PDA

View Full Version : Selling bike

ruah_23
11-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I bought a bike using suzuki financial, and I haven't paid it off yet.Can I sell it to someone and get the title for the bike?Anyone ever done that?

Jaimecbr900
11-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Yes, as long as you get enough to pay it off and the buyer is willing to agree to wait to get the title.

Justin.
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes, just have the new owner make the check out to suzuki finance for the amount you sold the bike for, they will release the title to them and cut you a check for how much over that they paid.

ruah_23
11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes, just have the new owner make the check out to suzuki finance for the amount you sold the bike for, they will release the title to them and cut you a check for how much over that they paid.

The thing is I'm selling it lesser than the amount I owed..so the only solution is he's gonna have to wait till I pay it off to get the title??

morticianzx7
11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't do that, cause what if you didn't pay.

Smittie61984
11-14-2007, 03:54 PM
The thing is I'm selling it lesser than the amount I owed..so the only solution is he's gonna have to wait till I pay it off to get the title??

Suzuki only cares about the money and they are not gong to release the title until they get hte payoff.

I think what needs to happen is for you to write up a bill of sale and give it to the buyer. Put all the bike info on there including your information and his. Don't forget to sign it. That bill of sale is proof that the bike belongs to him. Once his check clears and you pay off the bike Suzuki sends you the title then you tranfer it to him.

I think that's how it goes down.

Gutling
11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Except if he doesnt pay off the bike, then they go and repo it from the dude he sold it too. You never buy something from someone with a lien on it. Suzuki dont care about a bill of sale, b/c you really dont have the right to sell it since its technically "suzukis" property until paid off and they sign the title into your name.

Xlr8sheng35
11-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Except if he doesnt pay off the bike, then they go and repo it from the dude he sold it too. You never buy something from someone with a lien on it. Suzuki dont care about a bill of sale, b/c you really dont have the right to sell it since its technically "suzukis" property until paid off and they sign the title into your name.

^^ Agreed. The bike technically does not belong to you while you have a lien out on it. Also, keep in mind that the new owner will not even be able to register the bike until this is taken care of.