PDA

View Full Version : If your going to sale parts: Be a man of your WORD!!!!

JDMEK18
11-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

Whats going on everyone?
I'm not creating this forum to bash anyone - just to try and raise the standard of selling parts.

Here is my biggest complaint!!!

If you tell a buyer that your gonna sale them a part - then don't sale the part to someone else before the buy gets there to pick up the part.

Here is where honest buyers and sellers prove there "Word is there Word"

Nobody stands behind there word anymore... We sale our word for an extra $5,$20,$50 dollars and I personal think its crazy.

Now comes the example: (I'm using you as an example but I'm trying to use it as a point for us all to grow - not to put you on BLAST {1pointsix} - I have been there too where I needed the money and I sold a part to someone else before the other guy arrived)

I have been talking with 1pointsix for 2 days about getting his 17" rims...
He had them posted for $320 + steelies
I IM'ed him to see if he would take lower price. We ended up aggreeing on $260.00 + my steelies.
First day I was cool to meet but he had to reschedule due to family issue (completely understandable)
Second day - we were going to meet on my lunch - so i went to his apt. and but didn't have enough time to swap out the rims ( Another issue - Fella's don't post false stats about what you have (i.e., Tires have 75% all the way around - The rear tires had about 80% actually but the front had about 30% on both tires - thats another issue though!!)
I left his house on my lunch break at 2:50 pm We agreed to meet back up when I get off at 5:00 pm to finish the transaction (2 HOURS!!!) and he agreed to it.
I called him back at 5:00 on the dot and he said that he had another buyer gong to get the rims for $300 and he was on his way to get them.
I know that this is a money game but I was a little heated because I've been by his apt and seen the wheels and meet him face to face and we agreed on this and he still sold the wheels to someone else for an extra $40.00 - Had he told me that and then offered me an option to just pay the $40.00 dollar more then it would of atleast been polite. I would of just paid the extra money and took them myself. But to just sale them to someone else and not call the person you verbally sold them to 2 hours earlier is not being honest.

I know there are exceptions to this rule and all in all - He is a really respectful and nice person (like i said, not doing this to argue with him - just think that if we are a family(maybe thats stretching it. Haha!!!!) here on IA then we should atleast be polite to each other.

But back to the exception: I know there are people here that say there on there way and they never show up, or the keep going back and forward, FORGET THOSE PEOPLE - WE ARE HERE TO MAKE MONEY!!!!!

I'm talking about the guy that says hey man I'm on my way to get the part right now.. IS IT SOLD???

Here is another example of a transaction going down tonight with myself and another AI member.

The guy im's me on Tuesday and tells me that he def. wants the parts and Please don't sale to anyone else. I told him that I have one guy that said he was going to pick up the part today but if he doesn't then I'll hold it for you.
I have had 3 other - different opportunities to sale this part but its more important for me to keep my word then to sale the part and cash in on it today.. (and trust me i know that this issue sometimes blows up in your face too)

But if you tell someone that you will hold a part for them then simply "HOLD THE PART"
You don't have to hold it - just tell them that I need the money and its first come first server and that will make me respect you as a seller.

Back to the #1 thing that adds to or subtracts from a relationship

**** COMMUNICATION ****

Peace,
JDMEK18 :goodjob:

jadakid88
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
+ reps for the truth. :goodjob: this has happened to me so many times on ia, its not even funny son :rolleyes:!!

addandrew
11-09-2007, 04:17 PM
"ey ey.....be a man" lol just reminded me of Russell Peters.

ash7
11-09-2007, 04:51 PM
right on man :)

see you tonight for that piece. I will be leaving here in about thirty minutes.

Thankyou for keeping your word bro, I'm glad that someone finally wrote a post about this; it needs to be addressed.

-jonathan

osiriskidd
11-09-2007, 11:41 PM
happened to me with a car. oh well. money talks i suppose. its just up to their moral on how they wanna handle it.

puregroove
11-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I don't hold parts anymore unless the person sends me a deposit via paypal...

People tell me too many times...please hold the part for me...I'm out of town right now or whatever...or I get paid in so many days. Forget that...first come, first serve.

been said many times before...Money talks.

and yes +rep for communication...

I'll let you know about those steelies man... :goodjob:

Barefoot
11-10-2007, 03:44 PM
i understand where your coming from. on the other hand the bottom line is until i got cash in my hands there is no ill hold it for u no its pending no its sold. its a buyers market first with the most cash gets it. most times ive had better offers on parts and told the first buyer yo got a better offer u want to beat that price. they think your hustlin them and try to lable u as a scammer for tryin to get the most for your product.

gtikid
11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
i understand where your coming from. on the other hand the bottom line is until i got cash in my hands there is no ill hold it for u no its pending no its sold. its a buyers market first with the most cash gets it. most times ive had better offers on parts and told the first buyer yo got a better offer u want to beat that price. they think your hustlin them and try to lable u as a scammer for tryin to get the most for your product.

:goodjob:

In the case of the OP, yea your case was ****ed up. You went out there, looked at the parts, and even tried to perform the transaction. That right there serves as enough proof that you want them and your not gonna back out. If I was the seller, I would of definitely held them for you.

However, there has been too many times when someone is like "I call dibs....I want them....cash in hand.... :blah: :blah: :blah: " and never end up coming through. Like Puregroove said, I never hold anything for anybody. I try my best to let the potential buyers know that I have other offers i'm looking at or something like that, but I don't tell anyone that i'm gonna hold it just for them, b/c something might happen. Yes, it is first come first serve. I myself have also been a victim of first come first serve. I've missed out on a CF duckbills, lips, camber kits, etc :( Sucks, but what can we do....but in your case, IT IS ****ed up....

preferredduck
11-11-2007, 02:49 PM
i will hold a part if i cannot meet b/c of my schedule or if i know someones car has to run monday and they have to have it, but i will tell someoen straight up i have other offers or first one here gets it. the only time i have asked for something to be held is if im coming to get it. i tried to buy a prelude from a guy on here a while back. he blew me off 5 days in a row and i called him to meet dailey, then he said he sold the car overnite. i was a little pissed that he blew me off for 5 days when i was ready to drive to him. +++ for communication!!!

JDMEK18
11-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Good post fella's... There are def. exceptions to the rule.. Because I know there are a lot of bs talkers on IA.. And its not to say if its right to hold or not! I agree we all have to make money on here but I appreciate the guys that posted and said "I never hold parts" It's always first come first server... If you tell the buyer this then hey.... You have kept your word and if they really need it then they can come and get it.. I also appreciate those that save parts for those that make every effort to come and get the part or show you they are serious about the part.. You kind of have to weight all this on the persons conversation and thats why i say conversation is everything!!! Thanks again for the comments guys.