PDA

View Full Version : Detailers or Whoever Can

Crazy Asian
11-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I need help. I bought a JDM Type S hood...and theres double sided tape and fine scratch marks everywhere. I need to know a place where to get this fixed. If you can do it Ill buy you lunch and 20 bucks.

And not Mcdonald. I hate taht **** so well hop by like Taco Mac or wherever you feel like but nothing like a 60 dollar steak or anyhting like that.

Crazy Asian
11-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Also I know this is in the wrong section but I had no idea to put this in so yes Im sorry mods.

1NonlyAccord
11-10-2007, 11:00 AM
hey man, its not worth all that for someone to do, go to local pepboys and look for a bottle of 3M COMPOUND-Use a rag if u dont have a buffer.may have to go over it a few times by hand with pressure.that will get the scratches , but if its a black hood it will leave it a dull look,so use any waxs/polishes u want.and there ya go-No more scratches.

for the double sided tape,use any kind of gunk remover-we use 3M adhesive remover,then of course the ^^ compound-wax step again.

im a detailer for Absolute autobody/progressive. so I know what im talking about. Good luck!

Like i said itl be easier if you have a buffing wheel.but u can do it by hand but itl take longer and more work,but cheaper then lunch and 20$..but if u dont wnt to do it urself im sure sum1 will come do..best of luck

Crazy Asian
11-10-2007, 11:05 AM
where do you get 3m adhesive remover?

1NonlyAccord
11-10-2007, 11:09 AM
thats all we use at my work is 3M so we get it in boxs.
but im sure goofoff will do the same thing, just any adhesive remover.i used goof off when i got tagd on my car and it didnt effect the paint,and waxed the panels after and it was fine.

Crazy Asian
11-10-2007, 11:10 AM
I have goo gone..but my god taking forever.

Crazy Asian
11-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Actually goo gone doesnt want to take it off...it stays there. Im a goto autozone or pepboys.

1NonlyAccord
11-10-2007, 11:19 AM
oh, well if it helps-the 3M adhesive remover,is in a red/white square can,and the Compound is in a black bottle with compound writtin in white letters.
its kinda helpful knowing what things look like if you dk what ur looking for.lol

the compound should be around the detaling section of the store waxes,ect..im not sure bout the adhisive remover.maybe around the bondo and stuff?

rickgiblin
11-10-2007, 12:21 PM
dude, where in suwanee are you? i am also... i could possibly help you out. send me a pm

Blitanicle99
11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
3M Adhesive remover. And just get a decent rubbing compound.
If its that bad, you may want to try a very very light wet sand.
I used to detail mercedes, land rovers, bmws, anything high priced.

JDM onlyy
11-10-2007, 04:16 PM
They said it all. I was gonna say 3m adhesive remover and rubbing compound.

Crazy Asian
11-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Hrm I can't find any 3m Adhesive. **** this is pissing me off.

1NonlyAccord
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
3M Adhesive remover. And just get a decent rubbing compound.
If its that bad, you may want to try a very very light wet sand.
I used to detail mercedes, land rovers, bmws, anything high priced.

if wet sanding..do 1500 then go over it with 3000,then compound and wax.

EvasiveEF9
11-14-2007, 08:07 AM
I work at Auto Technology by the big chicken...bring it up here and we can probably help you out...quite possibly for free...? (obviously depends on how bad it is...)