PDA

View Full Version : EF Squad Meet Aftermath

Cato ED-6
11-10-2007, 07:19 PM
I want to title that meet the "WTF meet".
Everything was completely random, where we were going and who was leading.

For my leading part, I'll say I'm sorry. I usually tend to forget there are people behind me.

But none the less, a good meet. Had a lot of fun and gained some respect(hopefully).:goodjob:

I'm just wondering where the front mountain run people went. The last half of the run we were on our own.:???:

And more people should of stayed for the go-karts, they were damn fun.
The last run I was just drifting the course. LOL:yes:

Last but not lest.....anyone got pics?:camera:

(oh ya, I'm still laughing at the "F*ck CiCis!" incident.:lmfao:)

EvasiveEF9
11-10-2007, 08:51 PM
What happened at cici's?

The front mountain runners took off on our own 80-110mph excursion sliding, twisting, passing, drifting and gliding. Hardman (with the black Volvo) knew where to go, so I figured ya'll would be ok to follow him. The crew that was in front of him kept up with me well enough.

As for the "leading" I kept (for the most part) the group together on the turns that mattered. As long as you didn't turn off the course, you were fine up until the point you hit the stop sign and had to go right onto the three-lane roads. That's when we kinda split... As for on 400...I kept a steady 80-90mph (minus a few times I ran with CCI and JFRO and swerving through cones)

Sorry I missed out on the Andretti's/Cici's part...I had some...things that needed tending to. I went to Andretti's (finally) at about 8 or 830...obviously no one was there, but that was the earliest I got myself free, again...

uproot
11-10-2007, 08:53 PM
sounds like you guys had a good time :goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
11-10-2007, 09:01 PM
sounds like you guys had a good time :goodjob:
Yeah. We had a GREAT time without you. :tongue1:

uproot
11-10-2007, 09:12 PM
:cry:

EvasiveEF9
11-10-2007, 09:18 PM
:cry:
I'M JUST KIDDING, MAN! :cry: I MISSED YOU!

uproot
11-10-2007, 09:21 PM
lol glad yall had fun though... sorry i couldnt tag along... but anyway we need to start gettin somethin else in the works, maybe for the new year or somethin... gotta get MORE PEOPLE out there doin whatever it is we're gonna do.

yeah. more people. :goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
11-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Well, here's the thing...I mean we could always pull a function somewhere...like get together at someone's house and do whatever...but it's about to get cold. Not many are gonna wanna be outside TOO much. Especially those of us with no heater in their car... :(

New years...most everyone's probably already gonna have plans, so that'd be hard to pull...

Keep in mind alot of us are about to be moving on with our lives whether temporary or permanent. I'm about to go to basic (don't worry, my "home" will be here in atlanta for years to come) and JFRO is about to move to another base, I think, and Dare...has stuff about to go on, I think. Basically...come February time, there's gonna be some people on their way down the road of life...we gotta get somethin' rollin'. Not to mention, this squad better not friggin' fall apart when some of us big dogs get tied up with stuff in our lives...

Papa_Smurf
11-10-2007, 09:50 PM
ben, i feel like in a year or so, it will fall apart :(

EvasiveEF9
11-10-2007, 09:52 PM
ben, i feel like in a year or so, it will fall apart :(
Only if those that "care" start to no longer care...

Papa_Smurf
11-10-2007, 10:04 PM
i'll always be down for sum squad shiit, but not as long as it keeps going like it's going...

like seriously if you, jeff, and darryl pulled the same **** everyone els did w/ the no shows, the meet would have been done by 9:30 this morning...

seriously, i think if we are going to do a mountain run again, we should keep the number small, maybe 6-7 people who actually WANT to go and that are RELIABLE, not people that just say they're gonna come, ya know?

idk, i'm just aggervated @ the turnout i guess...

EvasiveEF9
11-10-2007, 10:20 PM
i'll always be down for sum squad shiit, but not as long as it keeps going like it's going...

like seriously if you, jeff, and darryl pulled the same **** everyone els did w/ the no shows, the meet would have been done by 9:30 this morning...

seriously, i think if we are going to do a mountain run again, we should keep the number small, maybe 6-7 people who actually WANT to go and that are RELIABLE, not people that just say they're gonna come, ya know?

idk, i'm just aggervated @ the turnout i guess...
LoL, you've gotta understand, though, that there's always going to be people not as dedicated, and there's going to be people that just aren't as into it as we are. not to mention those that CAN'T make it from time to time due to work, school, girlfriends, family issues...that and cold. No one comes out in the winter. Ever. Whether it be due to school, cold, or their car is hibernating/being built.

