PDA

View Full Version : perfect jdm tilt for your exhaust

JDMJAYDC2
11-11-2007, 10:24 AM
im looking for a shop to put on a hks hi power on my ef hatch soon and wanted to know a good shop to give me a nice tilt i have seen some BAD jobs and dont want mine to look like that im on the southside but work and spend alot of time in marietta so any help would be great

Whiteboy™
11-11-2007, 10:25 AM
:no: you do not need a jdm tilt :no:

JDMJAYDC2
11-11-2007, 10:28 AM
shuddup!! i want one dammit did you get your mounts yet?

Whiteboy™
11-11-2007, 10:30 AM
mounts are in, just waiting for my poly inserts

Tech5
11-11-2007, 10:48 AM
:doh: lmk I know some one that is cool as ****,plus can do some welding,an exhaust work he has his own shop also, Pm me for his number , he's location is in Ellenwood,GA

dickdragon
11-11-2007, 11:05 AM
make it look like a hard on tilt. jdm tyte

Tech5
11-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Pm'ed

big mac
11-11-2007, 11:34 AM
go to mainstream performance in powder springs

JDMJAYDC2
11-11-2007, 11:37 AM
i wouldnt make it before they close!!

cdhtang
11-11-2007, 02:09 PM
you need to customize yours then, right? I think mainstream would do a great job, and they are nice people.

redrumracer
11-11-2007, 02:25 PM
why tilt unless it needs to be tilt for a straighter exhaust flow?

spacelion
11-11-2007, 02:26 PM
LOL@"jDmTiLt"

tru2nrtt777
11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
why tilt unless it needs to be tilt for a straighter exhaust flow?to collect rain so the base weld at the bottom of the muffler rusts through.

BTLFED
11-11-2007, 08:03 PM
why tilt unless it needs to be tilt for a straighter exhaust flow?

Exactly. The people these days have no clue. :rolleyes:

speedminded
11-11-2007, 08:11 PM
why tilt unless it needs to be tilt for a straighter exhaust flow?Exactly, one 45 degree angle is alot straighter not to mention less difficult to make then two 90 degree angles. I prefer running it straight out but that depends on the original exhaust and bumper design (side of outlet).

Plus having it at an angle can sometimes allows more ground clearance in the rear, if you're often trailering or towing the car that may be useful...

JITB
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
theres no correct way to have a tilted exh on a ef anyway

BTLFED
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
theres no correct way to have a tilted exh on a ef anyway

Wrong, but there is no one who will run it the correct way to do the "JDM tilt :rolleyes: " because it sacrifices some ground clearance. It would be ran just like the JDM RS*R exhaust on the DC2.

Nitro
11-11-2007, 08:50 PM
;) pm sent.........

bRiAnMcIvIcS
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Mainstream Performance!

JITB
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Wrong, but there is no one who will run it the correct way to do the "JDM tilt :rolleyes: " because it sacrifices some ground clearance. It would be ran just like the JDM RS*R exhaust on the DC2.

its gonna look really goofy...

have a exhaust running under the control arm, and allllllll the way over to the opposite side where the cutout in the bumper is for th exh. more power to u! :goodjob:

BTLFED
11-11-2007, 09:15 PM
its gonna look really goofy...

have a exhaust running under the control arm, and allllllll the way over to the opposite side where the cutout in the bumper is for th exh. more power to u! :goodjob:

You don't get it. The only reason an EF would NEED the tilt from a functional standpoint would be if it was ran like the JDM RS*R exhaust is ran on the DC2, which is under the gas tank.

Follow how the exhaust is ran on this car. It is under the gas tank. Less bends=more power.

http://weaksauceparts.com/weaksauce/featured/97teg/8.jpg

Grimm Reeper
11-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Jay why don't you want it straight back lol, you don't want to be in the same category as myself :cry:

Some friend you are :gay:

JITB
11-12-2007, 06:16 AM
You don't get it. The only reason an EF would NEED the tilt from a functional standpoint would be if it was ran like the JDM RS*R exhaust is ran on the DC2, which is under the gas tank.

Follow how the exhaust is ran on this car. It is under the gas tank. Less bends=more power.

oh i know all that, its obvious hes not goin for a need, hes goin for a look, but i see what u mean if he runs it without the last bend and go right under the tank. But its gonna scrape like crazy.. and like a guy said earlier, it will collect water, and rust on the first weld after the muffler...lol

i had the gangsta tilt on my pro, but i had to.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jitb37/complete002.jpg

id rock one of these type on the ef..
http://www.modvision.com/steve/tanabe_medalion_touring2.jpg

Glides
11-12-2007, 06:51 AM
to collect rain so the base weld at the bottom of the muffler rusts through.

Lol the best answer in here.

