!!

nicez32
11-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I got my first ticket last night. I was heading south on 85. Goin 85 in a 55. And, it was a construction zone...I was following traffic but since I'm in a lowered Integra, I get pulled over. And he wrote me a ticket. :( This sucks. I've been pulled over about 5 times and had the chance to get 8 tickets but they never actually gave me a ticket. I'm gonna try everything to keep my license. If, this has happend to you please post what you got?? I wanna know my potential punishments. Lol.

edit2: The ticket still hasn't gone in the system and it's been like 10 days. How long does it take? and if on the ticket it doesn't say anything about it being an construction zone.?...

okay so were the other cars going 85 in a 55mph construction zone?

Sol-Badguy
11-26-2007, 01:03 PM
okay so were the other cars going 85 in a 55mph construction zone? KEKEKE :lmao:

Reps

bigpanda16
11-26-2007, 05:13 PM
You're ****ed, without a lawyer.

§treet_§peed
11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
your ****ed.... also your whole b20 swap idea is a failure....

§treet_§peed
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
also how did you get automatic honda up that fast specially with those big 18" wheels and all those speakers in the trunk

quickdodge®
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
also how did you get automatic honda up that fast specially with those big 18" wheels and all those speakers in the trunk

Interstate 85 is quite a long freeway. Later, QD.

§treet_§peed
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
^ this is very true

SRCRX
11-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Your dad is going to be pissed!!

§treet_§peed
11-26-2007, 07:19 PM
^^^ PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!

fucksohc
11-27-2007, 11:51 AM
this is for you megan...

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/heatherftw/fail.jpg

bastarling84
11-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Here's what I have to say:

You're a dumbass. Slow down and quit making excuses. It's probably 70% stupidity and 30% bad luck (ie. the lowered Integra defense) that you got pulled over.

TheGodfather
11-27-2007, 06:58 PM
What about getting pulled over for doing 55 in a 54?

bastarling84
11-27-2007, 07:36 PM
What about getting pulled over for doing 55 in a 54?
That's for being young and black and having your hat real low. Completely different.

TheGodfather
11-27-2007, 11:52 PM
That's for being young and black and having your hat real low. Completely different.

BAHAHAHAHAHA :lmfao: :lmfao:

That was great. And very true.

dnugs03rsx
11-28-2007, 12:12 AM
well i got an 85 in a 55 on 400 right when sandy springs police station opened and they were rapin everyone to get some money and i happened to get a dayum good lawyer..he was actually the lawyer writing the dui lawbook in ga and i had to go to court and talked to the solictor and he reduced it so it wasnt on my insurance or record i think he reduced it to like 8 over or something i dunno but lawyers arent cheap

Ruiner
11-28-2007, 08:02 AM
well i got an 85 in a 55 on 400 right when sandy springs police station opened and they were rapin everyone to get some money and i happened to get a dayum good lawyer..he was actually the lawyer writing the dui lawbook in ga and i had to go to court and talked to the solictor and he reduced it so it wasnt on my insurance or record i think he reduced it to like 8 over or something i dunno but lawyers arent cheap

Raping everyone? YOU were the one doing 30mph OVER the speedlimit, not them.

I find it silly that most people, when they are pulled over, blame the cops even though they were doing something wrong. It amazes me, really. Society is going to ****. Everyone wants to blame someone else for their problems when they are the ones at fault.

bastarling84
11-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Everyone wants to blame someone else for their problems when they are the ones at fault.
Seriously. When I was 20 and got my license revoked for doing 27 over, at least I knew full and well I deserved it and took my punishment like a man. Since I got my license back (3 years ago), I can honestly say my lesson was learned.

Sol-Badguy
11-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Seriously. When I was 20 and got my license revoked for doing 27 over, at least I knew full and well I deserved it and took my punishment like a man. Since I got my license back (3 years ago), I can honestly say my lesson was learned.No kidding.

I got a drag racing ticket when I was 17 and lost mine for a year. I knew I was in the wrong, and took my punishment.

Quit whining. Maybe if you didn't break the law, you wouldn't be in this crap. :lmfao:

TicketRedBB6
11-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Raping everyone? YOU were the one doing 30mph OVER the speedlimit, not them.

I find it silly that most people, when they are pulled over, blame the cops even though they were doing something wrong. It amazes me, really. Society is going to ****. Everyone wants to blame someone else for their problems when they are the ones at fault.

+1. Seriously, how can you accuse the cops for pulling you over because you drive a lowered acura/honda? You were going WAY over the speedlimit. I'd understand your argument if it was less than 10 over, but 30??? Just get a lawyer and see what you can do. No use blaming the cops for your speeding. Cruise control is your best friend:goodjob:

big mac
11-28-2007, 08:48 AM
should have showed him them boobies. g/l I hope you get off.

im going to have to go with what this guy said lol

DrivenMind
11-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Well the argument could be made that the speed limits inside the perimeter, are pathetically low, strictly for the purpose of being able to ticket whomever, at random. I mean lets be honest here guys... when was the last time you were on the interstate, "going with the flow" at 55.

55 try to stay alive anyone?

Hauling that much ass in a construction zone, is entirely unforgivable though, as construction workers shouldn't have to worry about being mauled to death by lowered imports, and soccer moms.

wantboost
11-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Hauling that much ass in a construction zone, is entirely unforgivable though, as construction workers shouldn't have to worry about being mauled to death by lowered imports, and soccer moms.
what about a soccer mom in a lowered import, now thats a combo.