For today, I'm satisfied with the number of turnouts...no matter how many people said they would or wouldn't come out. It was semi-small, it was semi-personal. We could actually get to know people instead of just seeing a group of people...

Forget dare, myself, and jfro. It's not about us. It's about who is willing to step up, take charge, plan meets, and try to keep everyone close and in contact and motivated to WANT to get together. You're not gonna win all your battles...but you've got to keep people involved.

For those that were simply late showing up...I don't know their excuses, and I don't really give a damn, frankly. Those that were running late had a contact. Granted, I was one or two guys' contacts, and due to matters out of my hands...they weren't able to make the run that I was a part of. But those that were running late and missed us for this or that reason...and we never knew they were even on their way...? For them, I don't feel sorry. They need to be closer with the squad and know how to contact people when something comes up. Hell, I called Dare at 8:15 this morning cuz myself and the female didn't wanna get outta bed. All it takes is a call to say "hey, I'm on the way...wait up" Just like the one or two guys did up there in the mountains...

It's gonna be what you make of it. No matter how you look at it...

Papa_Smurf
11-10-2007, 11:07 PM
^^ word.

i guess if worse comes to worse, me and Guy will hold the EF Squad down, lol

yea i hear ya bout the other people, but i just like the idea of more people, because i know there are so many EF's out there. I mean, what would be better than rolling 20-30 EF's deep down 400 heading up to the mountains? That would be killer.

But a small meet does have it's perks. Me, you, Guy, Darryl, Jeff, and now Jermaine all know each other relatively well now. Oh yea, and Goldy (forgot your name, lol sry) and the dude w/ the SiR wagon (also forgot your name :().

EvasiveEF9
11-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Seriously...the crew that frequents is getting well known. Cato's around, too...but he usually stays up here on the northside. Halfwit is known when he makes an appearance (except I somehow didn't recognize him :goodjob: ) and finally NO one ever remembers straightsix...and he drives the furthest of ANYONE!

A-ran
11-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Sorry guys I didnt make it... My brother had a wreck thursday in Alt and I had to go and pick it up and tow it back to C-town today... really wanted to go tho...

dang it!

MikeyPrzy
11-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I was there. It was fun regardless of the people splitting up. First time running my EF in the mountains and now my brakes are really squishy. I actually skid like 20 feet today because I tried to to stop when the light turned yellow, was only going like 40...

Anyways, sorry I didn't make it to the go-kart racing, my brother's family dinner was happening. Also had no money to make it down there and race and make it home. :(

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 10:36 AM
I was there. It was fun regardless of the people splitting up. First time running my EF in the mountains and now my brakes are really squishy. I actually skid like 20 feet today because I tried to to stop when the light turned yellow, was only going like 40...

Anyways, sorry I didn't make it to the go-kart racing, my brother's family dinner was happening. Also had no money to make it down there and race and make it home. :(
Couple things probably happened. Discs and/or pads glazed over from heat. No worries, it'll wear off. Just be weary that they're glazed until they fix themselves. Else...bleed the piss outta your brakes.

mushroom_toy
11-11-2007, 10:52 AM
You guys are slow.....jk it was good running with yall. Hopefully yall had as much fun as i did. CRX was crazy fast, but kept making a grinding noise because of his downpipe. o.0

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 11:28 AM
You guys are slow.....jk it was good running with yall. Hopefully yall had as much fun as i did. CRX was crazy fast, but kept making a grinding noise because of his downpipe. o.0
...which CRx?

It was fun...but we ran "slow" because we were being more cautious...

JDMJAYDC2
11-11-2007, 11:34 AM
not as slow as some ppl mts own me!!! lol it was hella fun though i got to test my little D series and it was pretty impressive well until that tricky part when you go over that small ass bridge man i was scared as **** but this meet was the **** if you missed it shame on yo ass Alan is one funny mofo def gonna have to kick it with all the guys from cici's some more i think cici's was the best part of the meet to be honest we all got time to sit down and talk. alot more time to feel each other out and see if the person was cool or not

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 11:47 AM
LoL, yeah, the eating usually is the best part of it just cuz everyone sits as a group. Like the Varsity is cool...but I mean everyone's spread in their little groups or whatever...

I wish I coulda been there...but like I said, I had things I had to take care of...

