PDA

View Full Version : Misc 360 vs. PS3 (Post Halo 3)

On_Her_Face
11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Ok so just to see what peoples thoughts are now, after all this hype has died down from halo 3. where do you stand? did halo 3 live up to the hype (in your own opinions)? Why do you own one system over the other?

OneSlow5pt0
11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
still 360>PS3

it will be 360s market on till games like GT,Socom,MGS,killzone and FF come out

_Christian_
11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
i like the 360 better than ps3. even though the 360 is about as reliable as a british car. halo 3 was way over hyped. it's a cool game, but i dont like the gameplay compared to halo 2. it's much slower paced, too many textures, no auto aim, and most importantly the br is garbage. no bxr, bxb, bxl, rrx, ect. the physics are similar to halo 2 and it has awesome new vehicles, some neat weapons, new maps, better graphics and thats about it. halo 3 is still a good game and i like it, but i though it was going to be much better than it is.

AyeJaye
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
yay to xbox 360 over ps3. nay to halo 3 bein that great. id rather play call of duty 4. more of a big people game :P

Turbo Terrance
11-12-2007, 12:01 AM
PS3 will never catch up to the 360....

Clegger
11-12-2007, 12:09 AM

and you will always be a moron:yes:

BuBBa DRiFT
11-12-2007, 12:31 AM
xbox 360 has the lead, it will be very difficult for PS3 to catch up.

The12lber
11-12-2007, 03:11 AM
still 360>PS3

it will be 360s market on till games like GT,Socom,MGS,killzone and FF come out

SOCOM won't move a statistically significant systems and neither will Final Fantasy.

Killzone hype may, but it is still likely it will be a mediocre flop in the vein of its predecessor.

The12lber
11-12-2007, 03:13 AM
and you will always be a moron:yes:
You'd have to be dumb or misinformed to think that more PS3s will find homes than 360s. Sorry.

OneSlow5pt0
11-12-2007, 06:43 AM
SOCOM won't move a statistically significant systems and neither will Final Fantasy.

Killzone hype may, but it is still likely it will be a mediocre flop in the vein of its predecessor.

FF will move alot in Japan..........and imo,SOcom is the best console online game ever...it was bout the only online game for PS2 that wasnt cross platform......i thought killzone one was pretty good,it had lot of good things goin for it...and i think the sequel will make a very good game for Sony's lineup..and u know theirs gonna be tons of Japanese RPGs coming out the wood work that will help move more units

The12lber
11-12-2007, 07:31 AM
FF will move alot in Japan..........and imo,SOcom is the best console online game ever...it was bout the only online game for PS2 that wasnt cross platform......i thought killzone one was pretty good,it had lot of good things goin for it...and i think the sequel will make a very good game for Sony's lineup..and u know theirs gonna be tons of Japanese RPGs coming out the wood work that will help move more units

I should have mentioned I was talking about the American market.

I don't say it this way to be a ****, but, SOCOM was only an above average game that didn't receive a lot of attention and Killzone was the defininition of mediocre.

Regardless of both of those facts, Sony can probably spin up the hype machine for Killzone, whether or not that will move any (statistically significant amount) of systems isn't really known, but it doesn't seem terribly likely to me.

360 has outsold PS3 in Japan before, so the misconception of Japan being "a giant Sony retailer" (yes, I know you didn't say this explicitly) is more and more outdated by the minute. That said, Sony does do well there.

JR VQ 30 de
11-12-2007, 07:37 AM
360 may have the lead on the amount of games sold but ps3 is a better system

xbox 360 has the lead, it will be very difficult for PS3 to catch up.

1000cckiller
11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
360 may have the lead on the amount of games sold but ps3 is a better systemThis **** is so funny, because ya'll keep raving about a system that has been out 2yrs longer, than the Ps3. Ps3 is on the rise and sales have been up 110% since 6 months after launch. 360 have been rapidly decline over the last couple of months. Ps3 has titles coming and the most impressive thing coming for ps3 right now will be home. 360 is a good system and stuff, but the resale value is low because they have overheating problems. I also have a 360, but lets get this straight once you buy all the extras it cost as much as a ps3. Extras like hd-dvd, fans remote, headset because the one that come with it sucks, you spend just as much or more than a ps3.

JITB
11-12-2007, 08:16 AM
for a gaming console, the 360 wins. honestly to me all that extra stuf taht does nothing for the actual game content, is useless. BEcause a console isnt meant for watching movies, its made for playing games. Thats what made the 360 so great, and the last year of the xbox so good also was because microsoft backs up its product so well and actually does what it says. Sony has a baaad track record with living up to what they say.

1000cckiller
11-12-2007, 08:25 AM
for a gaming console, the 360 wins. honestly to me all that extra stuf taht does nothing for the actual game content, is useless. BEcause a console isnt meant for watching movies, its made for playing games. Thats what made the 360 so great, and the last year of the xbox so good also was because microsoft backs up its product so well and actually does what it says. Sony has a baaad track record with living up to what they say.I would hope they back their product that always has problems. Consoles now have to bring something new to the table, its not all about playing games.

