PDA

View Full Version : General Chat I think I've found a NEW LOVE!!!

madking411
11-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Yup, the Civvic EF hatch....im not sure what year(s) that particular model and trim are....but, i just LOOOVE that body line that it has...It could possibly become my next car if i can find a running one for ~$1000....:goodjob: Can y'all tell me everything you all like about this car, and/or if its a good one, or bad one or stories, or how engine swaps are, and describe the aftermarket, and how racing it is, etc. etc. etc.?? I wanna hear some good stuff about this car so I'll be convinced to try to find me one....:yes:

Usually, im a Toyota boy, but i think im willing to give Honda a chance now.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/pa387067054eb57206b6773dca16886aa/fc739b20.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wNDMxMTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

Halfwit
11-17-2007, 09:34 AM
ooooooooooooooooooooo

88-91 ef hatchback
come with singe cams,
pretty fun, even stock
extremely reliable

check the "ef squad" in clubs forum. we have meets regularly.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=169 - forum

they are easy as hell to mod. engine swaps are jsut as easy as any honda.
they arevery lightweight, and with minimal suspension tehy handle great.

ans as u can tell jsut lowered on a pair of nice rims they look amazing.

Elbow
11-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Come with D series engines, ones with DPFI require a MPFI swap for engine swaps. Any D series motor bolts in, the JDM D15B VTEC is a great option or a D16Z6. Also ZC's are popular motors and dont require aftermarket mounts like B, H, K series do. They are easy to mod like Halfwit said, not many issues with the hatches, sometimes the hatch leaks, nothing huge. D series motors are bullet proof.

Elbow
11-17-2007, 09:41 AM
BTW the SI has a D16A6 which has MPFI, the DX and STD have D15B1 and D15B2's which are DPFI.

madking411
11-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Come with D series engines, ones with DPFI require a MPFI swap for engine swaps. Any D series motor bolts in, the JDM D15B VTEC is a great option or a D16Z6. Also ZC's are popular motors and dont require aftermarket mounts like B, H, K series do. They are easy to mod like Halfwit said, not many issues with the hatches, sometimes the hatch leaks, nothing huge. D series motors are bullet proof.

What kind of power could i pull out of these motors??

Halfwit
11-17-2007, 09:47 AM
What kind of power could i pull out of these motors??
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147033 - our last meet (pics)

u can make alot of power, but it is un needed if u do the d16z6 or dual cam zcswap they become pretty nimble. u can be at 120 hp and be pretty happy. it wont be fast at that point, but will be a ver y fun car because of how light it is.

a turbo kit, or dual cam swap makes them even more fun.

UpSideDownDesi
11-17-2007, 10:05 AM
do it....civics are the best lego cars you can have.

Kevykev
11-18-2007, 11:55 AM
i've always disliked EF hatches, they have such a dated look.

On the other had I've always like CRX Si's -Especially in YELLOW - Strange.

I knew a fag that once owned one :D

madking411
11-18-2007, 01:49 PM

I knew a fag that once owned one :D

That IS pretty strange......Oh well!:D

I like that ''dated'' look though-- just the sharp body lines, and how its just like the EG hatch, but its a much sharper version of it...Thats what comes to mind whenever I look at an EF hatch anyways......I'm just a little bit concerned about how i'll end up modding it...I dont want to end up gettin abuncha parts, and havin it turn out like ugly, loud, slow, rice.....Its almost like i need some sort of ''guide'' on how to do it right...So it turns into a nice, quick, clean, simple car.:goodjob: Thats the ultimate goal right there.

speedminded
11-19-2007, 08:31 AM
That IS pretty strange......Oh well!:D

I like that ''dated'' look though-- just the sharp body lines, and how its just like the EG hatch, but its a much sharper version of it...Thats what comes to mind whenever I look at an EF hatch anyways......I'm just a little bit concerned about how i'll end up modding it...I dont want to end up gettin abuncha parts, and havin it turn out like ugly, loud, slow, rice.....Its almost like i need some sort of ''guide'' on how to do it right...So it turns into a nice, quick, clean, simple car.:goodjob: Thats the ultimate goal right there.What's your budget, $1,000 isn't gonna get you far with mods if you even find an EF for less than that.

chituntang
11-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Turbo FTW!!!!

MikeyPrzy
11-19-2007, 01:08 PM
EF is defiantly my favorite. I guess owning one gives me a biased look at it, but EGs and EKs are just too common. EFs aren't seen as much and they look amazing.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/Przymikey/Justpainted005.jpg
I love the way mine looks and even though my car is slow, I'd pick it over any EG or EK.

Especially since mine is an STD, it's super light.

Master Shake
11-19-2007, 01:15 PM

I knew a fag that once owned one :Dits like finding a midori green hatch. its a rare color.

imo...i always like the roundness of the 92-95 hatch, but i'd take an ef in a heartbeat.

JITB
11-19-2007, 01:20 PM
its not gonna be any easier modding the civic money wise, than it is your sunfire...

Kevykev
11-19-2007, 01:36 PM
its like finding a midori green hatch. its a rare color.

imo...i always like the roundness of the 92-95 hatch, but i'd take an ef in a heartbeat.

EG hatches are Great!

I've owned an SI and DX :yes:

speedminded
11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
its not gonna be any easier modding the civic money wise, than it is your sunfire...exactly...just more and better quality options available.

OneSlow5pt0
11-19-2007, 02:03 PM
for hondas id have to take a del sol or prelude........last gen preludes are snazy(i thoguth bout gettign one,when i got my celica)

but the civic would be a step up over the fire

driftyboy
11-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Anything's better than your Sunfire. GET IT.

- Drifty