PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist, discussion please

Papa_Smurf
11-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Has anyone ever watched/heard of this movie? It is really crazy, touches on ideas about Christianity, 911, and other goverment "regulated" events.

on the surface, this movie sounds realy stupid, but it actually makes you think.

If anyone has seen it then please discuss what you think about the movie.

The part i liked the best was the end, where they started talking about the RFID chip. They go on to say that every human will eventually be micro chipped, and that by May 2008 you will be required to carry around a federal ID card that will be equipped with a tracking module that will use radio frequencies to track your every move, and that this is allready in the new american passports.

^ that is pretty scary :yes:.

anyway, if you choose to watch it or if you have watched it, please vocie your opnion about the various topics discussed. it's an interesting movie that questions your idea's and beliefs, and is definatly interesting to say the least.

Papa_Smurf
11-12-2007, 01:29 AM
oh yea, here's a link to the movie:

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

81911SC
11-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Wrong section.

man
11-12-2007, 01:39 AM
All this does is scare everyone. Do you know what the RFID chip is for? Do you understand it's capabilities? No more credit cards or drivers licenses, huge drop in theft rates... And people still have the nerve to think the government really cares about their phone calls. No wonder the rest of the world thinks Americans are stupid.

RandomGuy
11-12-2007, 01:53 AM
i mean the smashing pumpkins are pretty cool and all but I dont see where the controversy is coming from

lolol

TheSnail
11-12-2007, 01:55 AM
I have not seen the movie nor clicked on any links to get an idea, but Christian missionaries destroy peoples way of life of thousands of years, with mainly food, Christian based schooling and money to 3rd world countries, they lure people to convert or they cut off the ties. I had one of these douche bags kicked off the premises by the police not too long ago. Religion is fine, Its fine people have beliefs but the extremists (missionaries) that try to convert other people deserve nothing other then concentration camps and gas chambers.

Papa_Smurf
11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
^^^ it doesn't say anything about other religions, it just points out the similarities between the Christian religion and religious figures that egyptians worshiped. they have alot of things in common, such as being born on dec 25th, starting their religious work at the age of 30, being killed, re-birth after 3 days, etc.

cant think of all of the things now because i just woke up, but you get the point.

and no, i'm not saying that Christianity is false,fake, or made up, i am just saying this movie is interesting and shows a different unique perspective on things.

Spektrewing386
11-12-2007, 12:23 PM
i think the people that made that are a bit paranoid. There is this 50 year old lady where I work who has full blown doctor diagnosed Paranoid Personality Disorder. shes ****ing crazy. She keeps talking about how shes on the internet and government TV videos wearing a monkey suit with them telling her to do weird things. How the government has been giving her serious problems for the past 34 years. She says the government uses satelites to read her license plate and track her. About every day she'll say "I cant believe how corrupt the government is." when a customer's coupon doesnt work she'll freak out and start making a scene on how the customer is part of this "group" that follows her around for the past 34 years, following her across the country JUST to harass her. She thinks that shes on some sort of Truman Show and that people who are wearing Blue Tooth devices are actually recording her conversation. She talks to customer's children asking them "have you seen me on the government TV?" shes chassed quite a few customers out of the store on suspicion they are there just to give her trouble. she keeps claiming that people break into her house and steal things. She doesnt know what giving someone the middle finger looks like so if your pointing to something with your index finger, or have any finger raised by itself she'll acuse you of flipping her off, even if you are using your index finger to help you read some text on paper. She is super paranoid about the government and police agencies. She doesnt take her medication on the weekends and it gets real bad sometimes.

Papa_Smurf
11-12-2007, 01:54 PM
^^^ lololololol

old paranoid people FTL

bu villain
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
All this does is scare everyone. Do you know what the RFID chip is for? Do you understand it's capabilities? No more credit cards or drivers licenses, huge drop in theft rates... And people still have the nerve to think the government really cares about their phone calls. No wonder the rest of the world thinks Americans are stupid.

Personally I would rather carry around a credit card and drivers license than allow the government to implant me with a chip. But maybe thats just me.

