PDA

View Full Version : Steriods (the legal kind)

Blitanicle99
11-16-2007, 05:00 PM
So quick question for anyone who has done steriods, mainly the legal ones. I got prescribed them for my neck and have been on them for about a week + now. Well...
I have now gained 14.8 pounds since I started them. That was last thursday. I am now 194.8 and I seriously think my metabolism has been completely stopped. Is this normal?
My prescription ends in a few days and I was wondering also if this will continue or just go back to normal because Ill probably drop like 10 pounds in a matter of days when I stop using this.

And yes I do work out regularly. I am in the the gym 4 days a week if I can for about an hour doing heavy and light weights sweating my ass off. I eat realy realy healthy and drink nothing but water. I am also doing Superpump 250 Creatine and it seems to be working very well.

SloWRX
11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Well if you gained muscle mass then yes, its normal i guess.

Dracc
11-16-2007, 05:05 PM
a dude i was in high school with was on steriods like this.. he had cancer and it was giving to him so that he could eat and gain weight.. he went from 5'10 140lbs - 187

robbyrob016
11-16-2007, 05:09 PM
You may or may not lose the weight immediately, if you continue to workout you should be fine at that weight. You may however, experience rising levels of estrogen in your body as your testosterone levels will have to even out from the roid use. The weight should have been mostly muscle that was gained, so your metabolism shouldn't be affected too much. i don't think. Just testosterone levels.

81911SC
11-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Anabolic Steroids?

soul
11-16-2007, 05:20 PM
mostly water weight, the mix of the roids + creatine, ur retaining every ounce n drop of water. Your getting bloated, at best a few lbs. of muscle. Dont worry bout estrogen levels, your dr. didnt prescribe you anything seriouness enough to effect those lvls were you would even notice, mainly estrogen just cause man boobs, estro block or something if ur really scared, but as stated, no worries there.

coolcat
11-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Drink some ammonia and bleach, the enzymes will help break down the steroid amino acids, and will get your metabolism back to normal.

robbyrob016
11-16-2007, 06:12 PM
mostly water weight, the mix of the roids + creatine, ur retaining every ounce n drop of water. Your getting bloated, at best a few lbs. of muscle. Dont worry bout estrogen levels, your dr. didnt prescribe you anything seriouness enough to effect those lvls were you would even notice, mainly estrogen just cause man boobs, estro block or something if ur really scared, but as stated, no worries there.

Alot of it is probably water weight, and the dosage may not be alot for the steroids.. I would look up the specific kind he gave you, just to make sure you don't want to invest in some estrogen blockers or anything to cycle off of them. But you shouldn't have too many, if any, affects from stopping.

Bballjamal
11-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Drink some ammonia and bleach, the enzymes will help break down the steroid amino acids, and will get your metabolism back to normal.

Hails Yessss :goodjob:

:umno:

xlilvi3tx
11-16-2007, 07:52 PM
u gain some somewhere n u lose some somewhere else lol :ninja: just messin.. sounds like u gainin alot of weight fast

SicStang03
11-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Like said above. It is all water weight and a little muscle. You will lose a lot of that when you get off the roids and creatine. Keep working out and you will get jacked quick

cobalt9123
11-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Like said above. It is all water weight and a little muscle. You will lose a lot of that when you get off the roids and creatine. Keep working out and you will get jacked quick
yup..called deflating.

_Christian_
11-16-2007, 08:16 PM
gains seem to be really fast. like said, most of that is water weight and you will lose it once you stop. just out of curiosity what kind and dosage are you taking? 15lbs is a lot for a week, especially for a prescribed dosage. they must have a really short half life.

Init2winit
11-16-2007, 09:43 PM
You may or may not lose the weight immediately, if you continue to workout you should be fine at that weight. You may however, experience rising levels of estrogen in your body as your testosterone levels will have to even out from the roid use. The weight should have been mostly muscle that was gained, so your metabolism shouldn't be affected too much. i don't think. Just testosterone levels.He did not gain 15 lbs of muscle mass in a week. You can't even do that in a year's time. It is mostly water retention.

cobalt9123
11-16-2007, 09:45 PM
actually you can gain 15 LBS of muscle mass in a year, i believe it's actually the max if i'm not mistaken. I know when you take creatine they say you can gain 7 lbs a week...which is basically all water weight, all creatine does is suck water into your muscles, making them bigger, heal faster, less recovery time, stronger. If you don't drink water though it'll **** over your organs, so make sure you drink a lot with creatine.