JITB
11-12-2007, 08:40 AM
I would hope they back their product that always has problems. Consoles now have to bring something new to the table, its not all about playing games.

true, but look at the Wii, it has none of what 360 and or ps3 has, and its selling jsut as good.. its always and always gonna be about playing games. all that extra stuff is just for bragging rights.

1000cckiller
11-12-2007, 08:42 AM
true, but look at the Wii, it has none of what 360 and or ps3 has, and its selling jsut as good.. its always and always gonna be about playing games. all that extra stuff is just for bragging rights.that **** is cheap. Also the wii has the internet, so that makes it more than a gaming console.

JITB
11-12-2007, 08:59 AM
that **** is cheap. Also the wii has the internet, so that makes it more than a gaming console.

the online was to download snes/nes/sega games, and to playonline.. And it just so happen that u can go on the internet with it. They did it smart, instead of throwing more **** into a gaming console, try to be innovative and change the game, which they did with the controllers. Keeping it what it is keeps the price down.. which is good for us, cheap systems with more innovative game playing..A++

To me the 360 improved on a great thing with the xbox live, whic gets better and better every update. And it didnt really add too much extra besides the media center, and the Hd dvd which was a attachment. If they had the hd dvd with the system it woudl have costs as much as the ps3 did at its release.

when ps3 showed its specs, everyone said ti was full of alot of useles things that had nothign to do with gaming, and it would eb its downfall which made the price so high.

DaMaGe ZWK
11-12-2007, 09:00 AM
360 FTW

DaMaGe ZWK
11-12-2007, 09:01 AM
lets make it a poll

Nemesis
11-12-2007, 09:08 AM
I have a 360, but I dont use it much. My PC can play all the new games out at full resolutions with no problems and high frame rates. Havent played Halo3 either, not a fan of the series. I do like Skate.

Hulud
11-12-2007, 09:13 AM
right now 360 > PS3

but as someone said before its cause its been out longer. so there are more games.

but the ps3 is a better system, yet sony wont make enough money to keep it up because of the bluray. sucks though.

The12lber
11-12-2007, 10:27 AM
360 may have the lead on the amount of games sold but ps3 is a better system

Sony's system has a superior processor but whatever gains are made here are cut short by the system's inferior GPU and amount of memory. Blu-Ray is a nice addition, but not critical this generation. What the two systems are capable of is pretty close to identical, this has been stated by developers and is a logical statement when considering both system's hardware.

The12lber
11-12-2007, 10:39 AM
right now 360 > PS3

but as someone said before its cause its been out longer. so there are more games.

but the ps3 is a better system, yet sony wont make enough money to keep it up because of the bluray. sucks though.

Acutally, it would be intelligible to state that Microsoft will always have higher quality games on its console as Microsoft developed better relationships to produce exclusive content with highly competent game developers like Bungie, Bioware, Irrational (now 2k), Silicon Knights, Epic Games, etc, as opposed to the mostly unremarkable developers producing content for PS3 (Guerilla Games, Ninja Theory, the one time developers of Rogue Squadron Factor 5).

1000cckiller
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Acutally, it would be intelligible to state that Microsoft will always have higher quality games on its console as Microsoft developed better relationships to produce exclusive content with highly competent game developers like Bungie, Bioware, Irrational (now 2k), Silicon Knights, Epic Games, etc, as opposed to the mostly unremarkable developers producing content for PS3 (Guerilla Games, Ninja Theory, the one time developers of Rogue Squadron Factor 5).omg go to sleep.

The12lber
11-12-2007, 10:43 AM
omg go to sleep.
If I didn't sleep it is news to me.

Hulud
11-12-2007, 10:45 AM
i love fanboys..... :rolleyes:

thats all this thread is, fanboys vs fanboys

The12lber
11-12-2007, 10:46 AM
i love fanboys..... :rolleyes:

thats all this thread is, fanboys vs fanboys
Not really, I could argue to you the superiority of the Wii over both of these consoles with factual information much like I used in relation to the 360.

Fanboyism is pejorative and typically refers to somebody who supports something irrationally.

Hulud
11-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Not really, I could argue to you the superiority of the Wii over both of these consoles with factual information much like I used in relation to the 360.

Fanboyism is pejorative and typically refers to somebody who supports something irrationally.
i forgot trying to justify a system that dies is rational....

i mean dont get me wrong, i have a 360, i love it

but arent we just arguing on a better system? or are we taking into account of the costs/games/etc...?

1000cckiller
11-12-2007, 10:50 AM

Fanboyism is pejorative and typically refers to somebody who supports something irrationally.you was posting from sites, no one cares about.

The12lber
11-12-2007, 10:51 AM
i forgot trying to justify a system that dies is rational....

i mean dont get me wrong, i have a 360, i love it

but arent we just arguing on a better system? or are we taking into account of the costs/games/etc...?
New 360s don't have an abnormally high failure rate.
That said, in the context of this thread I would assume the later as the topic origin mentions Halo 3 hype etc etc.

