PDA

View Full Version : HOSE CLAMPS???

Killer
11-13-2007, 03:52 PM
what are the best kinda hose clamps??

like coolant hoses...

there are like 3 damn kind on my monter.. i replaced the hoses and there is still a damn leak.. i know it's cause of the clamps....

there is the "spring/pliers" type... the kind that cross over each other and you pinch with pliers to open....

the kind that has a screw in it that you just tighten and it uses the thread on the metal band to tighten..

and another type that is a combination of both... the clamp itself crosses over itself.. but also a screw that actually pushes the clamp closed (not like the type i described before)

either way... these two particular hoses are the hardest things i've ever tried to get to on a car... they are on the back of the engine... and there is practically no space to get to them... with anything...

any suggestions.. or someone just want to be awesome enough to come fix it for me? i'm tired of the simplest of jobs turning into ridiculously retarded tasks....

chituntang
11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
The ones you see at the auto store are the weakest IMO. I heard the one with the spring is the best, but never used it.

JDM onlyy
11-13-2007, 10:08 PM
t bolt clamp is the best. but I think the screw one will work fine because you can just screw and make tighter. the pincher kinds suck if you have a thinner or thicker hose.

Killer
11-15-2007, 01:29 PM
t bolt clamp is the best. but I think the screw one will work fine because you can just screw and make tighter. the pincher kinds suck if you have a thinner or thicker hose.

go on?

AnthonyF
11-15-2007, 01:40 PM
^^t-bolt clamps but an even amount of pressure all the way around the hose and they dont cut into the hose.......reps? :)

t-bolt ftw....they look sexy too!

Killer, will you be using these clamps on radiator hoses? worm clamps will be fine for that. dont buy the ****ty advance or pep boys worm clamps. they are a little cheaper and tear into the rubber.

B0snian
11-15-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.bakerprecision.com/hoseclmp.htm

Heres some I used.

Init2winit
11-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Spring clamps leak. The ones that "screw"....or what I call worm gear clamps. There are cheaper ones that strip out, so stay away from them.

Killswitch Performance
11-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Worm clamps will work for Radiator and vacuum lines.

T Bolts for any IC piping.

Tyler

JITB
11-15-2007, 02:49 PM
u want clamps for good prices, go to a store taht specializes in the selling parts for diesle trucks, 18 wheelers/dump trucks and all that ****. you get a great deal on that stuff because they sell so much of it, and they have every kind of clamp available!