PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Well i went FI .........

Goinfasterthanu
11-10-2007, 11:18 AM
As a lot IA knows i used to have a h22 hatch with a 65 shot ...putting down 265 at the wheels {236tq} on the spray. Well i felt as if i had gone as far as the h22 was going to go without a 5k build at least... So i sold it ..hehe... I now have a built LS with a nice turbo setup.. Did a little work to it and off to the dyno it went... With VERY little tuning and 11 psi it made nice power. Keep in mind the was a STARTING point . I was still running stock honda map sensor { why i was stuck a 11 psi} and only had rc550's .. There will be another dyno soon.....Please keep the flames to your self...
srp 8:5:1
eagle rods
acl bearings
t3/t4 60 trim
rc550cc

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/Goinfasterthanu/dyno.jpg

Also ED KICKS ASS!! He had me tuned in a hour........Fixed about 10 little bugs for me . my car runs like a new car!!

black
11-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Im sure your numbers will be alot higher when you're running right, as of now. It must suck being slower.

Vteckidd
11-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Not bad numbers if its a straight LS motor. Thats about right power wise.

Your compression is too low, thats why the numbers are lower that normal, youll have to run more boost to get the same numbers as everyone else running 9.5:1

throw a thinner headgasket on it!

Goinfasterthanu
11-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Im sure your numbers will be alot higher when you're running right, as of now. It must suck being slower.

Well thats the thing its not really much slower... I have raced both cars...The hatch has the jump but from there its all over.....

Goinfasterthanu
11-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Not bad numbers if its a straight LS motor. Thats about right power wise.

Your compression is too low, thats why the numbers are lower that normal, youll have to run more boost to get the same numbers as everyone else running 9.5:1

throw a thinner headgasket on it!

Yea i wouldnt have made it so low but it is what it is.... Over all im happy with it and it WILL be running more boost soon... And yea theres no porting , cams or anything...... Anything you can think of thatll help it a lot.. I would like to drop the revhard a/c compatable mani.... Anyone know a way to get a filter on the turbo with this mani???

Vteckidd
11-10-2007, 02:40 PM
it really hard to get a filter on it. sometimes you can only run a mesh screen.

enjoy it man :)

TheChosenOne
11-10-2007, 03:57 PM
So you did the ole' switch-a-roo on me, huh? lol

I remember that night I ran you in my gsr hatch... IT WASN'T EVEN CLOSE!

Now your boosted... berry nyce!:goodjob:

Goinfasterthanu
11-10-2007, 05:05 PM
What kind of mesh screen would i put on it? Where would i get it? Sorry for asking .... first boosted car!

scttydb411
11-10-2007, 06:51 PM
go to home depot and get steel screen for a screen door. just make sure you get steel mesh and not the nylon mesh or you'll have some trouble quick.

drive it a bit and when it starts to feel slow to you (give it 2-4 weeks), get a 3 bar and crank it up.

chituntang
11-11-2007, 11:21 PM
I think that's some nice powers.

Goinfasterthanu
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM
thanks!!

Berta
11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Nice, beat it pulls good too. You ought to be able to enjoy that for alil while.

nextelbuddy
11-12-2007, 02:22 PM
gotta love balanced lol. nice numbers, please get a better map sensor and go back for more tuning to up the boost. :)

patrick4588
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
gotta love balanced lol. nice numbers, please get a better map sensor and go back for more tuning to up the boost. :)

x2 on that

Goinfasterthanu
11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
will do.... just getting the car up to par... brakes , tires...ect... i dont want to kill my self...

Goinfasterthanu
11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
ran my old h22 hatch last night and was able to pull 2 1/2 cars on it by 120 so im happy for now{evil grin}

OG-Skinny
11-12-2007, 05:38 PM
When the FUAWK did you get this? It's it a straight integra? Oo... trader!

Goinfasterthanu
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
About a week ago.... Its in a 4 door civic..hehe....with full interior killing my gutted hatch{off the spray}

OG-Skinny
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
About a week ago.... Its in a 4 door civic..hehe....with full interior killing my gutted hatch{off the spray}

Nice. I thought about keeping my green 4-door civic, painting it midori green, and just putting a built d-series turbo in it.

