PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods recommended machine shops

Big J
11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Need a name of a competent machine shop to: ballance, blueprint, assemble, machine and install darton sleeves.

I'm not looking for a shop that is only comfortabe doing one type of motor, no one trick ponys.

I may also need a machine shop that can recut a crank signal wheel for a unique first time ever type build.

Motor is a 2.5L 4cyl Nissan QR25 (not mine :(, for a local guy)

Mainly looking for the opinions of some of the shops, who they use.

BLK JDM
11-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Check out Ewing Machine in Snellville. Mr. Ewing is a Darton distributor and does a lot of machine work for performance shops. He's done at least 10 Darton MID sleeve installs for friend of mine. He's listed in the machine shop directory sticky in the General Tech forum.

He'll walk you through every step of the process and even show you what machines and what type of jobs he's done. He's not snobby and stands by his work 100%. He'll listen first then ask you questions then give advice on what he recommends. He does everything in-house you don't have to worry about who's working on your motor.

MIKE.P
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
pm

Tracy
11-08-2007, 11:37 PM
We use Eagle Automotive Machine (770) 339-3053 Auburn.

Barefoot
11-08-2007, 11:50 PM
scotts in off 54 in Fayetteville right before the junk man in the square. he does most of the south sides work. hes done about 6 or 7 blocks for me all perfect.

Big J
11-09-2007, 06:31 AM
all going on my list to call

Big Baller
11-09-2007, 06:40 AM
www.ballengine.com

They are in lilburn

Big J
11-09-2007, 12:49 PM
www.ballengine.com (http://www.ballengine.com)

They are in lilburn

I take it their forte isnt web page design, lol.

Init2winit
11-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I strongly suggest that you don't use Scott's! I have built hundreds of engines over the years (race, mild, stock, etc...) and tried using them at one point, but they couldn't seem to do **** right. That was a few years ago. I even gave them another chance about 8 months ago, but they ****ed that up too. There are a bunch of morons running that place. The only one that I can say I am happy with is Proline in woodstock. They are very well known across the country.

Barefoot
11-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I strongly suggest that you don't use Scott's! I have built hundreds of engines over the years (race, mild, stock, etc...) and tried using them at one point, but they couldn't seem to do **** right. That was a few years ago. I even gave them another chance about 8 months ago, but they ****ed that up too. There are a bunch of morons running that place. The only one that I can say I am happy with is Proline in woodstock. They are very well known across the country.
he must not like u. all mine came out fine.

Init2winit
11-09-2007, 09:26 PM
he must not like u. all mine came out fine.I guess its hit or miss. Several people that I associate with have had similar problems with them as well.

Big Baller
11-09-2007, 11:18 PM
I take it their forte isnt web page design, lol.

Machine shop....not web page designers

Barefoot
11-10-2007, 01:21 AM
I guess its hit or miss. Several people that I associate with have had similar problems with them as well.
lol your on 1 side im on the other. i got several people easy hes done work for an it comes out fine. im not sayin they are prefect just never **** my **** or my friends **** up.

nash8
11-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Does proline have a website, I live in woodstock and i'm looking for good machine shop to port/polish my heads, and possibly assemble a stroker engine for me, which includes new crank, rods, pistons, and everything else along with it.

Init2winit
11-16-2007, 07:11 AM
http://www.prolineraceengines.com/