JDMJAYDC2
11-11-2007, 12:20 PM
masturbating does not count as other things to take care off btw who was the cutie you were with you didnt introduce her to any of the black guys there.... wait i was the only one :thinking: :D according to the new information i got dare is not black

how the hell did she and that guy fall asleep in your car lol i was just thinking about this just now i know that guys ass had to be hurting riding up there

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 12:27 PM
masturbating does not count as other things to take care off btw who was the cutie you were with you didnt introduce her to any of the black guys there.... wait i was the only one :thinking: :D according to the new information i got dare is not black

how the hell did she and that guy fall asleep in your car lol i was just thinking about this just now i know that guys ass had to be hurting riding up there
LoLoL. Her name was Kitty...er...that's what she goes by. I didn't really introduce her to many people, no matter the race. She's not too big on meeting people...especially big groups at one time. But if you get to know her, she's cool as hell. Don't even know that ya'll will see her again, though...not because we're on bad terms, but because her and my schedule to NOT cross easily. It's rare. But yeah, some may not agree, but I think the girl's cute as ****...the deal with trying to date her is complicated though :thinking: so I'm not sure what'll happen between her and I.

She can sleep anywhere...we only got like 3 hours of sleep, so just about anywhere was comfortable enough for her...as for the guy, he laid down to the two auburn hoodies and made a bed of them. Seems that's all those things are good for anyways :no: But yeah, he'd been drinking the night before, as well...so...we were all tired. And then I just drove as gently as I could for the highway portion.

Since when is Dare not black? And wtf...black is a derrogatory term.

wbhard3029
11-11-2007, 12:32 PM
YEAH I AGREE YA'LL GRETA MEET..but we do need to keep small...and i also kinda agree..it was a tad bit slow...but i loved it...and for ya'll in the back with me..i have some great pics...
also i have pics from the damn

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 12:38 PM
hardman...it's a dam. not a damn. LoLoL.

As for "slow"...you were definitly not in the front, LoL.

JDMJAYDC2
11-11-2007, 12:38 PM
^^^ah this is the guy with the black volvo thanks for telling me i was a noob on the mountain!!! lol but yeah ben shes a cuite for sure she has that whole goth but not too much thing going on kinda punk a bit hope it works out for you def gonna need someone to write you and such once you leave

Cato ED-6
11-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm just happy I can keep up with Hard. Being stock and having slightly bad brakes.

And ya Ben, I know my way around the mountains. I was just wondering where every body went.

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 01:47 PM
^^^ah this is the guy with the black volvo thanks for telling me i was a noob on the mountain!!! lol but yeah ben shes a cuite for sure she has that whole goth but not too much thing going on kinda punk a bit hope it works out for you def gonna need someone to write you and such once you leave
LoL, hey...nothing wrong with being a noob. I'd rather you be a noob then out-drive your car...

Yeah, man, like...she's not at all my typical girl, though. Ask Hard. Good god she's not my typical. But the last one that was my "type" ended up being a cheating whore, so...you know. Had to try somethin' new. Besides, Alex, the guy that was with me started dating a "punk" chick and he was like "Dude...get a punk chick. Just trust me." Well...little did he know I've been "crushing" on one since last september when I found my ex to be a whore. As for someone to write me...LoL. That's covered. Courtney, Kelly, Alex, Erin, and Erin's mom have all said they've got me covered plenty on that. Plus, I expect to hear from a couple others, but no names are necc. on them. But I can't say I wouldn't LOVE to have someone to write home to...one that's not just a friend.

Papa_Smurf
11-11-2007, 01:47 PM
not as slow as some ppl mts own me!!! lol it was hella fun though i got to test my little D series and it was pretty impressive well until that tricky part when you go over that small ass bridge man i was scared as **** but this meet was the **** if you missed it shame on yo ass Alan is one funny mofo def gonna have to kick it with all the guys from cici's some more i think cici's was the best part of the meet to be honest we all got time to sit down and talk. alot more time to feel each other out and see if the person was cool or not

Cliff notes: Eating was the best part, sittign down and meeting everyone

There is talks of another "meet" for the holidays....

The idea is to either go out to eat, or eat at a members house, everyone bring a dish and everyone bring a date. It would be a more personal meet.

I do tend to agree, that just sitting and eating with yall is defaintly a blast cause you guys are sum funny fuuckers! :D

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm just happy I can keep up with Hard. Being stock and having slightly bad brakes.

And ya Ben, I know my way around the mountains. I was just wondering where every body went.
God damn your stupid brakes...

Tell you what...go hand-in-hand with me, and lets split the cost of those damn calipers in the rear. I'll pay for one if you'll pay for the other under my job's account. This way you get two new calipers in the back. And I'll get mine. (lifetime warranty FTW, LoL) That way, we know it's not bad calipers and we've tried everything...if it's not those ideas...dude, don't know WTF to say...probably put a vacuum pump on it after that...

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Cliff notes: Eating was the best part, sittign down and meeting everyone

There is talks of another "meet" for the holidays....

The idea is to either go out to eat, or eat at a members house, everyone bring a dish and everyone bring a date. It would be a more personal meet.

