PDA

View Full Version : Carputer Questions

Spyder
11-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I know some people hate the term... but... It is what it is :)

I am looking to put one together and I have been all over the various websites searching for all the information I can find. I know there are several people on here that have had various setups in the past, maybe you all can help me find what I need. :)

1) Where do you buy your screens? Does anywhere sell them locally? I am looking for a 7-8in touch screen with VGA inputs and USB out.

2) which front end or interface do you use? Im looking for one that can do XM/mp3's navigation and I would like it to do blue tooth for phones... I dont want to spend anything if possible. I like the features of streetdeck but i dont want to pay 200 bucks for it.

3) Does anyone have a monitor for sale? :ninja:

David88vert
11-09-2007, 06:23 AM
For screens - mp3car.com - I like Xenarc
I use Media Engine (older version) - I don't use the Bluetooth part though. ME is free.

koolaidman
11-09-2007, 07:45 AM
mp3car.com has all the stuff your looking for

mogaffar
11-09-2007, 09:30 AM
street deck for front end and get a lilliput 7inch touch screen, its cheap and good.

use www.mp3car.com as stated above.

Spyder
11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I appreciate all the input, unfortunatly as I mentioned I was hoping for a local vendor for touch screen as well as software.. Im hoping to find street deck for something less then 200 bucks.. although it does alot that is alot to pay as I mentioned before. I have been messing with various software packages in the MP3Car forums, so far i have found a few I liked but being that I havent actually used them in a car they are a little hard to tell what will really work well. Another problem with that site is that although they recommend a hundred different items most of them are sold out so the monitor selection is very limited...

chuck
11-09-2007, 11:39 AM
i've got an 8" touch screen with VGA inputs, USB control, and RCA inputs as well...looking $150. comes with mount and AC power adapter...

as for software, i've always been happy with centrafuse...

i've got the system set up in my living room for multimedia, i could show you the whole system out of the car. if you are interested just shoot me a PM.

Spyder
11-09-2007, 04:13 PM
PM sent.

Spyder
11-09-2007, 04:16 PM
PS I like the way centrafuse looks also but OMG its expensive.

mogaffar
11-09-2007, 04:56 PM
streetdeck is awesome because of the gestures you can do, ihave it in my 300zx and i love it.

Spyder
11-09-2007, 06:09 PM
streetdeck is awesome because of the gestures you can do, ihave it in my 300zx and i love it.

Bootleg it for me :goodjob:

mogaffar
11-10-2007, 08:25 AM
lol im actually using only the demo version right now :-D! just keep reinstalling every 30 days, im about to buy the orignal version soon but its computer specific. there isnt a crack out for it yet.

Spyder
11-11-2007, 11:11 PM
lol im actually using only the demo version right now :-D! just keep reinstalling every 30 days, im about to buy the orignal version soon but its computer specific. there isnt a crack out for it yet.

Is it an absolute PITA to remove and resinstall or is it as simple as remove it and reinstall it? If so I can do that each month, hell I will write a Macro to do it for me lol.

I seem to like the roadrunner front end... I am having a hard time finding any other front end that is still available for download, other then those that cost a ton... which isnt worth it :rolleyes:

I will also be looking for a back up camera and an usb XM reciver thingy.. Can you buy the xm adaptors locally? Anyone have one for sale? :D