And it's all water weight, go to a sona after you get off and it'll all be gone.

Init2winit
11-16-2007, 09:56 PM
actually you can gain 15 LBS of muscle mass in a week, i believe it's actually the max if i'm not mistaken. I know when you take creatine they say you can gain 7 lbs a week...which is basically all water weight, all creatine does is suck water into your muscles, making them bigger, heal faster, less recovery time, stronger. If you don't drink water though it'll **** over your organs, so make sure you drink a lot with creatine.

And it's all water weight, go to a sona after you get off and it'll all be gone.Let me re-phrase that. You can't gain 15 lbs of pure muscle in a week.

cobalt9123
11-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Let me re-phrase that. You can't gain 15 lbs of pure muscle in a week.
woops..****ed up, was reading week but meant to put year *edited* and 15lbs of muscle mass in a year is possible. not a week though.

Init2winit
11-16-2007, 10:08 PM
woops..****ed up, was reading week but meant to put year *edited* and 15lbs of muscle mass in a year is possible. not a week though.Its very uncommon. Usually the max is around 10 lbs on the juice, and a well developed training routine. I guess someone with good genetics could do it, but it isn't common. Natural you can only gain about 6-7 a year.

C22H19N3O4
11-17-2007, 06:08 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao:

Blitanicle99
11-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I am on 25 mg of something. Real small pill. And theres no way its all muscle mass. Granted 14.8 lbs is alot for a week, and I eat realy healthy. I can definately see the water retention right now, usualy with the creatine I am on I dont get all watery, it doesnt affect me that way. However once they gave me the steriods for my neck suddenly I think I retain a **** load of water.

c_riley
11-17-2007, 11:23 AM
just eat the hell out of some protein and hit the gym extra hard while you're on it.
that way you can take full advantage of the doctor giving you the "miracle drug".

C22H19N3O4
11-17-2007, 11:52 AM
So quick question for anyone who has done steriods, mainly the legal ones. I got prescribed them for my neck and have been on them for about a week + now. Well...
I have now gained 14.8 pounds since I started them. That was last thursday. I am now 194.8 and I seriously think my metabolism has been completely stopped. Is this normal?
My prescription ends in a few days and I was wondering also if this will continue or just go back to normal because Ill probably drop like 10 pounds in a matter of days when I stop using this.

And yes I do work out regularly. I am in the the gym 4 days a week if I can for about an hour doing heavy and light weights sweating my ass off. I eat realy realy healthy and drink nothing but water. I am also doing Superpump 250 Creatine and it seems to be working very well.

Which steroids are legal? I'm just curious.

Are you on prednisone to help with the inflammation?

If you are, prednisone is catabolic NOT anabolic.

Basically it will make you fat and not gain muscle. :lmfao: :lmfao:

Princess12
11-17-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm prescribed steriods for skin allergies, and I do gain weight everytime; however, usually a week to 2 weeks after I finish the round, I'm back to normal.

Blitanicle99
11-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I dont know. Its weird as ****.

iEvo
11-17-2007, 03:56 PM
He did not gain 15 lbs of muscle mass in a week. You can't even do that in a year's time. It is mostly water retention.

u can easily gain 15lbs of muscle in a year...

Hulud
11-17-2007, 04:57 PM

you have a bigger appetite on steroids thus yo will eat more.

what steroids are you on?

cobalt9123
11-17-2007, 05:13 PM
u can easily gain 15lbs of muscle in a year...
wouldn't say easily, but you can. it's going to be hard work though

Blitanicle99
11-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I dont know which ones. I have a bottle I could probably copy it but its long as hell. Its 25 mg of something with a P

iEvo
11-17-2007, 06:27 PM
wouldn't say easily, but you can. it's going to be hard work though

i went from 125 to 150 in about 6th months

_Christian_
11-18-2007, 04:18 AM
your gains also depend on your body type and how long you ave worked out. it's all relative. if your a novice 15lbs in a year or even half a year isnt too crazy, but still impressive nonetheless. if you've been lifting for a long time and are near your legit max you will eventually plateau and will only be maintaining your body with relatively no gains.