The12lber
11-12-2007, 10:53 AM
you was posting from sites, no one cares about.
Actually I was refering to what I said about the game developers. Regardless, I think it is hilarious that you would attempt to argue the superiority of something based solely on your nuanced opinion about it.

You can't argue something based solely on opinion, that doesn't work.

Hulud
11-12-2007, 10:54 AM
New 360s don't have an abnormally high failure rate.
That said, in the context of this thread I would assume the later as the topic origin mentions Halo 3 hype etc etc.
good point, this is true

but if we are talking money included on best system i would say 360

(because i got mine for $200, new with the HD) i love microcenter lol

because i cant justify spending 4-500 on a system that has no games that interest me (except for the ones on both platforms)

Hulud
11-12-2007, 10:55 AM
You can't argue something based solely on opinion, that doesn't work.
this is true, i will find myself arguing for **** i dont even believe in sometimes LOL

Hulud
11-12-2007, 10:57 AM
oh back to the original topic:

Halo3 was not a letdown to me, maybe because i didnt buy into all the hype. i love the game cause its a game i can drink and play and not get worse LOL

but i dont think it should have impacted 360 sales as much as it did. i love me some skate., cod4, and gow

Vteckidd
11-12-2007, 10:57 AM
LOL at you guys comparing apples to oranges.

Since you want to compare a SYSTEM THAT HAS OVER A YEAR (XBOX) ON PS3 , indulge me for a minute.

Lets compare LAST YEARS computers to THIS years computers!
Lets compare LAST YEARS TVs to THIS YEARS TVs!

The PS3 is just getting warmed up, and right now if your into GAMES, XBOX is definetly up there because they have had more time. But dont count PS3 out.

The12lber
11-12-2007, 10:59 AM

Since you want to compare a SYSTEM THAT HAS OVER A YEAR (XBOX) ON PS3 , indulge me for a minute.

The PS3 is just getting warmed up, and right now if your into GAMES, XBOX is definetly up there because they have had more time. But dont count PS3 out.

Bad parallel, not the same.
At all.

Hulud
11-12-2007, 10:59 AM

thats what WHAT_LAG said and i re-iterated a couple posts later

Vteckidd
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Bad parallel, not the same.
At all.
how is it not the same?

This years Computers have much better tech than last years
This years TVs have much better quality than last years

they both cost more than a year ago (for new units)

BuBBa DRiFT
11-12-2007, 11:08 AM
if you want to talk about success, lets talk about games. ps3 has none. and until they come out with a game that wont be published on the 360 as well, they will never catch up. blu ray was a gimmick to boost prices, and it failed. 360 has halo, gow, and all the upcoming games that are supposed to rock the boat. ps3 is getting some of them as well, but how many people are going to go out and buy a overpriced system to play a game that they can get on their 360 that they got for half the price, not to mention, they probably already have the numerous other games that were 360 only and loved them. the proof is in the pudding when it comes down to potential.

JITB
11-12-2007, 11:46 AM
how is it not the same?

This years Computers have much better tech than last years
This years TVs have much better quality than last years

they both cost more than a year ago (for new units)

if u want to put it taht way, than PS3 had the advantage, because microsoft released 360 a year before the ps3, Sony had a year to perfect it,and make sure it was better. That they put more stuff on it, but the approach with the ps3 was bad.. PS3 lost alot of its fanbase from its release and now, due to its stray away from the gamers. The developer even said "its not a gaming console its a entertainment center"

DemonEyez
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
if you want to talk about success, lets talk about games. ps3 has none. and until they come out with a game that wont be published on the 360 as well, they will never catch up. blu ray was a gimmick to boost prices, and it failed. 360 has halo, gow, and all the upcoming games that are supposed to rock the boat. ps3 is getting some of them as well, but how many people are going to go out and buy a overpriced system to play a game that they can get on their 360 that they got for half the price, not to mention, they probably already have the numerous other games that were 360 only and loved them. the proof is in the pudding when it comes down to potential.

ya know that everyone has an ******* right.. their likeopinions yada yada

you say we have no games..

u say u have halo and i played it and its pretty bad. sorry thats my opinion. you loving halo doesnt mean everyone does.

The playstation consoles havnt always had the best fps's but look around generally and they have the best games in other genre's.

And heavenly sword was a amazing game btw. i loved it and have played it over many times. RFOM was also alot more fun that halo 3 was.

Admittingly bioshock was also good, but pc hi!

ratchet and clank might be the most fun game ive ever played so far.

SO now. when developers are saying that the game you can buy on the ps3 and 360, will play better on the ps3... such as assasins creed, dmc4 etc. would you still buy em for your 360.. and in terms of over priced.. 399.99 for everything included = overpriced??? oh my.

and everyone who kept saying they delayed GTAIV cus of the ps3 the dev's just said it wasn't due to that reason.

hrmm.
everyones starting a thread on this and everyone putting out because i love halo everyone does and because i havnt played a single ps3 game they all suck. But ill say this. this time, next year the ps3 will CLEARLY be shown to be superior in quality, games, graphics, ai, etc.

