PDA

View Full Version : Where to look?

EvasiveEF9
11-16-2007, 09:38 AM
As many of you know, I'm leaving for USMC boot in February...and I'm about to be leaving the job I'm with for some un-mentioned reasons that I don't really have a choice but to leave... Nonetheless, I'll need a place to work at LEAST through the holidays, and probably up til the end of January to pay off as much of my student loan, credit cards, and holiday shopping as possible before I go...

Anyone know of good places to check? I was thinking the UPS warehouse, but I've heard it's not a good place cuz of the Union and crap. Thought about FedEx, but I don't think they have any "seasonal" openings...

Anyone know where to look, or can anyone throw me a bone?

Ran
11-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I worked at the UPS warehouse during Christmas once. Worst job experience ever. Pay wasn't too bad tho.

EvasiveEF9
11-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I worked at the UPS warehouse during Christmas once. Worst job experience ever. Pay wasn't too bad tho.
So I've heard... I've heard basically there's a super just watchin' you like a hawk and pressuring you to work harder and faster constantly...

I worked at German Auto Parts out in Norcross doing that kinda ****....with a super over my just always riding my ass and giving me ****. I snapped on day, cursed him out, and just walked outta there. **** wasn't worth 10/hr to me to be treated like ****, and always being insulted. **** sucked...

Ran
11-16-2007, 10:14 AM
So I've heard... I've heard basically there's a super just watchin' you like a hawk and pressuring you to work harder and faster constantly...Pretty much. The guy basically just stands up on a overpass in the warehouse and yells at everyone with a megaphone. I'd pass on UPS if I were you.

If you're just looking for seasonal work, then it shouldn't be too hard to find a temporary job.

EvasiveEF9
11-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Pretty much. The guy basically just stands up on a overpass in the warehouse and yells at everyone with a megaphone. I'd pass on UPS if I were you.

If you're just looking for seasonal work, then it shouldn't be too hard to find a temporary job.
I'm hoping not. Especially with this particular season...

I just DON'T wanna go back to the restaurant business. God that **** sucked, too!

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2007, 10:35 AM
or can anyone throw me a bone?

This guy can. Later, QD.

EvasiveEF9
11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
This guy can. Later, QD.
...but that's not vick?

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2007, 11:17 AM
What does Vick have to do with it? Later, QD.

EvasiveEF9
11-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Vick throws things other than footballs...especially when it has to do with dogs. As for whoever is posted...I've not heard anything of him throwing anything but footballs as of yet.

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Vick throws things other than footballs...especially when it has to do with dogs. As for whoever is posted...I've not heard anything of him throwing anything but footballs as of yet.

Well, I don't associate everything or anything with Vick. Later, QD.

EvasiveEF9
11-16-2007, 12:35 PM
LoL. Anything pro football and dogs I relate straight to vick...