PDA

View Full Version : help!!

killerdx
11-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Alright i asked this question a while back but i never got a for sure answer from anyone who has had this problem. Someone said its more than likely a ground sumwhere. The problem is that sumtimes when the car is parked and i go to get in the gas guage drops to E and the fuel pump wont cut on. After i sit there for a while, the fuel pump will cut on and the gas guage goes back to where it should be. I have put a different relay in it and im really not sure on what ground would effect it this bad :???: it even cuts off while im ridin, and it likes to do it when i pull into traffic.

Jason..
11-08-2007, 09:18 AM
fuel pump sending unit

killerdx
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
fuel pump sending unit

will that effect my gas guage?

Jason..
11-08-2007, 10:33 AM
SURE WILL THATS A GOOD SIGN THATS THE SENDING UNIT:goodjob:

will that effect my gas guage?

killerdx
11-08-2007, 11:46 AM
so im guessing that this will also make my fuel pump not turn on :???:

jbhondatech
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
check wiring at junction plug that plugs into the top of the fuel pump, my have a bad wire or bad connection

Jason..
11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I WOULD THINK SO

so im guessing that this will also make my fuel pump not turn on :???:

IOnlyLookStock
11-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Did you or whoever you bought the car from install a fuel cut off switch?
Sounds like a loose connection or wiring with the fuel pump. Maybe there use to be a Fuel cut off and it got rewired incorrectly.
That could explain the pump not cutting on, but I don't think that would make the gauge read empty..

killerdx
11-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Did you or whoever you bought the car from install a fuel cut off switch?
Sounds like a loose connection or wiring with the fuel pump. Maybe there use to be a Fuel cut off and it got rewired incorrectly.
That could explain the pump not cutting on, but I don't think that would make the gauge read empty..

not that im sure of,i dont think they woulda been capapble to do that, i had to put the damn o2 sensor in it cuz they didnt know what they were doin. It had a b16a2 in it when i got it, then i built a ls/vtec and put it in there, thats when it started doing the cut off stuff

IOnlyLookStock
11-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Like jbhondatech said, pull out the rear seat and check the wiring junction on top of the fuel pump. Thats the easiest thing to do and its free!

killerdx
11-08-2007, 10:13 PM
thanks for the info yall :goodjob: reps given