PDA

View Full Version : Mac users, please help.

Sledlude
11-09-2007, 12:47 PM
dont know where to put this, so mods move as necessary. but please let it get a little play here first.

IChat is f&cking up. I keep getting error 8 when I try to video chat thru AIM. it keeps saying i failed to accept even though i did. it just started today, ive never had an issue video chatting before. im using osx10.4. apparently this is a common problem.... how to fix? yes my connection is wireless, but i plugged directly into modem, didnt help. firewall is off. WTF?
this is the first problem ive had with this comp, and it certainly pissing me off.

HELP

Nomad!
11-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Were you been able to video chat through AIM before?

Sledlude
11-09-2007, 01:06 PM
yes

Nemesis
11-09-2007, 01:18 PM
you bought a mac, that's your problem

There's nothing wrong with Macs, other than the bloated prices they charge for their hardware.

imbosile
11-09-2007, 01:28 PM
i pretty much gave up on the video chatting feature of ichat, i can rarely connect with people, and it only works if both parties have a great connection

not sure what you problem is though, sorry

Sledlude
11-09-2007, 01:32 PM
i pretty much gave up on the video chatting feature of ichat, i can rarely connect with people, and it only works if both parties have a great connection

not sure what you problem is though, sorry

what do you use for videochatting then?

imbosile
11-09-2007, 01:33 PM
what do you use for videochatting then?

i just don't do anything, i don't want to buy any other software, so i'm not really sure what i should do. i just stopped using it alltogether

Sledlude
11-09-2007, 01:50 PM
he said he doesnt use *iChat* for video chatting. there are other programs available. dolt. go bug someone else, because i don't give a damn about you.

Sledlude
11-09-2007, 02:22 PM
what ever happened to staying on topic? everyone is just looking to start $hit. you don't like macs? fine. dont come in here being a d*ck because you need your daily dose of IA drama. start that ish somewhere else because im not down for that.

i've tried about everything listed on mac forums and google, and since most of IA sits on their computer all day, i figured someone has a mac and has had this problem before.

and btw, I have a PC too. and it is undoubtedly a much bigger piece of **** than my mac. im not trying to start a mac/pc war here, just looking for some assistance. if you cant offer any, then why bother talking $hit? no reason, except u have no life.

Sledlude
11-09-2007, 02:26 PM
thats what i was thinking o_O

he obviously cares if he keeps replying.

just trying to keep thread on topic, you keep being a d*ck. and im a she, not a he. and you are still a d*ck.

AtifSajid
11-09-2007, 02:27 PM
That error is all complicated. It means someone is not responding..meaning the lines..you can do something about it but it has to do with opening ports on your router..etc...too much **** to do. Also like imbosile said..its line related..connection is not good.

AtifSajid
11-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Also if there is an update to ichat, search for it and install it, it may help out.

Sledlude
11-09-2007, 02:31 PM
thats what i thought too... but i circumvented the whole router problem and just plugged my comp into the modem. still no luck. and ive video chatted with using airport before too.

however, the one thing that HAS changed is that i have a voip adapter, and i hear that f&cks $hit up. but again, i cut all that out and plugged straight into the modem, still same problem. maybe i should re-install i chat?

Sledlude
11-09-2007, 02:32 PM
HA! i posted that as you posted yours.... looking for a newer version of ichat, can't find one. this blows.

Sledlude
11-09-2007, 02:47 PM
anyway....
no other mac users?
i think you scared them all away kayfunk. every one is terrified of being subjected to one of your verbal lashings.

Jaimecbr900
11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Thread cleaned up as much as possible from the unnecessary stuff. :goodjob:

Mr. Clean
11-10-2007, 09:32 AM
yeah my mac doesnt like AIM at all... it logs me off constantly so i just gave it up... i used video chat maybe twice but i dont have the built in camera so it was a pain in the ass. i guess the point of this post... your not alone haha

Nomad!
11-10-2007, 11:29 AM
AIM is notorious for having bugs, at least for MACs anyway. You may want to check out the support board on Apple.com. People are always posting solutions to common problems there.