PDA

View Full Version : RB25det runs, but idle is wierd need help

RB25DET240sx
11-14-2007, 09:05 PM
ok so I finally got it to run thanks to dave(black 280z w rb25,)
but now it wont idle correctly. When i start it up it idles but if I give it any bit off gas it will rev up then die when returning to idle. I cleaned out the AAc and still has same problem. Also its feeding itself too much fuel and blowin alot of excess out of the exhaust. so i got a fuel pres. reg. from work that Im bout to install.
But I want to buy an F-con since I can get it for cheap new at my work and then tune it. anyone think any other tuning system is better than F-con? need some opinions from people with experience on this. thanks.

chituntang
11-15-2007, 03:43 AM
I think the F-con is fine. Do you have a BOV setup on the car? Because that may cause the problem. It happens a lot on SR engines, not everytime, but sometimes. I guess the same thing could happen to the RB as well. Easy to fix it is to use AFC. And since you are getting the F-con, it should do the job.

Z U L8R
11-15-2007, 05:57 PM
i have an f-con for an rb25 i'm selling for a friend lol make a reasonable offer and i'll ask him. it's in the trunk of my camry lol

i still think it's the bov but with a stand alone you can tune around it. since you're a good welder, i'd say once you get the tunability, put your maf as a blow through set up as well. :goodjob: