PDA

View Full Version : For the lancers (non-evo) out there

SandM
03-16-2005, 06:38 AM
ok, as i have noticed in our "lovely" car, there is a sh^t-ton of body roll. (in fact, the body roll caused me to crash once) the good news is, to make the car handle a whole lot better it is fairly inexspensive.

1. the car needs to be dropped. i have ridden with my stock wheels and my 17's and wheels arent a total must. but the center of gravity sits too high. i am using sprint springs (1.8") and the difference is good.

2. a big help is strut bars. many companies make them and they are fairly inexspensive. they stiffen up our car and take away some of that body roll. there are a few companies; DC Sports, Road Race Motorsports, and i got mine of EBay from XO2 racing.

3. i am quite sure that sway bars will also improve a lot, but i havnt tried them yet.

good luck,
Paul

yudalicious
03-16-2005, 12:28 PM
correction, you're inexperience in driving caused you to crash, not body roll.
2nd correction: non of those will help handling alot, try a set of better tires and a set of better shocks.

Dragonfly5338
03-16-2005, 05:15 PM
uhh.. no, he's right. i drove a rental lancer es and the body roll was insane. i have never felt out of control in a car going around a curve before... at 30mph. tray can vouch for it as well, he drove it too, lol.

yudalicious
03-16-2005, 08:37 PM
uhh.. no, he's right. i drove a rental lancer es and the body roll was insane. i have never felt out of control in a car going around a curve before... at 30mph. tray can vouch for it as well, he drove it too, lol.

if 30 mph corners is all a lancer (or any car for that matter) can take before it crashes then you're either retarded cuz you're still trying to go that fast or you have bigger balls than most people.

Dragonfly5338
03-17-2005, 02:49 PM
considering i'm a girl, i probably don't have bigger balls than most people. and the car flopped like a fish around one curve, then i made it behave after that.

yudalicious
03-18-2005, 06:52 PM
considering i'm a girl, i probably don't have bigger balls than most people. and the car flopped like a fish around one curve, then i made it behave after that.
glad you made it behave, but if its the body roll that caused the accident then my friend who also drives one would probably have had more accidents than you, ditto for anyone else that drives one...

SandM
04-01-2005, 06:43 AM
and when i got into my accident, i was doing 60 and had to do a drastic maneuver to miss the car in front of me. val knows the badness of the lancers. and, the mods that i have listed have actually reduced body roll and stiffened up the suspension.

yudalicious
04-06-2005, 05:02 PM
not trying to pick on you, but even with those mods, the accident probably couldn't have been avoided... I see too much of "if you upgrade your suspension you'll magically drive better", and I firmly believe its easier to crash, especially for most inexperienced drivers with "stiffer" suspension... the weight transfer isn't as obvious and is usually faster and sometimes its alot easier to lose control.

SandM
04-08-2005, 06:22 AM
no, my point is not that these mods will make you a better driver, my lancer is honestly a stiffer car because of these. when i lowered the car, i reduced the center of gravity. with the strut tower bars, the car doesnt flex as much. i am able to accelerate more in the turns and can get a better exit speed. as for the accident part, im not saying that now, with what i have, it can be avoided, but next time (if there is one), i have a better chance.

SandM
04-08-2005, 06:23 AM
plus, i have decided to run the 40 series tires on the front (original size), then to add a little more flex, on the back i have a ventura 50 series. back end doesnt want to slide as much. grips better too.... stupid exocet tires.

green91
04-10-2005, 08:29 PM
wanna race

SandM
04-13-2005, 06:34 AM
i will stomp you in a race! my lancer is the fastest on the road. i have 4 turbos. :2up:

green91
04-13-2005, 10:55 AM
lol im just talkin shit. hows work

SandM
04-14-2005, 06:26 AM
ooohh... how funny... it seems that i forgot to log off the computer and some one of my fellow workers edited my post.... but. damn funny either way.

green91
04-14-2005, 06:32 AM
haha