PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Nopi Drag Racing Series Schedule

B18c1Turboed
11-15-2007, 03:11 PM
MORE DATES TO COME!!!

NOPI GEORGIA
March 28/29 – Atlanta Dragway – Commerce, GA.
Pro and Sportsman Drag Race – Car Show

NOPI SOUTH FLORIDA
April 5/6 – Moroso Motorsports Park – Jupiter, FL.

NOPI NEW JERSEY
April 26/27 – Atco Raceway – Atco, NJ.

NOPI SPRING NATIONALS
May 3/4 – Old Bridge Township Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ.
Pro and Sportsman Drag Race – Car Show – Pro Drift

NOPI MARYLAND
May 17/18 – Maryland International Raceway – Budds Creek, MD.
Sportsman Drag Race – Car Show

June/July – West Coast Swing – Still in negotiations with tracks.

NOPI NEW ENGLAND
August 2/3 – New England Dragway – Epping, NH.

NOPI VIRGINIA
August 9/10 – Virginia Motorsports Park – Petersburgh, VA.

NOPI NY/NJ
August 23/24 - Old Bridge Township Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ.
Pro and Sportsman Drag Race World Finals– Car Show – Pro Drift

josh green
11-15-2007, 06:38 PM
I wish they were a little more evenly spaced out. Those back to back weekends will be rough.

93H22ACX
11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
damn..those dates are really back to back. i guess they only want "REAL RACERS" eh LOL.

B18c1Turboed
11-16-2007, 12:00 PM
damn..those dates are really back to back. i guess they only want "REAL RACERS" eh LOL.

HAHAHA...... Those are races ill be going too. Plus the 2 importsdowns,and 2 import face off, thats more then enough for me!!!

NOPI GEORGIA
March 28/29 – Atlanta Dragway – Commerce, GA.
Pro and Sportsman Drag Race

NOPI MARYLAND
May 17/18 – Maryland International Raceway – Budds Creek, MD.

NOPI VIRGINIA
August 9/10 – Virginia Park – Petersburgh, VA.

93H22ACX
11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
dont forget all the T&T and tunerfest :P

BLK JDM
11-16-2007, 12:16 PM
I'll be at all of them and a couple Formula Ds out in Cali!!

B18c1Turboed
11-16-2007, 12:46 PM
I'll be at all of them and a couple Formula Ds out in Cali!!

Have a safe trip!!!

josh green
11-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I hope everyone is saving up some bank. Got to thinking that it might cost a couple grand in fuel to get to the races if you did the whole east coast circuit and the ISD/IFO's. I hope the fuel prices arent going up anymore. May have to convert your truck to run methanol or grease! :)

I just tallyed it all up and and its about 12,326 miles total and if your truck gets average 11mpg hauling its 1120 gallons at ABOUT $3 its $3360 in fuel. DOES NOT INCLUDE FOOD/ROOM, wear and tear on the vehicles. :eek:

This is for the ones that Danny has listed plus both ISD's and the IFO in Montgomery, NOT including whatever is in June/July.

Forgot to include IFO @ Steele.

BLK JDM
11-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I hope everyone is saving up some bank. Got to thinking that it might cost a couple grand in fuel to get to the races if you did the whole east coast circuit and the ISD/IFO's. I hope the fuel prices arent going up anymore. May have to convert your truck to run methanol or grease! :)

I just tallyed it all up and and its about 12,326 miles total and if your truck gets average 11mpg hauling its 1120 gallons at ABOUT $3 its $3360 in fuel. DOES NOT INCLUDE FOOD/ROOM, wear and tear on the vehicles. :eek:

This is for the ones that Danny has listed plus both ISD's and the IFO in Montgomery, NOT including whatever is in June/July.

Forgot to include IFO @ Steele.

Damn that's a lot of $$ I never even thought of it like that!! Man that's why you have to have a serious passion to do this on a regular basis. I really respect a lot of those guys who go out and don't have sponsorships!!!

B18c1Turboed
11-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Time to start charging alot of stuff, so i can have cash left over to go race!!

But if you divide the race like i plan on doing ,it wont hurt my pocket book that bad,altough i think i should keep the ranger now,since it runs on e85 fuel.Only problem with that is there is no gasstations near by too use that fuel!!

SPOOLIN
11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
I will put the local stuff before the long ways stuff this year. I myself plan on going to NDRA commerce, moroso, and virginia as far as NDRA is concerned. Im not extending myself for a first year of going places. Im ballin on a budget still sorta. those 3 plus 2 ISD and IFO's makes for enough fun. But you never know this early how far youll eventually drive and go to.

93H22ACX
11-24-2007, 12:08 AM
i NEVER calculate gas prices when I tow my car to races (it'll only make you depress). Only thing I worry about is prices/time for parts if something breaks.

I'll be hard for me to go to all the events not really because of gas prices but because of time needed to get off from work. I mean im not going to travel any more than 6 hours, 8 is pushing it for me. Now if I didnt have to work the day after then it'll be fine...

But, like Jerel said.. you really need to have the passion for this sport to do what you have to do....

but on the other hand.... if the wifey says no then what can you do :crazy:

B18c1Turboed
11-24-2007, 08:51 AM
if the wifey says no then what can you do :crazy:

Beat her @$$ and lock her in a closet, till she says yes!!! Works for me everytime!!! :lmfao:

SPOOLIN
11-24-2007, 09:41 AM
yeah at this point i couldnt see going to anything farther than texas for an event because those are just to far like las vegas or arizona, youll spend 4-5 days to do everything, traveling, racing, traveling back. My boss would let me take friday and monday though if i did need it but i wouldn't ask unless i was really doing good or something. My wife won't tell me no because she knows if im going to do it then im going to do it regardless the only way i wouldnt go is if funds are low but things are looking really good for '08 to definatly go to more races.

Lusos
11-24-2007, 03:48 PM
I be at both of the Georgia events, both Import Showdowns, and hopefully Tunerfest. But then again, I guess there's a big difference in watching and actually busting your ass out there racing.

Does the NDRA run a contingency plan or are the payouts good enough as it is?

SPOOLIN
11-24-2007, 03:51 PM
payouts were 1200 for first in sportsman, supposively they are increasing it. NHRA payouts were ****ty and i dont see why everyone made a big deal about nhra, they were ripping racers off in my opinion. NDRA does have contingency.

det kid
11-25-2007, 12:44 PM
sfwd sentra for 08, we can all roll to all the eastcoast events as GA finest imports.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

93H22ACX
11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
danny..time to update with IFO's schedule

B18c1Turboed
11-30-2007, 05:53 AM
danny..time to update with IFO's schedule

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148401

93H22ACX
11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148401

:eek: must have been bored LMAO