300whp FTW!

Goinfasterthanu
11-12-2007, 06:17 PM
hell yea... ill be at 350 by the end of the month hopefully....

con
11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
about damn'd time....you've been a nitrous whore for far too long....

nash8
11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Shoulda kept the teg, but the 4 door civic will catch a lot of people off gaurd. Nice numbers for only 11 lbs of boost, very nice TQ. And your crazy for wanting to go for a higher compression ratio. The lower the compression ratio the more boost you can run. Look at all the turbo drag cars, they're all running extremely low CR with extremely high boost. Once you get your new MAP, and supporting mods and can run 20+lbs of boost, you'll be glad you got 8.5 instead of 9.5, 550s should be good for about 20 lbs of boost.High compression is for N/A V8's, not for turbocharged 4's. Again, very nice car and very nice numbers, can't wait till you crank the boost up. Definantly post some new numbers when you get everything straight.

Goinfasterthanu
11-12-2007, 09:40 PM
about damn'd time....you've been a nitrous whore for far too long....

damn con whats up?? Hit me up sometime...you ever go to the V on thursdays?

Goinfasterthanu
11-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Shoulda kept the teg, but the 4 door civic will catch a lot of people off gaurd. Nice numbers for only 11 lbs of boost, very nice TQ. And your crazy for wanting to go for a higher compression ratio. The lower the compression ratio the more boost you can run. Look at all the turbo drag cars, they're all running extremely low CR with extremely high boost. Once you get your new MAP, and supporting mods and can run 20+lbs of boost, you'll be glad you got 8.5 instead of 9.5, 550s should be good for about 20 lbs of boost.High compression is for N/A V8's, not for turbocharged 4's. Again, very nice car and very nice numbers, can't wait till you crank the boost up. Definantly post some new numbers when you get everything straight.

I never had a teg..... well a long time ago... But i LOVE the 4 door! SLEEPER...Just gotta hide the intercooler....hehe Thanks everyone!

nash8
11-16-2007, 12:49 AM
I bet that thing is a sweet sleeper, do you have anything done cosmetic wise. And you definantly should hide that intercooler lol. Just put some mesh up over it. One of my buddies had a turbo 93 5.0 that was all black, he painted the intercooler black, painted the mesh in front of it black, and had the bov recicrulated back into the intake track, so you couldn't really tell it was boosted unless you were really paying attention. It was pushing around 580whp, and definantly caught I lot of bad ass DSM's and supra's off guard.

Sleepers are the best!!!!!!

Bballjamal
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM

lol

crxsiguy
11-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Congrats on comin to the darkside Aka Boost :goodjob:

Goinfasterthanu
11-20-2007, 02:47 PM
hehe....thanks .. I have been loving it!! I thought i killed it ... Raceing a 350z , shift in to 5th full boost... The my car sounds like a subie!!! I was like oh now i burnt a valve...Nope spark plug wire came off dizzy....lol....at least i won...

B_Hoov
11-20-2007, 02:54 PM
i would like to run you to see where i stand, read my horsepower expectations thread on this forum and PM me if interested, the most current dyno sheet i have for the car is 236whp on the break in tune, going to get the real tune on it in about a month after i finish off my house.

Goinfasterthanu
11-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Shure if ya want.... Mine isnt really that fast. I know all about the H ... My last car was a 265whp hatch with a H.......

B_Hoov
11-21-2007, 06:48 PM
what area are you located? we can try to do something Saturday night if you want, let me know where you will be and i will swing down that way - Bruce i assume your phone number is in your sig?

2Fast4Radar
11-26-2007, 07:50 PM

throw a thinner headgasket on it!8.5:1 is low for a turboed car? Are you serious? :???:

I have 8:1 compression and the highest I would ever go would be 8.5:1. Detonation and knock suck!

2Fast4Radar
11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Anyone know a way to get a filter on the turbo with this mani???I would highly suggest trying to get a quality filter on the turbo. Over the years the Supra guys have shown what happens what you run with just a screen netting over the turbo - particulate from the air impacts the compressor wheel and causes pitting over time. I'd make it work somehow - if you're at the track making a few passes that's one thing, but driving it around on the roads all the time is something I wouldn't want to do with just a screen unless you just don't care about the turbo.

