PDA

View Full Version : Quick Microsoft Excel Help

VooDooXII
11-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm guessing this would go here, but either way...I need some help with Microsoft Excel.

I've created a bar graph from the values that I have on my spreadsheet. However the labels for each bar on the X-Axis have been preset to 1, 2, 3...etc. I want to change these labels to the name's that I have listed...how do I do that?

See screenshot for reference. The values I want to change are highlighted in red. The names that I want change them to are in the highlighted cells under "Gangstas"...haha don't ask about the chart data itself...it's the assignment, not my choice.

VooDooXII
11-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Can anyone help...please?

imbosile
11-11-2007, 01:08 PM
sorry i can't help, but i remember doing this assignment in highschool

what class is this for?

VooDooXII
11-11-2007, 01:08 PM
CS1371...hahahahaha. This is the "Computer Science" part outside of MATLAB.

imbosile
11-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Ah yeah I guess that's where I did it then, god I hated that class haha. I made a D in it. MATLAB is the sole reason why I switched from Engineering to Management.

VooDooXII
11-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Ah yeah I guess that's where I did it then, god I hated that class haha. I made a D in it. MATLAB is the sole reason why I switched from Engineering to Management.

I might be thinking about switching to STAC, even though everyone's bagging on me about it because "that's what all athletes do"...but people have told me that I'm a great writer, and as much as I'd like to go into designing cars, I'd very much like to go into journalism and write for a car magazine or something.

I don't know...I just need to stick it out for the rest of the semester and then I can relax and sort everything out.

imbosile
11-11-2007, 01:15 PM
I might be thinking about switching to STAC, even though everyone's bagging on me about it because "that's what all athletes do"...but people have told me that I'm a great writer, and as much as I'd like to go into designing cars, I'd very much like to go into journalism and write for a car magazine or something.

I don't know...I just need to stick it out for the rest of the semester and then I can relax and sort everything out.

Yeah I hate the whole "that's what all athletes do" bs, just because you may be smart enough to handle engineering doesn't mean that you necessarily should. Well good luck on your lab.

VooDooXII
11-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Maybe coming to Georgia Tech was a mistake...but no regrets there, because I actually wanted to come here. At least with "Science, Technology, and Culture"...it's not strictly journalism...it's how technology applies to culture, I guess.

Thanks man...still need the help though! Google isn't doing much for me...and the Paper Clip doesn't help at all.

VooDooXII
11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Okay seriously...someone on this site has to know what I'm talking about.

VooDooXII
11-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Alright! GOT IT!

Thank you IA for the life lesson...

"If you want something done right, you do it yourself."

...or moreso...thanks for helping me with figuring things out on my own.

changaroo
11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
lol i remember that assignment too... ahh what a *****.
my 1371 teacher was so terrible, i went to two lectures the whole semester. ended up learning everything from the half assed written book. god knows how i got a B in there.

gluck! i know exactly how u feel in taht damn class.

VooDooXII
11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Hah, thanks...the assigment's moving right along.

I feel worse for you...MATLAB + Calc II???

changaroo
11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
yep yep numerical methods test tomorrow. i dont know watf im doing! lolol. this is gonna be our last test before the final, and ive yet to pull above a 50 on a test. i so fawkd.

oh wells. i hope its curved in the end...

Andy_013
11-11-2007, 10:00 PM
change your source data

VooDooXII
11-11-2007, 10:41 PM
READ!

Alright! GOT IT!

:D