PDA

View Full Version : General Chat "Clean" or "Riced"

RUFFIAN
11-16-2007, 02:05 PM
What is the deal with the waaayyy over used term Rice, Riced, Riced Out? Not to long ago, people where paying outrageous $$$ to kit out and paint everything under the sun. Now if you put a decal on a window or a spoiler you are rice.:thinking: I will agree there are plenty of people who are guilty of questionable taste and or actions (pointless burnouts) but come on. As far as Im concerned, Do what makes YOU feel good about your ride and Fvck what other people think. All these Sheep that follow what everyone else is doing are weak. They are just biting the euro crowd that has been doing the "clean and subtle" mod thing forever. Just my :2cents: and its all said in love:D . What do you think?

spacelion
11-16-2007, 03:48 PM
What is the deal with the waaayyy over used term Rice, Riced, Riced Out? Not to long ago, people where paying outrageous $$$ to kit out and paint everything under the sun. Now if you put a decal on a window or a spoiler you are rice.:thinking: I will agree there are plenty of people who are guilty of questionable taste and or actions (pointless burnouts) but come on. As far as Im concerned, Do what makes YOU feel good about your ride and Fvck what other people think. All these Sheep that follow what everyone else is doing are weak. They are just biting the euro crowd that has been doing the "clean and subtle" mod thing forever. Just my :2cents: and its all said in love:D . What do you think?
With [namely] the Japanese imports, the idea of functionality dawned on everyone and that's when the tide turned. You have people that actually know everything about the mods that they do to their car and can perfectly tweak them, then you have the t00lbags that buy the mods just to fit into the new scene while not knowing sh1t about their mods. Yeah, I'll agree the Euro guys have been in that game for a lot longer. And we can't forget the F&F craze which really just maxed out the "ricer" era. But the term "rice" really just follows what the BIG trend is at the time. The JDM craze is slowly turning into "rice" whether you want to admit it or not, just because it's the BIG trend right now. People called kitted/painted cars "clean" and so does everyone that's into the JDM stuff. It just comes in waves.

Kevykev
11-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Things that are *acceptable in the present will not always be *acceptable in the future.

*purely subjective

Thighs
11-16-2007, 07:24 PM
i remember 4 years ago looking in import tuner mags and hating the crazy ass kitted cars and liking the cleaner looking cars.

do YOU like the rice rockets?

khaxnguyen
11-16-2007, 07:45 PM
lol sheeps*

blackshine007
11-16-2007, 07:55 PM
I made a thread a while back called "are you ricist?" and it touched on alot of this. Very well put Ruffian

khailon
11-16-2007, 10:24 PM
ahaha yah