KevinT707
11-26-2007, 11:23 PM
8.5:1 is low for a turboed car? Are you serious? :???:

I have 8:1 compression and the highest I would ever go would be 8.5:1. Detonation and knock suck!
Well I'm running 10.5:1 pistons with Ferrea flat face valves so my compression is between 10.5-11 and I'm running tons of nitrous on 93 octane with no problems. It's not boost but it's still FI.

Goinfasterthanu
11-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Well I'm running 10.5:1 pistons with Ferrea flat face valves so my compression is between 10.5-11 and I'm running tons of nitrous on 93 octane with no problems. It's not boost but it's still FI.

Well i have to step in here... Nitrous is fine with hi compression... All hi compression car with a good nitrous setup will own on a drag strip!! Boost is fine with hi compression but the further up in compression goes the more likely it will det... You can keep it in check with good tuning .. Now nitrous will yeild 50 hp on 10:5:1 or 8:5:1 on the same shot , it isnt effected{sp?}like boost is by compression..... Its also not FI kevin... there is no forced air...hehe

nash8
11-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Nitrous is kinda FI, but not really. You are forcing more air (actually nitrous oxide which is still a gas), but you don't really gain horsepower from the increase in cylinder pressure like you do with a turbo/SC, you gain the power because of the higher combustion ratio of N20.

So technically you are forcing more of something into the combustion chamber, it's just not air.

But you are totally right on the CR/nitrous thing. Since you arent really increasing the cylinder pressure by that much, running nitrous doesn't really cause detonation in high compression motors. You just gain more power by getting better combustion.

Where did all this talk of high compression ratio is better for boost start. I've never heard that before in my life. It just doesn't make sense to me whatsoever. More boost>higher compression ratio 100% of the time. If that's not true than there's a lot of evo, supra, dsm, sti and various other t/c vechicle owners that have been doing things totally wrong for a long time by lowering CR to run more boost.

Goinfasterthanu
11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Nitrous is kinda FI, but not really. You are forcing more air (actually nitrous oxide which is still a gas), but you don't really gain horsepower from the increase in cylinder pressure like you do with a turbo/SC, you gain the power because of the higher combustion ratio of N20.

So technically you are forcing more of something into the combustion chamber, it's just not air.

But you are totally right on the CR/nitrous thing. Since you arent really increasing the cylinder pressure by that much, running nitrous doesn't really cause detonation in high compression motors. You just gain more power by getting better combustion.

Where did all this talk of high compression ratio is better for boost start. I've never heard that before in my life. It just doesn't make sense to me whatsoever. More boost>higher compression ratio 100% of the time. If that's not true than there's a lot of evo, supra, dsm, sti and various other t/c vechicle owners that have been doing things totally wrong for a long time by lowering CR to run more boost.

I agree... I was just saying in the sense that nitrous wont bring you into even 1psi of boost.. But in a sense it is just wont ever bring you out of 0vac like true FI... All on how you look at it.....

Goinfasterthanu
11-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Oh and i think all Vtec kidd was saying was i the power i made because of my compression..As a stock motor would have made more power at 11psi... New dyno on the way.. Got larger intercooler , 3 bar map... now just need injectors and head studs....And mabye a 3in down pipe and catback...

KevinT707
11-27-2007, 04:13 PM
So anyway, LMK when you're down to race Jeremy.

Goinfasterthanu
11-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Hit me up.... Ill try it on 11 pounds ... After my retune there will be no hope...hehe

jadakid88
01-05-2008, 11:00 AM
bump my for my same block setup!

ahhmyek
01-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I want to see the h22 hatch on nitrous go at it against the fo-do on boost. Chilli needs to quit bein a poon and SPRAAAY.

Goinfasterthanu
01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
turbo seals are bad so no ones racing ...hehe... oh and -1 to you becuse i dont know who you are.......

Goinfasterthanu
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
got lucky and i hit the +1...... luck for you ... for now.....