P.S for the guy who always says that the ps3 has a inferior gpu due to having less memory, needs to read up on the ps3 and realize that the 360's gpu has x amount of memory and thats its. the ps3's gpu can share processing and memory witht he cell's SPE's and thus its memory isn't limited to the 256. thanks. Aka if needed it has alot more memory. and even when not needed so far.. they say games are gonna look better starting with AC.

OneSlow5pt0
11-12-2007, 11:49 AM
i all got to say is i will never buy another MS console.....mine broke 5 times,yet my PS2 is still going strong since launch

Tarzanman
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
As far as 3rd party games, I would say that Xbox 360 has more games... but most of the good ones come out for both consoles (lego star wars, call of duty 4, rock band, etc).

As far as exclusives, Xbox360 has the edge right now, but they probably won't hold on to it after this coming year. Pretty much everyone who wants a 360 is able to afford one and already has one. The PS3 still hasn't reached market saturation because of its price point.... but the falling prices are going to make a lot of people (Xbox360 owners included) curious.

I can't predict the future based on only 1 full xmas season for PS3... but I think that PS3 and Xbox 360 will end up remaining even.

OneSlow5pt0
11-12-2007, 01:30 PM
As far as 3rd party games, I would say that Xbox 360 has more games... but most of the good ones come out for both consoles (lego star wars, call of duty 4, rock band, etc).

As far as exclusives, Xbox360 has the edge right now, but they probably won't hold on to it after this coming year. Pretty much everyone who wants a 360 is able to afford one and already has one. The PS3 still hasn't reached market saturation because of its price point.... but the falling prices are going to make a lot of people (Xbox360 owners included) curious.

I can't predict the future based on only 1 full xmas season for PS3... but I think that PS3 and Xbox 360 will end up remaining even.

but the WII will be the leader at the end....i think the WII will lead consoles sale this holiday season

On_Her_Face
11-12-2007, 01:54 PM
the wii is awesome if ur with friends... by yourself, screw it

On_Her_Face
11-12-2007, 01:56 PM
btw my opinion on this, is i need both to COMPLETELY fulfill my gaming "life" (lol i'm not really a game freak) but they both bring different things to the table. now which would i keep if i had to pick? it would definitly be xbox360, not because of graphics or the games. i like the way the controller feels better(i mean come on sony you've had that damn controller since ****ing ps1), the dashboard set up. online play is also a little more enjoyable too. so i guess i will have to decide xbox.

ZeD
11-12-2007, 02:01 PM
playstation is has and always will be better than xbox.

chituntang
11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I am with xbox360 on this one too. There is just more games available to xbox360 to PS3 that I wanted to play. Plus, if the game can play on a PS2 on the same time, why a PS3? Better graphic is one big factor, but the game play is the most important. The GT HD demo I played on PS3 is not way to compare to Xbox360's forza2 IMO, which is the type of games that I spend time to play.

VIP Style
11-12-2007, 02:05 PM
wrong, im sorry but the ps3 is better, look what happened to the xbox vs. ps2, the ps2 still has games in production while the xbox just died. the playstation boast longevity, just watch, time will tell. so i think what you meant to say was the xbox360 will not catch up to the playstation.

DemonEyez
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
just a quick note on those touting the wii.

i statistically it was above 60% of wii's arent being played

basically it was a fad. and continues to be one.
Like most have said here, if your alone the wii sucks bad. For a party its fun.

Hulud
11-12-2007, 04:40 PM
wrong, im sorry but the ps3 is better, look what happened to the xbox vs. ps2, the ps2 still has games in production while the xbox just died. the playstation boast longevity, just watch, time will tell. so i think what you meant to say was the xbox360 will not catch up to the playstation.
wow, this post you just made is F*CKING STUPID.

the xbox died because M$ moved on because enough people have bought the 360s (plus its older than ps3)

also sony hasnt moved on because not enough people have bought ps3s, cause if sony could afford to they would move on as well, they did that with the ps1 once enough people bought ps2s :goodjob:

Hulud
11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
playstation is has and always will be better than xbox.
give me a F
give me a A
give me a N
give me a B
give me a O
give me a Y

WHATS THAT SPELL?

On_Her_Face
11-12-2007, 04:52 PM
it spells hulud needs to get on CoD4?...

Hulud
11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
lol, are you on now?

im almost done with this ****ty paper, **** THE RAMAYANA!

