PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who went to ImportFace Off

-S Double C-
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
How'd you do at the track? And did you like it? It sucked for me. I was shooting for mid 12's but the best i got was 12.9 at 116mph with a ****ty 2.4 60ft. (18's and street tires FTL!) My other runs was two 13.3's and a 13.4. Overall it was a pretty good event but it took to long to get in and to run. I think i waited a hour and a half to get in. And then there was times i waited an hour or a little more to run.

chituntang
11-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Need to lose those 18s. But those are not bad times.

Elbow
11-12-2007, 10:44 AM

jk

B18c1Turboed
11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
11.2 at 139mph on 19psi!!

Oh and I won 2nd place in FWD class!!!

-S Double C-
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM

yeah i wanna drop down to 17's for DD but i was a set of stock se rims for the strip with some slicks or drag radials.

cdhtang
11-12-2007, 03:04 PM
+1, 18s are more likely for show or for DD if you prefer. get some 16 or 17 and put some drag tire on. Look to see your new times.

-S Double C-
11-12-2007, 11:37 PM
+1, 18s are more likely for show or for DD if you prefer. get some 16 or 17 and put some drag tire on. Look to see your new times.

yep...im still on an open differential too :( Once i got a daily driver im gonna weld it.

TS240
11-13-2007, 01:23 PM
How'd you do at the track? And did you like it? It sucked for me. I was shooting for mid 12's but the best i got was 12.9 at 116mph with a ****ty 2.4 60ft. (18's and street tires FTL!) My other runs was two 13.3's and a 13.4. Overall it was a pretty good event but it took to long to get in and to run. I think i waited a hour and a half to get in. And then there was times i waited an hour or a little more to run.

Pretty good times.:goodjob:

Off Topic: Ur sig says ur running 20psi, did u change out the stock head gasket? I heard it was only good to about 15-18 psi. Just curious Im building an SR myself, Ill understand if you don't wana share ur setup.

-S Double C-
11-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Pretty good times.:goodjob:

Off Topic: Ur sig says ur running 20psi, did u change out the stock head gasket? I heard it was only good to about 15-18 psi. Just curious Im building an SR myself, Ill understand if you don't wana share ur setup.

nope whole motor is stock..just a couple of bolt ons. I only run 20lbs if i run for money or run somthing i think will get me...i was running about 11-14lbs at the track depending on what gear i was in. I think my turbo is about to take a dump on me so im about to upgrade to an Forced Performance 20g. Also im running a stock o2 housing and crush bent 3 inch down pipe and exhaust so it's robbing me of horsepower. I talked to guy with a simalar setup but his was tuned and he had lsd, drag radials, and a better exhaust setup and he was only running 13.4's and 13.5's. On 18lbs. :thinking:

TS240
11-13-2007, 02:01 PM
nope whole motor is stock..just a couple of bolt ons. I only run 20lbs if i run for money...i was running about 11-14lbs at the track depending on what gear i was in.

Thanks, Im getting an 89 next week with a rebuilt redtop with blacktop pistons, so I was curious just how hard I can push it when its broke in. Its my 3rd 240 but my first sr so Im kinda a noob.

-S Double C-
11-13-2007, 02:05 PM
ive got a stock red top and so far so good. My compression was 175 across the board and i have yet to see another motor with as high or perfect compression number. Most say there's are low 160's or lower.

TS240
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
I'll have to do a compression test next week, its being rebuilt by Dereck at Lethal Injection Tuning so hopefully it should turn out well.

Oh yeah, Its nice to see another 240 guy thats into drag racing instead of sliding their car into a tree. :goodjob:

cdhtang
11-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Don't do weld diff, I think it is better for you to source a vlsd, hlsd, or even buy a real lsd. I am not a friend of weld diff, you spent the money on the car already, why not spend a little more on the diff.

-S Double C-
11-13-2007, 05:08 PM
I'll have to do a compression test next week, its being rebuilt by Dereck at Lethal Injection Tuning so hopefully it should turn out well.

Oh yeah, Its nice to see another 240 guy thats into drag racing instead of sliding their car into a tree. :goodjob:

well my car is actually set up for drift so it doesnt like going in a straight line one bit and the old owner was sponsered by JIC but tires is too damn much money to be drifting plus it not as fun to me as drag racing. But the way my car is setup i could drift or drag it with a few adjustments on the suspension.

TS240
11-13-2007, 08:03 PM
well my car is actually set up for drift so it doesnt like going in a straight line one bit and the old owner was sponsered by JIC but tires is too damn much money to be drifting plus it not as fun to me as drag racing. But the way my car is setup i could drift or drag it with a few adjustments on the suspension.

Nothing against drifting, its just not my thing. If you have a 240 people assume you drift or are atleast into drifting. Who knows 3 yrs from now I could be all about drifting I use to into it like it 3 or 4 yrs ago before it was the latest ricer fad. Drag racing is what got me interested in cars and nothing gives me that same kinda rush i get when Im snatching gears.

Z U L8R
11-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Nothing against drifting, its just not my thing. If you have a 240 people assume you drift or are atleast into drifting. Who knows 3 yrs from now I could be all about drifting I use to into it like it 3 or 4 yrs ago before it was the latest ricer fad. Drag racing is what got me interested in cars and nothing gives me that same kinda rush i get when Im snatching gears.

AMEN! :goodjob: couldn't have said it better