PDA

View Full Version : Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

1SICKLEX
11-15-2007, 07:26 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

1SICKLEX
11-15-2007, 07:27 AM
1. Got damnit if old St. Nick can't say "ho, ho, ho", then all is lost...who can?
2. I figure only a "ho" would be offended, not a woman.

More evidence, our world is slowly losing its balls and mind...

osiriskidd
11-15-2007, 07:42 AM
1. Got damnit if old St. Nick can't say "ho, ho, ho", then all is lost...who can?
2. I figure only a "ho" would be offended, not a woman.

More evidence, our world is slowly losing its balls and mind...

agreed. people will find any reason to make a commotion these days.

BlkCD5
11-15-2007, 07:57 AM
People need to lighten up. Off topic, but a while ago some town in texas forbide people to say hello, since the word was "affiliated" with hell. So they said heaveno instead :screwy:

Kelly
11-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Gez :screwy:

Jimmy B
11-15-2007, 08:43 AM
youz a hoooooo HO!!!!!

:)

just say its also a garden tool..

well.. i guess some women are that too..

Glides
11-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Now if they were saying ***** *****, I could see that. Give a woman an inch and she'll take 10 miles.

I think all Santas should just be able to slap a ho ho ho 3 times a day with no consequences.

Ran
11-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Does Australia have nappy headed ho ho hos?

nreggie454
11-15-2007, 10:44 AM
All these hoes getting angry about Santa's "Ho ho ho"s need to just chill out with some http://blogging.la/archives/images/2006/08/box_hohos-thumb.jpg

BlkCD5
11-15-2007, 07:36 PM
I love those snacks!! :crazy:

GIXXERDK
11-15-2007, 07:56 PM
LEAVE SANTA ALONE!

Leisa
11-15-2007, 08:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

this world get more ****ed up every day!

SL65AMG
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM

ADVERTISEMENT

"Leave Santa alone."

this is what happens when the liberals are in charge. stupid **** like this.

LQQKITZME
11-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah thats gay... I guess a bit dog always yelps and alot of todays women just have a guilty conscience

SL65AMG
11-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah thats gay... I guess a bit dog always yelps and alot of todays women just have a guilty conscience

except in a normal world the dogs wounds would heal, or it would die. in our society, the wounds do not heal, but everything is done to keep the "dog" from dying. the "dog" is continuously allowed to yelp and whine and ***** and nothing is done about it.

Johnny Chimpo
11-16-2007, 09:09 PM
this is what happens when the liberals are in charge. stupid **** like this.

+1

0p7!mu5
11-16-2007, 09:47 PM
man they proably banned snowhite and the seven dwarfs for that song you know... Hi HO Hi Ho its off to work we go? I mean c'mon that's gotta be taken wrong somehow...

SloWRX
11-16-2007, 10:48 PM
wow whats next... are they gonna sue the easter bunny for painting brown eggs with white paint..

SL65AMG
11-17-2007, 12:00 AM
wow whats next... are they gonna sue the easter bunny for painting brown eggs with white paint..

SHHHH dont give them any ideas!!!!

we have enough bull**** to deal with, we dont need anymore

TheGodfather
11-17-2007, 12:08 AM
So first Christmas is offensive, so everything that had the word Christmas in it was replaced with holiday, like we don't know what holiday it is.

Now Santa can't cheer in jolly like he always has?

Thanks Hillary for spreading communism into America before you even gave liberals a chance to make their biggest mistake ever and put you in the White House.

Jimmy B
11-17-2007, 10:07 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

or haunakua!!

quickdodgeŽ
11-17-2007, 10:32 AM
just say its also a garden tool..

well.. i guess some women are that too..

Yup. Good for plowing. Later, QD.

babygurl
11-17-2007, 12:43 PM
people seriously need to stop nit picking every damn thing...

No one should be offended by Santa saying "ho ho ho"

changing everyting needs to stop....

SL65AMG
11-17-2007, 12:49 PM
people seriously need to stop nit picking every damn thing...

No one should be offended by Santa saying "ho ho ho"

changing everyting needs to stop....

people are allowed to ***** and whine until they get what they want. it should NOT have gotten to this point, and now its irreversible.

If you try to help the government, the people are against you.
If you try to help the people, the government is against you.

the US has become a welfare-state

ignorance will be the downfall of this "great" country..... and the sad thing is that theres NO better place to go.....

TheDarkRacer
11-18-2007, 02:33 PM
i think ppl need to start slapn hos for gettn mad that ppl calln it like they see em...

but yea the worlds gonna start changing **** because everyone is gonna be complain'in and then we are gonna nuke ourselfs cuz someone across the street doesnt like us.