On_Her_Face
11-12-2007, 05:00 PM
i'm having trouble getting connect to a game :(.. and i'm only lvl 7 still

Hulud
11-12-2007, 05:03 PM
how many games have oyu played?

ive played about 5 and im a level 5 i think

On_Her_Face
11-12-2007, 05:04 PM
i've played for about an hour online.. maybe hour and 30... it keeps saying the lobby is closed right before the game starts... WHAT THE ****

On_Her_Face
11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
ohh.. my router had to be resert lol

Hulud
11-12-2007, 05:11 PM
:doh:

Hulud
11-12-2007, 05:11 PM
im gonna get on now, but finish single player first

The12lber
11-12-2007, 06:22 PM
ya know that everyone has an ******* right.. their likeopinions yada yada

you say we have no games..

u say u have halo and i played it and its pretty bad. sorry thats my opinion. you loving halo doesnt mean everyone does.

Your opinion doesn't mean the majority doesn't rtard. It averaged high reviews and excellent critical comments, its a good game.

Sorry, I am not going to use your nuanced opinion alone as the barometer of what is good.

The playstation consoles havnt always had the best fps's but look around generally and they have the best games in other genre's.

Such as?

And heavenly sword was a amazing game btw. i loved it and have played it over many times. RFOM was also alot more fun that halo 3 was.

Okay, but on average Heavenly Sword got a 70% and RFOM got a high 80.

Admittingly bioshock was also good, but pc hi!

The vast majority of gamers don't have a PC that can run this. If you want to drop a few thousand dollars, sure.

ratchet and clank might be the most fun game ive ever played so far.

Okay, but most people thought it was just pretty good.

SO now. when developers are saying that the game you can buy on the ps3 and 360, will play better on the ps3... such as assasins creed, dmc4 etc. would you still buy em for your 360.. and in terms of over priced.. 399.99 for everything included = overpriced??? oh my.

I never said it was overpriced, what are you, insane?

If you can find comments from the Assassin's Creed developers that confirm what fine, but I find this to be an unlikely statement.

and everyone who kept saying they delayed GTAIV cus of the ps3 the dev's just said it wasn't due to that reason.

hrmm.
everyones starting a thread on this and everyone putting out because i love halo everyone does and because i havnt played a single ps3 game they all suck. But ill say this. this time, next year the ps3 will CLEARLY be shown to be superior in quality, games, graphics, ai, etc.

Okay, give me some kind of supporting evidence to back this claim. For example, show me some releases other than MGS4 that are being made by developers with good track records, etc, etc?

P.S for the guy who always says that the ps3 has a inferior gpu due to having less memory, needs to read up on the ps3 and realize that the 360's gpu has x amount of memory and thats its. the ps3's gpu can share processing and memory witht he cell's SPE's and thus its memory isn't limited to the 256. thanks. Aka if needed it has alot more memory. and even when not needed so far.. they say games are gonna look better starting with AC.

Actually, what I said was, the PS3 has an inferior GPU AND less memory.

More over, GPU "borrowing" memory from the core is an unreliable system.

If you're not going to post based on some kind of fact, don't post to begin with. Simply saying "WELL I THOUGHT <X> SUCKED AND <Y> RULED" in the context of an argument is lame.

www.Gamerankings.com (http://www.Gamerankings.com)

www.Metacritic.com (http://www.Metacritic.com)

Try it out.

Also, in regards to whoever was trying to parallel the consoles with old and new TVs etc, this is an unintelligble comparison because.
1)The quality of a television fully is defined by its hardware and associated technology.
2)A video game console is fully defined by its hardware (PS3 and Xbox 360, although being released a year apart, are highly comparable in this venue) and the software available for that console.
3)Xbox's earlier release date isn't an adequate explanation for the lack of quality exclusive releases on PS3, the lower quality of the exclusive content thus far released, the lack of quality games (based on evidence like developer track records/available funds/time etc) currently in development for the PS3 nor does it address the fact that Microsoft has developed relationships for exclusive content with more reputable developers.

NewGen33
11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
HOME is really cool. I personally prefer the PS3 over the 360. I don't plan on getting one until there major titles come out though.

NewGen33
11-12-2007, 07:55 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/891/891773.html

chrisdavis
11-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Actually, what I said was, the PS3 has an inferior GPU AND less memory.

More over, GPU "borrowing" memory from the core is an unreliable system.

Memory and Media

From a memory standpoint, both systems are roughly equal with about 512MB of memory dedicated to system and graphics. The Xbox 360 has Unified Memory Architecture that lets the CPU and GPU share the system's 512MB of memory. The PlayStation 3 on the other had has 256MB of XDR memory and 256MB of GDDR3 memory dedicated to graphics.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6125087/index.html?type=tech

antiv6
11-13-2007, 09:49 AM
xbox 360>ps3
I'm still not over halo 3 since i got it like two weeks ago, its fun as hell playing online with friends(still havnt gotten anywhere on single player). Im gonna buy need for speed prostreet tomorrow then eventually get cod4. Theres just way more good **** for xbox

4dmin
11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
i would still rather have 360 > PS3 (microcenter has premium systems for 229)... HALO 3 sucked ass; Orange Box FTW!!!

1000cckiller
11-13-2007, 10:28 AM
i would still rather have 360 > PS3 (microcenter has premium systems for 229)... HALO 3 sucked ass; Orange Box FTW!!!Booo, 360 is a hot box FTL= overheating.

