PDA

View Full Version : b16 in teggi

elitekerse
03-16-2005, 12:29 AM
whats up guys im buying a jdm sir b16 full swap for my 91 teggi why when i tell people this do they frown up is it a bad thing i had a ls b18a and i thought the b16 was the same as the gsr engine also the jdm sir motor comes with a lil more horse power than a regular gsr so i don't see the problem some body give me some insight

speedminded
03-16-2005, 02:09 AM
The GS-R is a B18C1 but in Japan it is known as a B18C SIR-G. The B16 is a rev happy engine that you can run the piss out of all day long but lacks the torque of a larger b-series so it's a perfect engine for the lightweight crx or EF hatch...not sure what your DA weighs. The DC2 (94+) was actually available with a B16 so it can't be too bad. If you can get a good deal on it then go for it...you can always sell the block down the road and use the head on a gs-r block and you practically have an ITR engine.

A.P. Photography
03-16-2005, 08:22 AM
In Japan the DA's came with a B16 (XSi) but the main difference was weight. The JDM counerparts did not have all of the heavy US crash standards and therefore a B16 was a good engine to have in them. I will tell you this from expierence, I have a friend with a B16 in his teg and we run neck in neck all the time except on take off and I can pull away from him there (torque) and then the higher rpm allows him to catch up and then it is pretty much even. Do as speedminded said and get it, then later on get you a GS-R block and have a poor mans ITR.

B16a2 Civic
03-16-2005, 08:49 AM
sooo....a gs-r block will allow me to have a poor mans itr...this interests me.....at any rate, my lil 2 cents...y friend just swapped out his b16a2 to get him a jdm b16 and its quick...so far i have no complaints with my b16a2 and i drove his si and i could feel the lil differnce but not much...so i would say go ahead and get it, hook ya car up tha way you like it

A.P. Photography
03-16-2005, 08:52 AM
^^ Yes but you are talking about two different cars also.

eViLMunkey
03-16-2005, 08:53 AM
if you don't want the b16 you can give it to me...

LS2ner
03-22-2005, 07:44 AM
i dont think there was an option to get the dc2 with a b16......could be wrong but i dont think so.

Vteckidd
03-22-2005, 09:31 AM
B16 in DA is a waste IMO, you need TQ to move that heavy bundle of honda. What its good for is this, you get a B16 tranny, and a VTEC head and ECU. i would swap it in , then build your old LS block for MUCHO power LS/VTEC later on down the road.......or turbo the B16 *gasp*

simplyblurredmrT
03-23-2005, 11:15 AM
He was on a budget so I had got him the best deal I could on a good motor. The b16 was his best bet for the money he could spend. I went over a couple of different options GSR, ITR, H22. It was a toss up between the H22 and the B16, the H22 was a little more then the b16 and I didn't know how it would preform in his DA so b16 it was. I figure it was Cheap enough to mod, and he could Boost it if he wanted....I'm more of and all motor guy but it his car. We'll see how it does when the motor get in and swapped.

A.P. Photography
03-23-2005, 12:37 PM
H22 in a DA has been known to run with a vette, talked to a guy that did it out on the west coast. However, the H22 requires massive amounts of massaging to get it to fit in the car. So on top of the engine you have the cost of metal working and relocating parts/mounts in the engine bay. B16 is a better bet for the money if you plan on boosting or LS/VTEC.

Vteckidd
03-23-2005, 04:08 PM
waste was probably to harsh a word, i already PMed him and told him it was a good deal, i just told him dont expect it to be much faster than his LS. but its good cause you get a VTEC head and a VTEC EU

simplyblurredmrT
03-23-2005, 05:11 PM
^^^Yeah I told him that it would be just a little faster than his LS. That is the one your going to be swapping, hopefully soon.

elitekerse
03-23-2005, 09:54 PM
yea thanks for the motor adam i know you like all motor but i love the fucking blow off after the turbo spools thats the main reason i was going to buy danny's car cuz it was boosted i want to boost the b16 fiest chance i get after a little body work

KevinT707
03-24-2005, 10:47 AM
yea only a lil slower on low RPM's but I bet Zayd's old LS was quicker up top , on the hwy. cause I couldn't catch up with him when my b16 was fully stock!

^^^Yeah I told him that it would be just a little faster than his LS. That is the one your going to be swapping, hopefully soon.

tubby
03-27-2005, 11:44 AM
whats up guys im buying a jdm sir b16 full swap for my 91 teggi why when i tell people this do they frown up is it a bad thing i had a ls b18a and i thought the b16 was the same as the gsr engine also the jdm sir motor comes with a lil more horse power than a regular gsr so i don't see the problem some body give me some insight

gh

LS2ner
03-28-2005, 12:51 AM
i really hope tubby's post was a joke. really really really hope so....

A.P. Photography
03-28-2005, 07:58 AM
No actually that is how he really types :(

elitekerse
04-04-2005, 07:37 PM
yea see the thing is i kinda blew up the b18 and this is my daily so i needed another engine so for the money i had at the time i think i did pretty good plus im going to boost it so it should still be a good project