Glides
11-12-2007, 06:56 AM

No BTLFED, you know just as well as I do that no amount of power in a car makes you feel like a man unless your exhaust has a tilt. I mean damm man, this kid is reaching out to us on a base level as human beings, with his dreams and his weakness for all things JDM. We must embrace him, coddle him like a child and nurse this JDM fetish of his, support it as it were. Who are we to sh!t on his dream of a perfectly tilted exhaust pipe...:ninja:

Echonova
11-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Maybe I can help...

santacruz77
11-12-2007, 08:22 AM
lmao perfect diagram

jdm titls ftl

TicketRedBB6
11-12-2007, 08:41 AM
I've never seen a tilted exhuast on a hatch, usually just on drift cars. I can't imagine it looking too good, but if it's what you want go for it.

Glides
11-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Maybe I can help...

You didn't put the proper degree angles on it. No numbers. How is anyone supposed to know the exact and proper measurements to give to the Pep Boys pipe bender?

JDMJAYDC2
11-12-2007, 04:34 PM
lmao at this thread i really should have put my flamesuit on first! ok maybe i should have made it more clear of what i am looking for the above pic of NAIZBST's car is exactly what im trying to do i want the look that my apexi N1 catback has on my teg as far as the importance of the tilt or how much its tilted i could care less what some ppl on this board think of it or if it will rust out ive been to hella meets and seen clean cars with the "JDM TYTE" tilt and i personally like it as far as how it will look on my hatch i have seen that too.
I am clearly not going to have it to close so that it burns my bumper i want a evo look to it i guess its hard to explain what i want as i can point it out better with the exhaust in my hand than i can type it but i will post a pic to help with what i am trying to go for.

JDMJAYDC2
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
as you can see its a slight tilt and upwards angle that im looking for NAIZBST's car is exactly what i want now if you can point me in the direction of a shop that can do this then reps to you if not then i ask that you do not respond in this thread

BTLFED
11-12-2007, 05:04 PM
oh i know all that, its obvious hes not goin for a need, hes goin for a look, but i see what u mean if he runs it without the last bend and go right under the tank. But its gonna scrape like crazy.. and like a guy said earlier, it will collect water, and rust on the first weld after the muffler...lol

1) tell me how the exhaust in that pic is going to collect water. It sits under the bumper. I guess it may get a little in it on a windy, rainy day, but it's not like a puddle is going to form in the bottom.

2) A real exhaust that has the "JDM Tilt" like the one in the pic is Stainless. Stainless doesn't rust.

No BTLFED, you know just as well as I do that no amount of power in a car makes you feel like a man unless your exhaust has a tilt. I mean damm man, this kid is reaching out to us on a base level as human beings, with his dreams and his weakness for all things JDM. We must embrace him, coddle him like a child and nurse this JDM fetish of his, support it as it were. Who are we to sh!t on his dream of a perfectly tilted exhaust pipe...

Bahahahahaha!! Reps when I can give them again! :lmfao:

JITB
11-12-2007, 06:45 PM
1) tell me how the exhaust in that pic is going to collect water. It sits under the bumper. I guess it may get a little in it on a windy, rainy day, but it's not like a puddle is going to form in the bottom.

2) A real exhaust that has the "JDM Tilt" like the one in the pic is Stainless. Stainless doesn't rust.

well seeing that he wants one made the chances of it rusting at the seems, is very likely if it gets angled too much., u act like im makin this stuff up

BTLFED
11-12-2007, 06:54 PM
well seeing that he wants one made the chances of it rusting at the seems, is very likely if it gets angled too much., u act like im makin this stuff up

No, I'm not. I am saying that when done PROPERLY and using the right materials, these concerns don't exist. I'm not saying that HE won't have the problems you are describing.

blackshine007
11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
im looking for a shop to put on a hks hi power on my ef hatch soon and wanted to know a good shop to give me a nice tilt i have seen some BAD jobs and dont want mine to look like that im on the southside but work and spend alot of time in marietta so any help would be great
The Ricist community frowns upon your senseless shenanigans :(

Besides, Mandrel bent pipes will get you the most power if you don't have enough clearence for straight piping + JDM tilt. I think it's ricey as hell to do JDM tilt on a car with multiple bends. It will hurt performance more than anything. But that's your vehicle and no one can change your mind so good luck to you :goodjob:

Whiteboy™
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
http://www.1112studio.com/photos/exhaust1.jpg

JITB
11-12-2007, 06:59 PM
No, I'm not. I am saying that when done PROPERLY and using the right materials, these concerns don't exist. I'm not saying that HE won't have the problems you are describing.

aight...

u know what... he knows where to go... take ur ass to mainstream

EmminoDaGreat
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
we are open m-f

M,W,F 10-6
T,Th 10-8

If you want us to do it.