The12lber
11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Booo, 360 is a hot box FTL= overheating.

That is fixed, we have been over this, yawn.

The12lber
11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Memory and Media

From a memory standpoint, both systems are roughly equal with about 512MB of memory dedicated to system and graphics. The Xbox 360 has Unified Memory Architecture that lets the CPU and GPU share the system's 512MB of memory. The PlayStation 3 on the other had has 256MB of XDR memory and 256MB of GDDR3 memory dedicated to graphics.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6125087/index.html?type=tech

Yeah, I'll concede this was a misunderstanding on my part and that this is true, I just looked it up now.

Schugg
11-13-2007, 07:35 PM

like you said its been fixed (key word there), atleast sony has enough patients to release their system knowing they are putting out a quality product unlike the 360 just trying to be on top (knowing in reality they never will), by getting their system out first, not giving a damn about if the POS will last more than a year. how hard is it to find out a system overheats, thats probably the easiest problem you could find in a system. thats also the biggest fact in stating that they were careless in testing their system, supporting the fact that they were careless in making them. yawn yawn yawn. only thing microsoft has ever made as far as games that is worth having is the original nintendo, ever since then they went to sh!t. probably cause sony came out and they were all playing that on their breaks at work

OneSlow5pt0
11-13-2007, 08:17 PM

between 11/24/05-9/15/07 mine wasnt fixed....i got tired of sending them back to MS so i got a new one and sold it,and bought a guitar...now ill problly get a PS3 this xmas

Clegger
11-13-2007, 08:39 PM
the wii is awesome if ur with friends... by yourself, screw it

Apparrantly you haven't played
Zelda Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy

You'd have to be dumb or misinformed to think that more PS3s will find homes than 360s. Sorry.

You know more PS3's are in more household in every country except USA right? And thats just right now. Wait until the big companies start dropping their games

KONAMI = CASTLEVANIA, METAL GEAR SOLID 4
CAPCOM = RESIDENT EVIL 5, STREET FIGHTER 4 (both will be on both systems but that just gives people more of a reason to get a ps3)
SQUARE-ENIX = KINGDOM HEARTS 3 BIRTH BY SLEEP, FINAL FANTASY XIII

talk to me next year when your wiping your tears off your xbox 360

oh yea, and what about PS2>XBOX and XBOX360 actually PSONE>XBOX and XBOX360 if your talking about successful game titles with storyline and overall fun factor, and music. The only thing that xbox, xbox360 have over the ps1 and ps2 are graphics

man
11-13-2007, 08:58 PM
talk to me next year when your wiping your tears off your xbox 360

It's always "next year"

Xbox 360 appeals to a much wider demographic than the PS3 which means more sales.

/thread

BB6dohcvtec
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM
It's always "next year"

Xbox 360 appeals to a much wider demographic than the PS3 which means more sales.

/thread

actually with the recent sales numbers i wouldn't be surprised if it would be next year. every month the ps3 sells are outgrowing 360

man
11-13-2007, 11:17 PM
actually with the recent sales numbers i wouldn't be surprised if it would be next year. every month the ps3 sells are outgrowing 360

Because everyone that wanted a 360 already bought them, it's been 2 years...

BB6dohcvtec
11-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Because everyone that wanted a 360 already bought them, it's been 2 years...

then what was the point of the previous post? you admit 360 has been out longer, which equals more sales. now if you go back from 360 year 1 and ps3 year one ps3 has moved more consoles. and how does 360 have a wider demographic?

AyeJaye
11-14-2007, 12:17 AM
wow. yall are lame. why are you guys arguing over which is better. who cares. just get whichever one you like better and shut the rest of that **** up.

man
11-14-2007, 01:18 AM
then what was the point of the previous post? you admit 360 has been out longer, which equals more sales. now if you go back from 360 year 1 and ps3 year one ps3 has moved more consoles. and how does 360 have a wider demographic?

The 360 appeals to those who normally wouldn't buy a gaming console. Ask any college student which one they have and you'll find out real quick. I only know a few people at school with a PS3, the hardcore gaming type. All other people (active types) have the 360. It's about 95% of the people I know, this is at GSU and I found the same to be true at GA Tech. The PS3 just hasn't captured the audience that the 360 has.

BB6dohcvtec
11-14-2007, 02:08 AM
The 360 appeals to those who normally wouldn't buy a gaming console. Ask any college student which one they have and you'll find out real quick. I only know a few people at school with a PS3, the hardcore gaming type. All other people (active types) have the 360. It's about 95% of the people I know, this is at GSU and I found the same to be true at GA Tech. The PS3 just hasn't captured the audience that the 360 has.

that makes 360 have a wider demographic because college kids in Atlanta have it?

BB6dohcvtec
11-14-2007, 02:09 AM
wow. yall are lame. why are you guys arguing over which is better. who cares. just get whichever one you like better and shut the rest of that **** up.

and your opinion matters because???

