PDA

View Full Version : Group Ridding and Hand Signals

BORICUACIVICR
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I know allot of us like to get a group together to ride with once in a while, and had notice that some do not now the basics of group ridding as I notice a few weeks ago when I took part on an organized charity ride. As we rode thru back roads where there were tight turns, some of the riders next to me rode to close to me even on tight turns, one guy even passed me in the inside of a soft right shoulder. Others got really close behind me, and noticed the accordion effect. There were passing going on all the way to our destination. So I thought it would help to post this link which will take you to the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) Group Ridding tips and Hand signals. As I went thru it I also learn new things, so I know every body here can benefit from it, no matter how long you've been riding.

http://msf-usa.org/downloads/Group_Ride.pdf

You can also visit the MSF website for great Safety and training information.

www.msf-usa.org

Ride safe.

Grimm Reeper
11-13-2007, 05:56 AM
It's sad, but you got those people who are *so called Pro-Riders* who feel like they don't deserve to be in the back with the rest of the crowd and feel like its necessary to show out and take the lead, cockiness like that I can't do because I never ride to close to someone I never rode with before because I don't know how they'll react to any situation.

GIXXERDK
11-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I've noticed that every group of riders has there own way to signal, its like a universal language and not hard to pick up on. It would be great though if we all had the knowledge of the link you posted.. I had my share of bad group riding, and it sucks

BORICUACIVICR
11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey guys, today I was at the Alpharetta's HONDA RIDER EDUCATION CENTER, taking an advanced riding coarse. It's a 1/2 day course taught by true professional motorcycle coaches. I thought I new just about everything there is to know about ridding and safety, but taking this coarse has really helped me in becoming a better rider and safer one at that. I strongly suggest that if you can, take this coarse, like me, it will help you become a better rider or better put, a more educated rider.

I feel as if I am allot better rider when I left the training then when I went in this morning. Now when I act a fool I at least have more of an advanced technique to get me out of trouble than I did before. Of course, a good ride is one that would use good judgment in order to avoid getting in trouble in the first place.

Anyways if more of us would take these kinds of trainings we would all be better and safer riders for it, especially when it comes to group ridding.

Mk3Jesse
11-18-2007, 12:27 AM
most groups i have rode with the "high Beam" signal is actually used to say "COP AHEAD"

SV650S
12-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Yea most of those me an my group already use except for the blinkers an such we have flashing lights for that.....but everyone needs to learn the basics.....

dvpjdm
09-11-2012, 12:23 AM
most groups i have rode with the "high Beam" signal is actually used to say "COP AHEAD"

Downtown and a lot of other places the sign is tapping the top of your helmet when you're in a group and see cops.