You don't think the government cares about your phone calls? Then why have they publicly admitted to demanding millions of phone records from the phone companies and written it into the Patriot Act?

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither" -Ben Franklin

man
11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
You don't think the government cares about your phone calls? Then why have they publicly admitted to demanding millions of phone records from the phone companies and written it into the Patriot Act?

And....? Do you really care? Do you share your plot to take over the world on your phone?

And before you throw quotes, maybe you should stop listening to your propaganda.

The original quote is as such "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
There is also no evidence that it was said by Franklin.

Bballjamal
11-12-2007, 04:38 PM
i think the people that made that are a bit paranoid. There is this 50 year old lady where I work who has full blown doctor diagnosed Paranoid Personality Disorder. shes ****ing crazy. She keeps talking about how shes on the internet and government TV videos wearing a monkey suit with them telling her to do weird things. How the government has been giving her serious problems for the past 34 years. She says the government uses satelites to read her license plate and track her. About every day she'll say "I cant believe how corrupt the government is." when a customer's coupon doesnt work she'll freak out and start making a scene on how the customer is part of this "group" that follows her around for the past 34 years, following her across the country JUST to harass her. She thinks that shes on some sort of Truman Show and that people who are wearing Blue Tooth devices are actually recording her conversation. She talks to customer's children asking them "have you seen me on the government TV?" shes chassed quite a few customers out of the store on suspicion they are there just to give her trouble. she keeps claiming that people break into her house and steal things. She doesnt know what giving someone the middle finger looks like so if your pointing to something with your index finger, or have any finger raised by itself she'll acuse you of flipping her off, even if you are using your index finger to help you read some text on paper. She is super paranoid about the government and police agencies. She doesnt take her medication on the weekends and it gets real bad sometimes.

Address to workplace and name of lady please!!!

Bballjamal
11-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Bump, I like this movie

2turbo4u
11-18-2007, 07:42 PM
I am glad people are talking about this a bit, I posted the link a few weeks ago and left it at that. Good to see people learning more about what happening around them as their civil liberty are getting taking away.

Bballjamal
11-18-2007, 08:03 PM
^^ I've had a few people throwing good convo's at me on facebook/myspace about it. Good stuff

yerrow
11-18-2007, 08:55 PM
^^^ it doesn't say anything about other religions, it just points out the similarities between the Christian religion and religious figures that egyptians worshiped. they have alot of things in common, such as being born on dec 25th, starting their religious work at the age of 30, being killed, re-birth after 3 days, etc.

cant think of all of the things now because i just woke up, but you get the point.

and no, i'm not saying that Christianity is false,fake, or made up, i am just saying this movie is interesting and shows a different unique perspective on things.

the original celebrated b-day of jesus chris is january 6. it was moved to dec. 25 by constantine to be in-line with a holy pagan day worshipping the sun which at the time the roman empire was still split between christianity and pagan's ( not the devil pagan, but sun worship...sol invictus)

DrivenMind
11-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Organized religion is an all profit business, and a generalized plague upon human society.

mad3nch1na
11-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Has anyone ever watched/heard of this movie? It is really crazy, touches on ideas about Christianity, 911, and other goverment "regulated" events.

on the surface, this movie sounds realy stupid, but it actually makes you think.

If anyone has seen it then please discuss what you think about the movie.

The part i liked the best was the end, where they started talking about the RFID chip. They go on to say that every human will eventually be micro chipped, and that by May 2008 you will be required to carry around a federal ID card that will be equipped with a tracking module that will use radio frequencies to track your every move, and that this is allready in the new american passports.

^ that is pretty scary :yes:.

anyway, if you choose to watch it or if you have watched it, please vocie your opnion about the various topics discussed. it's an interesting movie that questions your idea's and beliefs, and is definatly interesting to say the least.

i have seen it before and i concluded that it is simply retarded. some of the things they say are just plain wrong. people now days... what can you do about them.

Spektrewing386
11-19-2007, 09:31 AM
yeah just because they say its happening doesnt mean its actually true. Just like my paranoid co-worker (who was recently fired because her disorder was scaring customers). People like her could be the director of those movies.