PDA

View Full Version : How much should I pay for GSR short block?

bRiAnMcIvIcS
11-14-2007, 03:01 PM
How much should i pay for a GSR short block with around 200,000 miles on it? I was thinking $250. Im gonna resleeve it to 83mm. What should i look out for when inspecting it? It came out of a junkyard. Hopefully no rod sligage, i havent seen it yet. Im probably gonna have to bring my buddie thats a mechanic. I just figured id ask you guys.

integra82786
11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
well..... if there are problems with the block, ie: bad piston rings, scarred piston walls, bent rods, etc, then you need to figure out how much you will want to put into it. $250 sounds like a decent deal to me, as long as the block itself isn't cracked. if that falls through though, I do also have a gsr block for sale. aproximately 100k miles on it. ran great when I pulled it. I'm asking around $500-$600 for it in good condition.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Im not gonna use the pistons or the rods. Im gettin cp pistons and eagle rods. Thanks man i will keep you in mind.

Barefoot
11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
well..... if there are problems with the block, ie: bad piston rings, scarred piston walls, bent rods, etc, then you need to figure out how much you will want to put into it. $250 sounds like a decent deal to me, as long as the block itself isn't cracked. if that falls through though, I do also have a gsr block for sale.
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144910