I do tend to agree, that just sitting and eating with yall is defaintly a blast cause you guys are sum funny fuuckers! :D
LoL. Wrong cliff notes...he wanted cliff notes on my lack of pay, LoL.

Good enough, though, you've got the idea. I wish I'd made cici's, damnit...

Oh, and the girl wouldn't be required...LoL. It's just a thought. And yeah, we've got some **Dare's voice** "damn clowns" in the squad...so it'd be fun, I think.

Papa_Smurf
11-11-2007, 01:51 PM
^^ lol yea ik, but i have to create myself a set of cliff notes for jermaines posts becuase he doesn't use punctuation....lololol

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 01:54 PM
^^ lol yea ik, but i have to create myself a set of cliff notes for jermaines posts becuase he doesn't use punctuation....lololol
..I thought I was the only vocab/grammer nut on here.

Cato ED-6
11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
..I thought I was the only vocab/grammar nut on here.

LOL Nope I've got my computer setup to automatically correct any spelling or grammar mistake when I post.

About this Caliper deal, please elaborate. I'm slightly confused.

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 02:23 PM
LOL Nope I've got my computer setup to automatically correct any spelling or grammar mistake when I post.

About this Caliper deal, please elaborate. I'm slightly confused.
There's a possibility one of the calipers may be bad. I want to replace mine just so they're new. You pay for one at napa, I'll pay for the other. They'll (both sides) will go on your car immediately, and we'll try to bleed 'em out again. In about a month or so, I'll take mine in and exchange them. Then we'll both have new rears for half the cost...not to mention the account through my job brings more savings...

I've got an extra DA MC here at the house that I'm about to do this with...

Cato ED-6
11-11-2007, 02:32 PM
There's a possibility one of the calipers may be bad. I want to replace mine just so they're new. You pay for one at NAPA, I'll pay for the other. They'll (both sides) will go on your car immediately, and we'll try to bleed 'em out again. In about a month or so, I'll take mine in and exchange them. Then we'll both have new rears for half the cost...not to mention the account through my job brings more savings...

I've got an extra DA MC here at the house that I'm about to do this with...

Ok, whats the price? And when are you thinking of doing this?

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 02:46 PM
I'll check up on it like monday, and asap, pretty much...

StraightSix
11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
I really would like to have stuck around and hung out a bit. Stupid job.

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I really would like to have stuck around and hung out a bit. Stupid job.
I should have friggin' followed you to 85...

I took 400south to Cumming (exit 14) and shot east on 20 into the 85/316 connector just south of the mall of Ga. I have NEVER seen a highway that ****ed up...took us FOREVER to get that girl home...

StraightSix
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM

I took 400south to Cumming (exit 14) and shot east on 20 into the 85/316 connector just south of the mall of Ga. I have NEVER seen a highway that ****ed up...took us FOREVER to get that girl home...

I tried to take the route home that I took last time we ran the mountains. The way it should have gone was taking GA 115 out to Clarkesville and then picking up what I remember being US 123 into Seneca, SC. Well, it would seem that what I recall being 123 is really 441. I eventually picked up 85 in SC.

The route you took was probably the best one depending on where exactly you were going.

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I tried to take the route home that I took last time we ran the mountains. The way it should have gone was taking GA 115 out to Clarkesville and then picking up what I remember being US 123 into Seneca, SC. Well, it would seem that what I recall being 123 is really 441. I eventually picked up 85 in SC.

The route you took was probably the best one depending on where exactly you were going.
Lawrenceville in Ga. The route I took was shorter in distance...but I should have followed you out to 985 (not 85, my bad) and just shot down that... I'm POSITIVE traffic would have run smoother...

StraightSix
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Lawrenceville in Ga. The route I took was shorter in distance...but I should have followed you out to 985 (not 85, my bad) and just shot down that... I'm POSITIVE traffic would have run smoother...

Lawrenceville is where my parents and brother live and where I used to live. 985 is usually a little better for traffic. I try to avoid the traffic around Mall of GA.

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Lawrenceville is where my parents and brother live and where I used to live. 985 is usually a little better for traffic. I try to avoid the traffic around Mall of GA.
I wish we'd had this conversation before I got her home 30minutes late for work... :tongue1:

MikeyPrzy
11-12-2007, 04:00 PM

lolol thats the way I took to get home. 20 all the way to Buford Highway atleast :/

EvasiveEF9
11-12-2007, 04:09 PM
...**** that highway, man...**** that highway...

LIKEG6
11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
when my tranny gets rebuilt I will be tryin to make it to as many meets as I can, I wanna get to know some of ya'll, I get tired of the same old **** down here in C-town