PDA

View Full Version : 240 swap question

SE-Romeo
07-27-2005, 08:44 AM
A buddy of mine is about to do a swap on a 240 he is looking at buying, but doesn't know what to do yet. He mentioned something to me that soundsed pretty cool. He was talking to me about dropping in an RB25T in a 240, and possibly making it AWD. I dont know how possible that is, anyone heard oft his?

Cool Cat Racing
07-27-2005, 09:25 AM
It is possible but will be easier with an RB 26. Unless he has a shitload of money tell him to let go of the AWD idea. I've seen it on a few cars in Japan but could tell that it wasn't going to be cheap at all. Just do it RWD and save about 10k.
Ryan

Tracy
07-27-2005, 11:05 AM
It is possible but will be easier with an RB 26. Unless he has a shitload of money tell him to let go of the AWD idea. I've seen it on a few cars in Japan but could tell that it wasn't going to be cheap at all. Just do it RWD and save about 10k.
Ryan

ditto! Very expensive idea. We've had a few people come to us with that "idea" and no one has taken us up on the price, yet. :)

EmotorsportsE
07-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Tell him he's be better off buying a R32 GTR than making a 240 AWD, the awd is alot of work to make it work.

E

auxiliary
07-27-2005, 11:03 PM
He's not going to make an AWD 240.

It's even hard to convert a RWD Skyline into an AWD skyline.

PSINXS
07-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Possible if u got the cash. a guy i know was doing this to his Z. i dont know how its all going, he hasnt got the other half of his skyline yet. anyway just leave the car rwd and make life easier

sebastianHoff
07-28-2005, 12:32 AM
bullshit!! firstly converting a rwd skyline to awd is as simple as finding a wrecked awd skyline. i mean shit, if you had a gts-t here in atlanta the only thing you would have to do to convert it is go over to nad auto and buy one of their complete rb26 clips. now for the 240. there is video of a guy running a awd dyno with a rb26 powered 240 on it. i've even thought it over a few times, but id rather have an evo VIII and wrap it in lancer skin. you can do it. go over to 240sxfourms and look around. there is a guy there who was trying to do it, but gave up cause he was getting his parts through night7 and they ended up goin to court over some shit. i will tell you this, you need a complete skyline wiring harness, cause the thing most people cant find is the trans computer.

HalfBaked
07-28-2005, 01:27 AM
Check out skylines down under. It is impossible to make a RWD r34 awd. Or atleast no one has ever done it. You have to cut the frame to do it.

1439/2000
07-28-2005, 06:52 AM
awd rb25=weaksauce

gts4 models are quasi gay anyway

buy a gtr and then drive it.

bigasian
07-28-2005, 07:57 AM
if he wants an awd 240sx just buy a skyline gtr and do a 240sx front end conversion haha :goodjob:

Cool Cat Racing
07-28-2005, 09:03 AM
It takes a little more than you've said to changeover a RWD R32 or R33 to AWD. Your comment about it being that easy shows you haven't spent much time under a skyline. The 240 idea though plausible is very complicated since no part of the chassis is made to have awd. Its hard enough to fit an RB26 in there, let alone with the diff/oil pan still there. Not to mention the rather large transfer case that needs major modifications to the chassis to fit. Just because some guy on a forum has TRIED it doesn't mean its easy or even moderately hard, the fact that he couldn't finish it proves this. A lack of parts is a small and easily overcome problem, he's using that as a cop out. Tracy and I specialize in these cars and I've spent quite some time under 240's and alot more under skylines and your opinions don't really have any basis in truth. SOme guy on a forum saying he could do it hardly makes it reality. And when you can buy a legal R32 for around $25k why bother with a lesser car anyways.
Ryan