PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Rotors and pads

STI LOVER
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok I'm getting ready to order a set of brake pads and some rotors also. I wanted to know if sp perfomance rotors are any good? Also what style is better, the slotted or the diamond slotted? I am thinking about going with the hawk hps pads. any ideas, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

YokotaS13
11-08-2007, 02:31 PM
apparently everyone loves hte HPS pads

i personally use the Endless CC-R pads in all of my cars, and love them

STI LOVER
11-08-2007, 02:38 PM
yea I heard a lot of people also like the carbo techs also but haven't heard a lot of feedback from them.

DinanM3atl
11-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Get the Hawk. Will be good for a street car.

Then get blanks. Slotted and drilled or dimpled and all that crap is garbage... No need.

STI LOVER
11-08-2007, 03:03 PM
yea I know what u mean. I guess there is a lot of ups and downs on the situation.

DinanM3atl
11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Blanks are cheaper and work just as well...

Mangrum
11-12-2007, 07:56 PM
i ahve also heard that drilled or slotted rotors have a tendency to crack..

chituntang
11-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I think hawk pads with blank brembo rotors, along with steel brake lines would do. If those slotted and drilled rotors are that good, brembo will make all their rotors that way, but they do not. Their oe spec rotors are all blanks. You do not need them for street use.

khailon
11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
wagner brake pads ftw

Tech5
11-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Bendix ftw

speedminded
11-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I think hawk pads with blank brembo rotors, along with steel brake lines would do. If those slotted and drilled rotors are that good, brembo will make all their rotors that way, but they do not. Their oe spec rotors are all blanks. You do not need them for street use.Show me race cars that use cross drilled rotors ;) Since asbestos is no longer used in pads there is no need in cross drilling, the pads of today don't emit the gases that required venting like decades ago. I hate the fact that optional "upgraded" brakes on Mercedes and Porsche both have cross-drilled rotors...it's completely ridiculous yet even Brembo's president will tell you it's purely cosmetic. As mentioned before, they crack...extreme temperature changes like splashing of a water puddle after heavy use can cause cracks between the holes.

As for slotted, it's still not needed...especially on a street car. All it does is clean any debri off the pad after hard use.

cactusEG
11-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Wagner pads last long and get some slotted or cross drilled rotors..