The12lber
11-14-2007, 05:03 AM
like you said its been fixed (key word there), atleast sony has enough patients to release their system knowing they are putting out a quality product unlike the 360 just trying to be on top (knowing in reality they never will), by getting their system out first, not giving a damn about if the POS will last more than a year. how hard is it to find out a system overheats, thats probably the easiest problem you could find in a system. thats also the biggest fact in stating that they were careless in testing their system, supporting the fact that they were careless in making them. yawn yawn yawn. only thing microsoft has ever made as far as games that is worth having is the original nintendo, ever since then they went to sh!t. probably cause sony came out and they were all playing that on their breaks at work

You are a moron who does not know which words are contextually correct or how to spell.

Microsoft made mistakes, get over it. So did Sony. In fact, the head of their gaming branch resigned over them. Cry more.

Schugg
11-14-2007, 11:31 AM
im a moron? ok, better then being a fuking geek, if you put as much time into having a life as you do in researching bs facts about systems and talking **** on here you might not be so lame. i dont need to take the time to spell right or use special words to get my point across. for one i dont give a damn, and to im not a nerd. im not crying i feel bad for you, go play with your study group.

The12lber
11-14-2007, 03:37 PM
im a moron? ok, better then being a fuking geek, if you put as much time into having a life as you do in researching bs facts about systems and talking **** on here you might not be so lame. i dont need to take the time to spell right or use special words to get my point across. for one i dont give a damn, and to im not a nerd. im not crying i feel bad for you, go play with your study group.

I was actually out all weekend, you don't need to be a nerd to not be an idiot.

I am going to let you in on a sekrut.

You don't have to invest a noteworthy amount of time in order to be somewhat informed, not regularly butcher the English language or generally not have to cover my own incompetence by accusing someone of not having a life because they called me a moron and it seems that they just might be right.

QQ.

Schugg
11-14-2007, 07:23 PM
I was actually out all weekend, you don't need to be a nerd to not be an idiot.

I am going to let you in on a sekrut.

You don't have to invest a noteworthy amount of time in order to be somewhat informed, not regularly butcher the English language or generally not have to cover my own incompetence by accusing someone of not having a life because they called me a moron and it seems that they just might be right.

QQ.

being out all weekend doesnt show anything? you could have been OUT all weekend at your friends drooling over the almighty power of the xbox! judging by how much you come up with you invest alot more than a noteworthy amount of time looking/making this stuff up. i really doubt im anywhere near butchering the english language, one why do i care if im butchering english and two you apparently havent been on these forums long if i look like the one doing the butchering. but then again you are a noob and you wouldn't know any better. and i havent had to cover my own incompetence for anything.

P.S. hope im not using to many fragment or run-on sentences for you. cause for being up someones ass about english and grammer so much, you sure the hell managed a massive sentence, wheres your punctuation, i know mines not right but thats because i dont care. but if your going to harass me about spelling and butchering english you better be perfect with yours.

The12lber
11-15-2007, 05:02 AM
being out all weekend doesnt show anything? you could have been OUT all weekend at your friends drooling over the almighty power of the xbox! judging by how much you come up with you invest alot more than a noteworthy amount of time looking/making this stuff up. i really doubt im anywhere near butchering the english language, one why do i care if im butchering english and two you apparently havent been on these forums long if i look like the one doing the butchering. but then again you are a noob and you wouldn't know any better. and i havent had to cover my own incompetence for anything.

P.S. hope im not using to many fragment or run-on sentences for you. cause for being up someones ass about english and grammer so much, you sure the hell managed a massive sentence, wheres your punctuation,

#1- I don't have to be perfect to point out that you are tearing things up.

#2-My punctuation was all the properly placed periods, question marks, etc.

i know mines not right but thats because i dont care. but if your going to harass me about spelling and butchering english you better be perfect with yours.

How long do you really think it takes to look at Gamerankings every few weeks because you were curious about how <x> game is shaping up in order to determine whether or not it is worth a buy!? (<-This is called an interrobang and is pretty much the greatest thing you can do with a keyboard)

I'll actually just tell you because you will probably not be able to figure it out. Less than a minute. There's a 1-10 list hiding behind an easy to find hyperlink. There are even pictures to increase visual appeal or in case you are on the threshold of retardation like yourself an dun reed gud.

The12lber
11-15-2007, 05:04 AM
P.S. hope im not using to many fragment or run-on sentences for you. cause for being up someones ass about english and grammer so much, you sure the hell managed a massive sentence, wheres your punctuation, i know mines not right but thats because i dont care. but if your going to harass me about spelling and butchering english you better be perfect with yours.

Being "up your ass about it" would be like getting upset over a misplaced semi-colon. You pretty much just chew up the language and spit it out into something barely comprehensible.

When you list things by using commas as a pause like I did, you can go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on without forming a run on sentence.

JUST AN FYI GOOD SIR.

DemonEyez
11-15-2007, 11:20 AM
sigh 12lber is still at it being a fanatic and bringing up false **** all the time.

p.s anyone see the crossplatform reviews of assasins creed?

ps3 > xbox360 basically what they said. Kinda like ive been saying. and its just the beginning.

