PDA

View Full Version : Quick pix of lake lanier

Jimmy B
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
these were taken with my phone, so they ARENT good quality.. ill take some more with a good camera soon..

its SOOO low....
and yes, that bouy IS out of the water..

Julio
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Hell yeah, if it continues like this, we may see some cars down there... lol

Thighs
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
**** the mussels...

Wurm
11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
its still high enough to wakeboard

Jimmy B
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
i have heard you can see some of the parts of buildings already..

it IS hight enough to wakeboard, but i wouldnt want to, if you fall, you just might hit a stump or the ground! lol

TRDwasiq
11-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Hell yeah, if it continues like this, we may see some cars down there... lol hell yeah i am like 2 mins away frm the lake.. water is goin... idk where haha

cobalt9123
11-12-2007, 08:41 PM
to the ****ing mussels..idk whether to eat them all or not eat any? boycott? outeat? lol/

Mr. Clean
11-12-2007, 09:23 PM
man this whole thing sucks a ****. water doesn't disappear. just let us close the damn for a freaking day, we would retain billions of gallons of water. i dont know, i've been trying to listen to the news and the one thing that i have pulled out of it is that its not really a human problem... we are in a drought. period. yes the core took too much water but the main issue is the drought. so as long as we stay fairly proactive and just wait for the rain, it will all go away. most of the blaming is just us trying to rationalize the weather. its never the weather right?

honda_ftw
11-12-2007, 09:25 PM
that sucks

imbosile
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
man this whole thing sucks a ****. water doesn't disappear. just let us close the damn for a freaking day, we would retain billions of gallons of water. i dont know, i've been trying to listen to the news and the one thing that i have pulled out of it is that its not really a human problem... we are in a drought. period. yes the core took too much water but the main issue is the drought. so as long as we stay fairly proactive and just wait for the rain, it will all go away. most of the blaming is just us trying to rationalize the weather. its never the weather right?

I can definitely see that argument, but at the same time we, humans, made the dam. If it hadn't been for us that lake most likely would not have even been there, so it's pretty hard to prove right or wrong.

Mr. Clean
11-12-2007, 09:28 PM
that sucks

http://www.mustardseedinc.org/images/front/20061012a.jpg

thanks for your intelligent input

Mr. Clean
11-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I can definitely see that argument, but at the same time we, humans, made the dam. If it hadn't been for us that lake most likely would not have even been there, so it's pretty hard to prove right or wrong.

i guess to argue my point about closing the damn, i heard a good point on the news about the damn. they said that the damn was created to create this lake, yes. but we have no more right to that water than anyone else does down stream. so therefore we have to let just as much water out as we do in so in theory we should never lose water unless we are in drought, and we have to deal with the situation and not be selfish.

Blitanicle99
11-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Yep alatoona is the lowest its ever been. I dont have water infront of my dock. Im in a cove that goes back atleast another half mile. Thats not good.

andyman
11-13-2007, 01:26 AM
i don't think ga gets a lot of water in the colder months right?

thats what i always thought. so if this is the case, then we are ****ed!

sr98219
11-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Their having the same problem in Alabama. Our dock at Lake Weiss is completely out of the water exept for one post and that's only cuz a creek runs right in front of it but on the other side of the creek there is grass growing

Whiteboy™
11-18-2007, 02:15 PM
i wanna see some of the buildings :)
trip to the lake anyone?

ttman
11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
looks like fun to go there.