Init2winit
11-18-2007, 04:29 AM
i went from 125 to 150 in about 6th monthsI guarantee you that all of that wasn't muscle. Matter of fact, probably only about 2-3 lbs of it was. Go see a nutritionist.

BobbyFresco
11-18-2007, 08:23 AM

LIRL.............:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

cobalt9123
11-18-2007, 08:35 AM
I guarantee you that all of that wasn't muscle. Matter of fact, probably only about 2-3 lbs of it was. Go see a nutritionist. X2, it's improbable, its possible that in the process of stretching while working out you've grown taller(weigh more) and it's possible that in the process of eating to keep up with protien needs you've gained some fat, and some water weight, unless you're on steroids.

chsdog55
11-18-2007, 08:19 PM
U were precribed what they call a cortico steroid which is like ur methylprednisolone or prednisone's It is for inflammation and it is not gonna make u gain muscle nor strength. U may gain water weight because they can make u retain more water than normals. Howver a 25mg tablet is rare because it comes in strengths of 1,2.5,5,10,20,50. Cortico steroids and Anabolic Steroids are two totally different things and as i have told many patients we have a steroid for u to pick up and they freak out because all of the media attn in the past couple years. As far as "AS" in US pharmacy's we only carry Testosterone Enanthat and Testosterone Propionate which are injectables. But anyways if it was for pain in ur neck or something just drink lots of water and try to take them with food. But as far as them being a steroid thats gonna make u faster stronger and meaner dont worry about it ur fine.

iEvo
11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
I guarantee you that all of that wasn't muscle. Matter of fact, probably only about 2-3 lbs of it was. Go see a nutritionist.

i can basicly eat whatever and not gain weight. i eat very well now and just been workin out about everyday. i had no fat on my body before i started workin out and have even less now and have seen major improvements

iEvo
11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
X2, it's improbable, its possible that in the process of stretching while working out you've grown taller(weigh more) and it's possible that in the process of eating to keep up with protien needs you've gained some fat, and some water weight, unless you're on steroids.

im as tall as im ever gonna be

Psycho
11-18-2007, 10:29 PM

Why would you ask a bunch of idiots on IA this question, and not your doctor or pharmacist?:screwy:

Blitanicle99
11-18-2007, 10:49 PM
I figured someone might work at a pharmacy and I was too lazy to get a doctor on the phone.

Psycho
11-18-2007, 10:56 PM
I figured someone might work at a pharmacy and I was too lazy to get a doctor on the phone.
The pharmacy phone number on the bottle requires you to push 10 buttons on your phone. Your post on IA required you to type a paragraph. Which one takes more effort?

For all you know, you could be having some kind weird reaction that will have you crapping to death in a week. But you won't know because you're trusting some tard who barely understands how an engine works, let alone pharmaceuticals.

chsdog55
11-19-2007, 07:54 AM
I answered ur question. But i guess u missed it. I am a Pharmacists..If u want to give me a call at work just to make sure ur getting the right advice i will give u the pharmacy number.

Psycho
11-19-2007, 08:21 AM
^can you hook me up?

chsdog55
11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
HAHA...Most of my friends always ask that because in high school we were always the trouble makers and most of them still are but after the whole Pharmacy School experience i have calmed down a little. I would hook up everyone if i could but unfortunately the DEA frowns upon that kind of behavior..

con
11-19-2007, 01:29 PM
damn Steroid use really is on the rise.... I saw a Don't Do Steroids type commercial last night and thought it was the funniest ****.

Init2winit
11-19-2007, 02:28 PM
damn Steroid use really is on the rise.... I saw a Don't Do Steroids type commercial last night and thought it was the funniest ****.It isn't on the rise, its just the latest thing that the government, and news media are into.