Schugg
11-15-2007, 11:35 AM
yeah he doesnt give up and tries to pull in the fact that his better english makes him right.... i havent played that game, dont think ive even seen previews

DemonEyez
11-15-2007, 11:45 AM
yeah he doesnt give up and tries to pull in the fact that his better english makes him right.... i havent played that game, dont think ive even seen previews

its pretty damn fun. its not a smash n go type game tho so be prepared for some thinking. well.. you could try the smas n go tactic but the game is based around being sneaky n stealthy.

havnt beat it yet but most reviews say a good 15 hours outta the game at the very least.

good open large environments and just aout anything is scalable

The12lber
11-15-2007, 05:14 PM
sigh 12lber is still at it being a fanatic and bringing up false **** all the time.

p.s anyone see the crossplatform reviews of assasins creed?

ps3 > xbox360 basically what they said. Kinda like ive been saying. and its just the beginning.

You are right, I made those game reviews up and pulled the strings at all those different gaming publications. zzzzzz.

The12lber
11-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Really? I never said that. All I even insinuated was that your use of the English language as a cudgel was symptomatic of idiocy. Peace G

Schugg
11-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Really? I never said that. All I even insinuated was that your use of the English language as a cudgel was symptomatic of idiocy. Peace G

ahhhhhahaha looking at the stuff you say makes my day. be careful though, peace G probably isn't appropriate for your advanced vocabulary. if your friends see this they may be pretty disappointed.

11-15-2007, 07:37 PM
i would say 360>PS3

but let FFVII come out for PS3.... pwnge would be the only thing that will happen to xbox

The12lber
11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
ahhhhhahaha looking at the stuff you say makes my day. be careful though, peace G probably isn't appropriate for your advanced vocabulary. if your friends see this they may be pretty disappointed.
If me saying Peace G makes your day you are too easily entertained. It is interesting that you don't address anything I have to say relating to the topic though, instead you just attack my character without support or reason. If you have any means of discrediting the comparison of the quality of the game library between the 360 and the PS3 I invite you to offer it, otherwise you are still just an idiot.

Schugg
11-15-2007, 08:00 PM
If me saying Peace G makes your day you are too easily entertained. It is interesting that you don't address anything I have to say relating to the topic though, instead you just attack my character without support or reason. If you have any means of discrediting the comparison of the quality of the game library between the 360 and the PS3 I invite you to offer it, otherwise you are still just an idiot.

im not talking about the peace g, i was talking about your use of words no one else waste there time using. your the only person ive ever seen on these forums, the internet or anywhere who talks like that. which i guess when going in for a job interview at some high end place, doing a college speech or something it could be useful but not here. as for wasting my time trying to prove you facts everyone else already has.

pause everything about the xbox, like how long its been out and how many games and all that. then when the ps3 and all the games get to the same age period then we'll see.

DemonEyez
11-15-2007, 08:36 PM
im not talking about the peace g, i was talking about your use of words no one else waste there time using. your the only person ive ever seen on these forums, the internet or anywhere who talks like that. which i guess when going in for a job interview at some high end place, doing a college speech or something it could be useful but not here. as for wasting my time trying to prove you facts everyone else already has.

pause everything about the xbox, like how long its been out and how many games and all that. then when the ps3 and all the games get to the same age period then we'll see.

dont bother man. we've said it many times. many other places have said it many times. He just cant understand it.

hes just gonna spit out some big words, try and make himself look credible etc etc when really no one cares lol

back to topic. ps3 > 360 starting this holiday season game / fun wise.
ps3 > 360 always hardware wise.

crf150
11-15-2007, 08:36 PM
i dont know what this thread is about anymore but i like 360 for halo and stuff. but for car games ps3. i think gt5 would make me buy a ps3. then somebody can buy a g25 racing wheel for me b/c ill be broke.

DemonEyez
11-15-2007, 08:38 PM
i dont know what this thread is about anymore but i like 360 for halo and stuff. but for car games ps3. i think gt5 would make me buy a ps3. then somebody can buy a g25 racing wheel for me b/c ill be broke.

you know porsche is making a special edition steering wheel with clutch pedal and manual and auto shifter. comes with the same kinda leather on the wheel that the real porsche's get. you also get a "porsche key" lol 350 available at porsche dealerships.

crf150
11-15-2007, 08:43 PM
1000 bucks for ps3 and wheel for track days in you living room. worth it?

DemonEyez
11-15-2007, 09:03 PM
1000 bucks for ps3 and wheel for track days in you living room. worth it?

lol not for me. just thought i'd let you know tho

Schugg
11-15-2007, 10:08 PM
dont bother man. we've said it many times. many other places have said it many times. He just cant understand it.

hes just gonna spit out some big words, try and make himself look credible etc etc when really no one cares lol

back to topic. ps3 > 360 starting this holiday season game / fun wise.
ps3 > 360 always hardware wise.

haha, dont forget! all his websites that back him up.