PDA

View Full Version : No Need for a Camera man anymore??

AnthonyF
11-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I saw these at the SEMA show. They have some GREAT quality.

www.goprocamera.com (http://www.goprocamera.com/)

discuss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~an e-mal from them~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your email. We were pretty happy with the response at SEMA...what a great show!

The Motorsports HERO camera will come with the suction cup and about 5 base plates with quick release tabs that you can mount all over the vehicle. The base plates have double sided 3M VHB tape and then the camera can be locked into the plate to record pictures or video.

The 3M VHB tape is about as good as it gets and is very solid. We have tested at speeds well over 100MPH and probably approaching 140 MPH. We're working on obtaining more test data from drag car racers and other applications to see what the G-force rating might be. We can say that the mounts are very solid and we actually picked up a new suction cup mount that is a lot better than the prototypes we had on the Lotus at SEMA.

The new Motorsports camera kit will be available in early December.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Many thanks,

GoPro Support
http://www.goprocamera.com (http://www.goprocamera.com)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

00CelicaGT
11-17-2007, 01:22 PM
may have to pick up one of these for mountain runs.

+1

AnthonyF
11-17-2007, 11:10 PM
i got an e-mail from them ^posted^. I asked how it is attached to the car and how much force it can absorb before flying off. lol. I'm sure their tests are with the camera in the wide open for air to throw it off whatever it is holding onto. But if u brace it even more or put it inside the vehicle

_Christian_
11-17-2007, 11:27 PM
i have to have one of these. reps for u ant.

AnthonyF
11-17-2007, 11:32 PM
thanks mang. this thing is sick i cant wait to get mines (when i place my order)

JITB
11-18-2007, 12:05 AM
i wouldnt want to put it on the front bumper for hwy runs.

And the suction cup wont stick on the roof upholstery..

And i know most people clean there cars, so if it was on the dashboard, it might not stick to the greased surface...

And even if it did, would it record upside down? or does it automatically flip the vision.?

good idea tho!

AnthonyF
11-18-2007, 12:11 AM
^if you have a roll cage, mount it that way, if you have a front grill, use zip ties. I believe u can flip the camera or the picture over. Use the suction ups for he windows up high where they wont block ur view.

JITB
11-18-2007, 12:33 AM
^if you have a roll cage, mount it that way, if you have a front grill, use zip ties. I believe u can flip the camera or the picture over. Use the suction ups for he windows up high where they wont block ur view.

you should get payed or that plug... :goodjob:

BuBBa DRiFT
12-01-2007, 03:58 AM
excellent

ill have to hit my rich friends up for this haha

Init2winit
12-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah guys, lets video tape ourselves doing stupid ****, get caught, and have hard evidence to help convict ourselves. Nah, who am I kiddin? The cops will never notice a camera like object protruding from the roof of the car.

AnthonyF
12-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah guys, lets video tape ourselves doing stupid ****, get caught, and have hard evidence to help convict ourselves. Nah, who am I kiddin? The cops will never notice a camera like object protruding from the roof of the car.

wow...thanks for the support. it's not about that. and..no offense DUMBASS, are we not videoing ourselve already?!?! who is going to drill a hole in their roof to stick a camer through? these cameras are the size of credit cards. You can mount them anywhere. They dont have to be used for illegal activities (which im sure u break the law everyday just like everyone else)

Init2winit
12-01-2007, 12:38 PM
wow...thanks for the support. it's not about that. and..no offense DUMBASS, are we not videoing ourselve already?!?! who is going to drill a hole in their roof to stick a camer through? these cameras are the size of credit cards. You can mount them anywhere. They dont have to be used for illegal activities (which im sure u break the law everyday just like everyone else)Who said anything about drilling a hole in the roof, DUMBASS? I know what the camera looks like. Point is, if you get pulled over and a ****ing camera in mounted on your car (which WILL stand out), it is definitely going to be suspicious, especially being a RICER. In the instance that you record yourself doing stupid **** with a regular hand held camera, you can always keep it out of view if you were to get pulled over. Plus, the camera would be in your vehicle, where they cannot search without probable cause. As far as me breaking the law, I'm sure it happens every once in a while, but its on rare occasions. Anything else, Manlet?

AnthonyF
12-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Who said anything about drilling a hole in the roof, DUMBASS? I know what the camera looks like. Point is, if you get pulled over and a ****ing camera in mounted on your car (which WILL stand out), it is definitely going to be suspicious, especially being a RICER. In the instance that you record yourself doing stupid **** with a regular hand held camera, you can always keep it out of view if you were to get pulled over. Plus, the camera would be in your vehicle, where they cannot search without probable cause. As far as me breaking the law, I'm sure it happens every once in a while, but its on rare occasions. Anything else, Manlet?

lol...manlet. :lmfao: anyways, this camera is tiny. if you have it mounted on a roll cage, the cop will most likely never see it, espically at night.

"object protruding from the roof of the car" unless u have a sunroof, how else does something protrude through aything?:thinking:

trust me, video taping yourself is no where near as bad as posting time and location on a message board of the next big race.

jayjaySTI
12-01-2007, 12:50 PM
hey Ant how much are they:thinking:

AnthonyF
12-01-2007, 12:53 PM
jayjay-175 i believe. and most cameras, hand held are much more than that.

Init2winit
12-01-2007, 01:01 PM
lol...manlet. :lmfao: anyways, this camera is tiny. if you have it mounted on a roll cage, the cop will most likely never see it, espically at night.

"object protruding from the roof of the car" unless u have a sunroof, how else does something protrude through aything?:thinking:

trust me, video taping yourself is no where near as bad as posting time and location on a message board of the next big race.I said protrude from, not protrude through. Protrude simply means extended from an object.

AnthonyF
12-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I said protrude from, not protrude through. Protrude simply means extended from an object.

:bow: ok, i sowwie.

Reaper
12-01-2007, 02:39 PM
I'll take four, rear bumper, front bumper, drivers view(roll cage), camera on dash facing driver..lol

oh wait...It'd help if I had a car to video haha

+1 for ant. thats definitly a badass product:goodjob:

jayjaySTI
12-01-2007, 03:13 PM
jayjay-175 i believe. and most cameras, hand held are much more than that.

wowwww:eek: thats a really goop deal rep for ya man

Brick
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
night vision to avoid stupid ass highway run videos of headlights and tail lights?