PDA

View Full Version : Selling a Car on E-Bay - Help?

Ran
11-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Not sure where a thread like this belongs so I'll take my chances with the Whoreslounge. Maybe it goes in Lifestyles? If it needs to be relocated, mods please do so. :)

I'm getting ready to put the Yaris up on E-Bay, but I've never sold anything on there before, much less a car. Any tips? Opinions? Advice? Would it work like a normal sale, with Paypal and I just sign a title over to them after the purchase? Does E-Bay take a cut of your selling price? How much would I expect to lose thru them and Paypal?

Also, I'm pretty sure that USAA (who I have it financed thru) still has the title since I'm making payments. Either that or it's at my parent's house in the safe.

I'm really lost with this, so any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance. :cheers:

coolcat
11-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Ebay does take some of your money, I'd try Craigslist or something local first.

Brett
11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
My civic sold through Ebay, Was very easy transaction. The lady sent me a paypal of $500 to hold the car, then sent me a cashiers check and I held it till it cleared then she sent a transporter to get it and I overnighted her the title so she would have it when the car got there. If you ship the car DO NOT send the title with the car, You never know how shady the driver of the trucks are.

Ebay charges a flat fee which you will see what it is depending on the options you pick before you start. Mine was like $100 I think.

I wouldnt do it with Paypal, You will loose alot of money that way, I would do a certified check and hold it till it clears then release the car.

Blitanicle99
11-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I wasted 34 bucks with ebay about two weeks ago trying to sell. I didnt even get close to my reserve (price I am happy with). I would craigslist it up first. I have this hobby of trading vehicles constantly and every vehicle I have sold except one was from craigslist the other was autotrader. Seriously craigslist it up first. Its free, you cant loose

man
11-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Craigslist, then autotrader, then ebay.

DaMaGe ZWK
11-15-2007, 07:52 AM
im thinking about putting my car on ebay too... I just got the same questions as you....

Ran
11-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I tried Craigslist and got nothing. Autotrader will probably be my next stop. Thanks for the help guys.

DaMaGe ZWK
11-15-2007, 08:30 AM
I tried Craigslist and got nothing. Autotrader will probably be my next stop. Thanks for the help guys.
yeah you can do that thing with autotrader where it stays in there till it sells... im sure it will sell on there easily...